Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TacSol .22 LR AR 15 Upper

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rman43 View Post
    By the way, Black Dog has these on sale right now on their website for $20.
    I know. Just curious what they look like in the gun.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Beck 27 View Post
    I know. Just curious what they look like in the gun.
    Sorry - didn't get a chance to take the pics last night. I will do it tonight and get them posted tomorrow.

Feedback Score
    Here it is with the 15 round Black Dogs. (Actually this is my 5.56 gun, but they look identical)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rman43 View Post
    Here it is with the 15 round Black Dogs. (Actually this is my 5.56 gun, but they look identical)

Thanks for the pics. Exactly what I was looking for to see how long they were in the gun.

Feedback Score
    Took my 11 year old grandson to the range Sunday and let him shoot it. He had a ball! We put another 150 rounds of Federal Bulk through it without a problem. It's fired 550 trouble-free rounds now. It needs a good cleaning before I take it out again. I didn't get to shoot it much, but that's OK. My grandson sure had a lot of fun with it and shot it very well at 25 yards. Several guys at the range came over and bragged on his shooting. I think his head was a little bigger when we left!

Feedback Score
    I just added my 2 Cents to the pot for an Lt from all the reads I was convinced to go with spikes drop in but I got to looking harder the work on the tacsol bolt appears to be second to none i have seen pics of and read about so I figure if I'm going to drop $220 shipped only to gunk up my other 223 barrels might as well get a dedicated Tacsol seems hard to beat for the $479 shipped w Black Dog Mag?.

So I did, my question here is that I have a Beretta 21 a that i bought a couple thou rounds of CCI Velocitors for and my berreta hates it but it loves the Stingers. I was curious do you guys think the Velocitor would be a waiste in the Lt?

Feedback Score
    I picked up my new TacSol M4 for $400 at the last PDX gunshow w/ two Black Dog mags. While there I also looked at Spikes ($500) and Velocity ($375) uppers and picked the TacSol since it looked & felt the best quality. I have it mounted to a DPMS lower & it is a great setup.

Last edited by Iceberg; 01-16-10 at 06:02.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by the G Man ! View Post
    I just added my 2 Cents to the pot for an Lt from all the reads I was convinced to go with spikes drop in but I got to looking harder the work on the tacsol bolt appears to be second to none i have seen pics of and read about so I figure if I'm going to drop $220 shipped only to gunk up my other 223 barrels might as well get a dedicated Tacsol seems hard to beat for the $479 shipped w Black Dog Mag?.

So I did, my question here is that I have a Beretta 21 a that i bought a couple thou rounds of CCI Velocitors for and my berreta hates it but it loves the Stingers. I was curious do you guys think the Velocitor would be a waiste in the Lt?
    The recoil of the velocitors might be an issue, but I would just run a mag through it and see what it does... I believe TacSol will sell you a beefier spring to use with high velocity ammo.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by the G Man ! View Post
    My grandson likes shooting my TacSol M4 so much that I don't get much trigger time with it when we go to the range. A while back Spikes Tactical had complete lowers on sale for $249, and like a woman shopper I guess, I bought one just because it was a bargain. Gunkings had TacSol LT uppers on sale until 1/10/10 for $479 with free shipping. I ordered one to solve my problem of not getting to shoot the M4 much. For a total of $728 I'll have another complete .22 LR AR. The light weight version should be just what the doctor ordered for my grandson to shoot. I'm anxiously awaiting it's arrival. I can't answer your question on the Velociters - I've never tried them, but I would sure give them a whirl and see if they work for you. I've only shot Wally World Federal 550 Bulk, Federal 375 Target Auto and Winchester 333s. The 333s are the most accurate, but so far they don't function very well in my M4 - stove pipes and light primer strikes. The others are 100% reliable. I also have some CCI Standard Velocity and Mini Mags, but haven't tried them yet.
    Last edited by rman43; 01-13-10 at 13:59.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Beck 27 View Post
    Thanks for the pics. Exactly what I was looking for to see how long they were in the gun.
    Btw , what grip is that?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast