Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3373818283

Thread: 4th Generation Glock

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    The hate mail is directly related to your tone and the way you make your opinions known, Grant. Either you can stick your head in the sand and pretend no one else here knows what you do, that we're all just married to our gear, and that all of the hate mail is regarding us not admitting those two facts or maybe you can realize that that you could check your attitude a bit. The very fact that you told us not to bother contacting the staff means that this is a dictatorship, you're not going to listen to anybody but Grant, and that you don't give a damn what us poor peons think. Even if one of the guys disagreeing with you IS from a Tier One unit, OWNS 2 Gen Glock17s, and is saying the thing same I am (amongst many others).

Dude, there's a problem here.

Feedback Score
    As i have said ad nauseum I have two and neither have had issues with a pretty fair number of rounds though them. So thats my data point. Doesn't mean i disbelieve others who do have issues. But there are people posting here who say it should be an issue because it makes sense to them rather than personal experience from their own shooting or observing others. Those comments are not useful IMHO. I'm not exactly a "can't we all just get along kind of guy" but we have all been around long enough to know its way too early to make any sweeping generalizations, good or bad, about the G4 Glocks. But I like mine.
    Last edited by HK45; 04-29-10 at 12:21.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    The hate mail is directly related to your tone and the way you make your opinions known, Grant.
    Tone. Right. I once told LAV that he is not "user friendly" and scares new shooters with his aggressive "tone." His response was "who the F*CK cares." Not me.

Either you can stick your head in the sand and pretend no one else here knows what you do, that we're all just married to our gear, and that all of the hate mail is regarding us not admitting those two facts or maybe you can realize that that you could check your attitude a bit.
    Again the attitude is what you read into it. I don't hate Glock's, Glock owners or any weapon for that matter. I do prefer certain ones, but that is about all.
    As I pointed out, if I started a thread about all the issues and complaints with Glock's, there would be people upset for months on end. Not so when we discuss the M&P's. I gurantee that not a single mod or staff receives any hatemail concerning that thread. Odd.

The very fact that you told us not to bother contacting the staff means that this is a dictatorship, you're not going to listen to anybody but Grant, and that you don't give a damn what us poor peons think. Even if one of the guys disagreeing with you IS from a Tier One unit, OWNS 2 Gen Glock17s, and is saying the thing same I am (amongst many others).

Dude, there's a problem here.
    Again, assumptions are a bad idea. You can contact anyone you like. My point is that if you have a problem with something I have said, don't act like a little school girl. Grow a set and send ME the PM or e-mail! The mods and staff have WAAAAAYYY more important things to do than to worry about my "tone" in a handgun thread.

I have not seen any Tier 1 person state anything that I disagree with (sorry). Please point it out to me.

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 04-29-10 at 12:21.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HK45 View Post
    As i have said ad nauseum I have two and neither have had issues with a pretty fair number of rounds though them. So thats my data point. Doesn't mean i disbelieve others who do have issues. But there are people posting here who say it should be an issue because it makes sense to them rather than personal experience from their own shooting or observing others. Those comments are not useful IMHO. I'm not exactly a "can't we all just get along kind of guy" but we have all been around long enough to know its way too early to make any sweeping generalizations, good or bad, about the G4 Glocks. But I like mine.
    I really cannot think of anyone that has done what you have said. Are you perhaps reading into what they are saying???

The only thing I can think of is when Vickers stated that the GEN 4 Glocks will most likely have more of a limp wristing issue than the GEN 3's have. Due to the heavier recoil spring, this seems VERY plausible. Couple that with reports of shooters experiencing it on this forum and other forum it is kind of easy to say that it is possible.

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 04-29-10 at 12:26.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    The Glock factory trigger owns the M&P trigger all day long. Why S&W CHOSE to do their trigger the way they did, no one knows.

Luckily for us now, APEX Tactical has come along and given us a GREAT trigger for the M&P.

C4

They are the main reason why I'm trying this platform out solely for a year

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    That's up to that person to decide whether or not he wants to talk about his service history on here. I can assure your his service record will walk the walk.

Your comment telling the members of the forum not to bother contacting the mods and staff has disappeared but I can pull up a copy, I think. The point in contacting your staff over you is professionally enact a means of correction by peers. I'm getting the feeling that if I or the many others that are tired of your smug attitude PMed, we'd be told "You're not an industry insider, you are married to your weapons, and I just tell it like it is."

So, you're being a jerk. You're making blanket accusations about those that don't like your attitude such "being married to your weapon" and for a long while, all you did was repeat assumptions from others in a very smug, "I know more than I can tell you" tone. Larry is aggressive. You're smug.

I hope that wasn't delivered in a schoolgirl tone.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by G34Shooter View Post
    They are the main reason why I'm trying this platform out solely for a year
    They (APEX) have gotten a lot of people to take another look at the M&P.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    That's up to that person to decide whether or not he wants to talk about his service history on here. I can assure your his service record will walk the walk.
    Sure. Their is a SME program on here though, and he should notify Staff of his background.

Your comment telling the members of the forum not to bother contacting the mods and staff has disappeared but I can pull up a copy, I think. The point in contacting your staff over you is professionally enact a means of correction by peers. I'm getting the feeling that if I or the many others that are tired of your smug attitude PMed, we'd be told "You're not an industry insider, you are married to your weapons, and I just tell it like it is."
    Well, you are right, whining to the mods and staff about me most likely isn't going to get you anywhere. You taking the time and stating to me that you feel I am being rude to Glock owners and ask me what I base my opinions on, would not result in me telling you to go away. I am all for a good technical discussion on guns and gear.

You are correct though. I work in this industry (tactical/defensive guns). Its kind of like telling a pilot that you know as much as they do about flying a plane because you ride in one. I don't tell Vickers how to shoot, tactics or anyting regarding that stuff. So we all have people that know more about stuff than we do.

So, you're being a jerk. You're making blanket accusations about those that don't like your attitude such "being married to your weapon" and for a long while, all you did was repeat assumptions from others in a very smug, "I know more than I can tell you" tone. Larry is aggressive. You're smug.

I hope that wasn't delivered in a schoolgirl tone.

Jerk. I can live with that. Been called much worse.

People usually never take offense to statements that aren't true.

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 04-30-10 at 21:12.

Feedback Score
    The Glock's propensity for limp wristing stoppages dates back a long long way and it's been generally accepted as part of the package I thought. Others gun designs share this to one extent or another.
    That limp wristing might be somewhat more prevalent with the new recoil spring set up is not on it's face an unreasonable hypothesis but it's not clear that the reports of such on this thread might have occurred with a gen 3 either (or also). This will all be worked out over time.

Now that I've finished my 2K on the Pro 9 I'm going to concentrate on getting my G4 G17 finished and I'll experiment with some weak grips or too low grips a little and see what I see. It won't prove much as we always say how one gun is just a sample of one. But it will be a data point of interest to me.

I'm not married to Glocks. I've just found G19s and G17s to do everything I want a defensive pistol to do FOR ME better than the 1911s, BHPs, P7s, S&W steel pistols, Berettas, Sigs, and a lot of revolvers while shooting them and carrying them concealed since 1981. I think I'm in pretty decent company in that respect too. OTOH, I'm not planning to change my choices each time I confirm that a HSLD military unit has changed theirs.

(BTW, I'm intrigued by the MP, but the Pro9 is prob not the best example to compare yet so my verdict is out on that one)
    But now it's on to enjoying being an early adopter of the G4 G17.
    So far so good. But we shall see.
    Last edited by JHC; 04-30-10 at 14:34.
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3373818283