Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 10-8 M&P base pad installed w/ pics

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

10-8 M&P base pad installed w/ pics

I'm in law enforcement so every bit of an advantage helps out when it comes to equipment for survival.
    I realize that these M&P base pads are way overpriced compared to the others on the market but it helps me sleep at night and work at night knowing I have something robust and with cutouts to help facilitate mag removal in the event of a failure. I know in the gaming world these have no purpose.
    I also realize 99% of owners are fine with the plastic compact base pads.

With that said, I don't mind helping out another LEO on his business venture (Hilton Yam).

I have a can of Aluma-Hyde II coming in from Brownells. These seem very prone to scratching since it's pretty much bare aluminum. They also soak up oil like no other. They fit very snugly onto the mag body.

One thing I would like Yam to do is to invert the "10-8" on the base pads. On a holstered perspective, the 10-8 is upside down. It would be better advertising as well.

The upside down 10-8

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hmmm. Haven't seen those installed on anything in the wild yet. Thanks for the pics and the review.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Might be in future for my MP 45. And I would like to see them for my Kahr TP45.
    pro-patria.us

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I need to pick some of these up.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 021411 View Post
    I'm in law enforcement so every bit of an advantage helps out when it comes to equipment for survival.
    SIXTY NINE DOLLARS AND THIRTY CENTS for a four pack.

What exactly do these "do" that makes them an advantage over anything?

Have so many floorplates shattered that this is such a necessary and expensive product? Or is it more akin to a SURPRISE COCK FAG ejection port door on an AR?

I'm thinking the latter.
    Principles matter.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post

Have so many floorplates shattered that this is such a necessary and expensive product? Or is it more akin to a SURPRISE COCK FAG ejection port door on an AR?

I'm thinking the latter.
    the differences should be obvious. The metal withstands abuse better and can aid in mag ejection. Also the floorplate features a smaller profile, cuts to aid in mag extraction, and marking points for mag IDing.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Also I have had issues with the 9mm compact "popping baseplates" when ejected onto a hard surface during speed reloads. If these plates fixed this issue they would be worth it for me.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post

I'm thinking the latter.
    It's a write off for me anyway plus the city pretty much paid for it with my equipment allowance. I think people are too focused on the pricing. I've seen it brought up on more than one forum. Besides the smaller size, it has scallops cut out to facilitate in forceful removal if need be.

If it's not your cup of tea so be it.

Feedback Score
    Also, check out these pads doubled with the Boresight package:

The duck bill/pringle lip coupled with the reliefs cut into the pad should make removing any stuck mags from the weapon that much easier (not that I've heard of this being a problem with the M&P).

Is ~$20 worth it for one...Some say no, and I can understand that when the compact pads are what $2 shipped? But I'm sure to some it's a sense of security knowing they've got a metal base vs rubber which could/maybe/possibly crack/break...to each their own.
    It is not length of life, but depth of life. - Emerson
    My boy Ducks fav quote - RIP brother

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You guys should price billet car parts for comparison, and many of those are for appearance only.

Why is it helpful to ID the mags? (Sorry if that's too much of a newb question.)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast