Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the surefire M-500A

Feedback Score

Thoughts on the surefire M-500A

Thats the one with the surefire light molded into the handguards and also a second light using LEDs @ $525.00
    Any information is greatly appreciated

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It works but at the price of average light output, average battery life, a good hunk of weight on the front of the weapon, and there are better mountings for a light than the 6 o'clock position.

You'd be better off getting a quality light and mount, like a Surefire Scout or Streamlight SuperTac and mounting it where it works best for you. Then figure out if you want to run a VFG or not as a separate issue.
    Kelly H
    Yes, I know. No, I won't tell you.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    He is asking about the M-500A not the M-900A.

If you plan on not mounting anything else on the front of your weapon, than it could be a good idea. But if you are thinking about any other accessories, than you are better off getting a rail and light combination. The M-600 Scout light is a good light and weights alot less than the M-500.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ugh.. Thats what I get for posting at 530am... Sorry...
    Kelly H
    Yes, I know. No, I won't tell you.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    the 500 limits how far forward you can place your support hand also

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info guys

Feedback Score
    I purchased a used M500 some months ago. I love the switching system with the lock-out and the ability to leave the light on or use a touch pad. The navigation lights are also an advantage.

The downside is that it does not deliver as much light as more recent, smaller designs. As mentioned, it may also limit whatever else you want on your rifle.

On the other hand, it did motivate me to take my Colt Sporter that had been a hanger queen since I got my RRA and add some better options to it.

Feedback Score
    Thanks guys I been looking at some of the pictures of the M500 The LED light on the left looks like it's going to be in the way of the strap mount on a colt M4.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I have one for sale for $300 if you want it. Excellent condition.
    Battle Comp Enterprises, LLC
    World Class Tactical Compensators
    California Legal Compensators
    100% American Made
    www.battlecomp.com
    sales@battlecomp.com
    (650) 678-0778

1 Samuel 17:49 / Romans 13: 1-4 / Isaiah 6:8 / Psalms 144:1 / Matthew 12:30

Feedback Score
    I have been running one for about 6 years now. The light is issued by my department and mounted on my department issued rifle. The best feature is the ability to turn it completely off while in your rifle case or in the rack. That way your batteries do not go dead from the light being turned on accidently. As has been said above, it is a good choice if you do not want or need a rail system.

As for brighter lights: I spoke with a surefire rep at the AAC Silencer shoot the other week and he said that they are working on an LED lamp for the system. I can not remember when he said it would be out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast