Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152

Thread: Preparation on a budget

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Preparation on a budget

Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    You do realize that no one actually believes in zombies right?
    100%. Zombies are allegory for the mob mentality of society at its worst. It’s difficult to portray good people killing otherwise healthy but unthinking leaches that demand conformity to their collective actions...so we make them something else.

It could be societal collapse, it could be public lynch mob mentality, it could simply be a defense of independent thinkers. What it has never been about is the literal resurrection of the dead and spread via bite.

ETA: I also think there is some manner of giving normal, moral, loving human beings an outlet for a very primal urge to have a defined enemy that can be slaughtered wholesale without the bad juju that as a species and culture we’ve generally learned is evil. But the desire for a cut and dry sense of good and evil where evil is dealt with in an extremely violent fashion is no doubt sitting dormant in most people from our ancient history and prehistory.
    Last edited by thopkins22; 01-19-19 at 13:58.

I'm from everywhere man because I'm an everywhere man....
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Hi New to this forum. Lots of good info. FYI, I've been finding a lot of good deals on surplus new Woodland BDUs and some MOLLE gear on Poshmark of all places..... I know.... Poshmark. Pretty good deals though, better than what I've seen on Ebay.

Also ran across this site when doing some basic research on armor plates. Pretty good article:

https://theprepared.com/self-defense...of-body-armor/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Since at least one financial industry partner has said recession is more likely, are you guys stepping up any preps? I am feeling REALLY tight right now- medical bills, kids with needs and low commissions in my industry in the summers. Just looking for thoughts and bumping one of my favorite threads on the internet...

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/morga...154631864.html

https://www.morganstanley.com/ideas/...bout-recession

I REALIZE THIS HAPPENS ALOT- SOMEONE IS ALWAYS PREDICTING DOOM AND GLOOM. Maybe I just never noticed it? I have heard (first person) some thoughts from smart Real Estate people that I know that reflect a concern about a housing bubble also...
    Last edited by bignc; 06-11-19 at 11:39. Reason: added links

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bignc View Post
    Since at least one financial industry partner has said recession is more likely, are you guys stepping up any preps? I am feeling REALLY tight right now- medical bills, kids with needs and low commissions in my industry in the summers. Just looking for thoughts and bumping one of my favorite threads on the internet...

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/morga...154631864.html

https://www.morganstanley.com/ideas/...bout-recession
    Not worried about a recession, but the flooding disaster in the midwest has made me somewhat concerned about food prices. I'm not in a panic, but it might be a good time to put aside some non-perishables in case some food prices skyrocket for a few months.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Great point. I'm rural here and have customers, friends and family in ag. They have been mentioning it for weeks- and it jives with what some articles out there are saying about food shortages or price increases or both... I have been slowly preparing and planting more things in containers around here and will probably step that up some. And I need to figure out how to buy a bit more staple food too- probably use many tips and tricks from this thread and others.

Feedback Score
    Take your time and prep, think long and hard about what are your legitimate needs and shortfalls. You can't eat a bar of silver. All the gear and ammo is of no help if you are ill and you need your meds. Always consider how you will handle that. For those that are seriously ill, depending on the severity of the event, if it goes past 90 days they will be done then, if not sooner. Never go broke trying to prep.

Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152