Page 2 of 83 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: 4th Generation Glock

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    My theory is that they are just doing it to get me to buy a .40 S&W caliber pistol.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc View Post
    Hey MAP, one more quick question; what about the slide release (lock), was that any different or still the same?

I can hardly wait to flop down my cash for one!
    I think it's the same.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Bummer, I was hoping for ambidextrous slide release and mag release.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Thumbs up

Thanks for the info! I am really looking forward to seeing some pics and checking it out when they become available.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Interesting. It might be time to buy a Glock again.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    How much in your opinion can the smaller backstraps decrease the size of the grip?

I ask because I have been trying desperately to get my wife to switch from a DA/SA Walther P99 to a G19, but they are just too big for her hands.

I would love to be able to pull off commonality of parts, mag, holsters, etc. for our concealed carry rigs.

If I can get it to fit I will buy two 19's as soon as they become available.

Feedback Score
    GRRRR. PICS!!!
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I'm liking the sound of this. I've been wanting a G22 again.

Feedback Score
    A friend handled one of the new 4th Gen guns at the recent AUSA show. He sent me this report:

Big sign that said Glock 4th Generation coming in 2010. I asked the production manager about this and he was quite open about it. It's a slightly less aggressive RTF. It will have three swappable grip backstraps that hinge in from the base where the lanyard hole is and that is held in at the pin in the backstrap. He said the current plan is to provide two pins for the different width backstraps. He also said it will have a user swappable magazine release along with an ambidextrous option. Basically, you could swap the sides of the mag release, so they'll probably be making use of the gap/block in the front of the mags. They will "bring back" the normal slide serrations for the 4th gen, and only the RTF2 frames will have the partly circular scallop type of serrations.

I asked him about why they still haven't put the G36 slide on a G30SF frame, and he said they've "heard about it" but that was about all they'd commit to.

He said the RTF2 GLOCK 19s and 23s will be shipping this month for LEO contracts and should be in stores by/in November.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Thanks for the info; I'm personally looking forward to this.

Page 2 of 83 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast