Thread: Industry Expert?.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Industry Expert?.

Dumb question , But what exactly is an industry expert, what qualifies someone to be titled as such. After thinking about it and assuming I knew the answer, I realized I really don't have a clue what it means.

Dirk

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Are you referring to our Industry Professionals?

3) Industry Professional – This forum designates a very choice few members with the title of Industry Professional. These are individuals who have extensive first hand experience with the deployment of small arms, execution of proper tactics, or development of the past or current military weapons platforms. Generally speaking, they are well compensated for the information that they provide; and providing information on a free internet forum is a service to us all. Often in an internet forum other posters may not recognize the individual behind certain screen names or have checked their screen name bio. This title is a helpful tool for a viewer to identify such individuals. You are welcome to disagree with their opinion (debate is one of the best ways to fully understand and exchange information), but please take a moment to recognize where their experience and information comes from.
    http://m4carbine.net/faq.php?faq=vb_...q_new_faq_item

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Here you go.

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=1497

3) Industry Professional – This forum designates a very choice few members with the title of Industry Professional. These are individuals who have extensive first hand experience with the deployment of small arms, execution of proper tactics, or development of the past or current military weapons platforms. Generally speaking, they are well compensated for the information that they provide; and providing information on a free internet forum is a service to us all. Often in an internet forum other posters may not recognize the individual behind certain screen names or have checked their screen name bio. This title is a helpful tool for a viewer to identify such individuals. You are welcome to disagree with their opinion (debate is one of the best ways to fully understand and exchange information), but please take a moment to recognize where their experience and information comes from.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Williams View Post
    Dumb question , But what exactly is an industry expert, what qualifies someone to be titled as such. After thinking about it and assuming I knew the answer, I realized I really don't have a clue what it means.

Dirk
    Note that we have Industry Professionals and Subject Matter Experts on M4C. The titles mean different things.

To give you some idea of what it takes to be given SME status on M4C, look at the background of some of our well known SMEs like Larry Vickers and Kyle Defoor.

Our IP's and SME's are invaluable resources to the site.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Understood

My origional perception regarding the correct definition was fairly close. Thank you for the answers. Also thank you to the gents who are stepping up helping us other guys continue to learn.

Dirk