Sorry for the late update. This has been the week from hell. Yeah its been one week. One week and 2 1/2 hours. He seems to be doing better, but I can tell that something is brewing under the surface. We have another appointment with the counselor and I will ask for a referral to a counselor that specializes in PTSD. In the mean time we just had a estrogen free weekend (wife and daughters camping with the GS) and had a great time.

As for awards for my son....After I told the Scouts apparently news travels fast and a local paper called wanting to interview me about my son. So I agreed. I told them a cleaned up version of my OP, taking pains to mention everyone involved, making sure that they knew how proud of my son I was.

Next thing I know the article makes things out like I was superman and was there alone. What was published was a distortion of what I said. There was hardly any mention of anyone else at the scene, and there were plenty of folks there. I was livid. I dont deal well with accolades. I hated award ceremonies in the Army and I hated public recognition in the civilian world. Thats just me.

So I called the paper and let them know what I thought. Yeah they had good intentions from their perspective, and the 1st and 2nd editors changed things around, deleting this and that, but it just doesn't feel right and is eating at me.

Now the council has approached me to fill out all sorts of paperwork for my son and for me! I can help with the paperwork for my son but cant bring my self to do my paperwork.

Do I regret getting involved? No. I'd do it again in a New York Minute. Im just not happy with the aftermath.

Thanks for letting me vent.