Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts on the surefire M-500A

Feedback Score
    We issue them on every officer’s M4. The reason we went with the M500 is because it fits into the Big Sky rifle rack. For our rifle program we used a systems approach. Everything had to integrate with each other. We wanted the Big Sky racks because of the quality and the fact that they appeared to be the most secure. Our Boss had a big issue about rifles getting stolen out of the cars and we did not want a bunch of exposed wires to get snagged. This left us with one choice, the M500.

We use Troy single point slings so there is no issue with the sling interfering with the light. I did remove all of the side sling mounts because they interfered with the nav lights.
    At my old department we used the M500 on our SWAT M4’s with Sling Systems slings. They did not interfere either as they attach to the front sigh base not the side sling mount.

We like out lights very much as they are very user friendly. On my personal rifle I run a M600 because I run a rail for other kit. The M500 will limit you in some ways but it is well made and very reliable in my experience.

Last edited by Luckystiff; 10-05-09 at 17:03. Reason: Add pic

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12