Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gruntinhusaybah View Post
    Thanks for the answers, I'm pretty sold on this setup now
    Can you give me the specs on your rifle? Specifically bbl and rail length

Congratulations btw
    It's a 14.5" M4 Profile bbl with a LaRue 13.2" Rail.
    On it, I've got the following:
    Troy Front and Rear Flip Up Sights
    Aimpoint M4s in LaRue mount
    Magpul XTM Panels
    Surefire 6p LED in LaRue offset mount
    LaRue FUG vfg
    BFG Redi-Mod
    Magpul Battery Assist Device
    Magpul MIAD grip
    Magpul UBR Stock with Enhanced Buttpad

All given a coat of Rustoleum Camo spray paint.

Since this is a gear thread, here's the pics of my previous Chest Rig and Eagle Duty belt setup, which was replaced by my current belt mounted rig.

Here is my chest rig, which is a Diamondback Tactical RACK system. It's very compact, but the mags are a bit tight, hence the Eagle FB pouch for a speed reload. Some might wonder why the pistol mags are on the right, and that's for a good reason, as I'm only going to reload my pistol when my primary is down, and it lays towards the center of my chest, I keep the mags on right for easier access. And of course, an Emdom mini-medic pouch is for GP storage. This rig worked quite well for a long time, until I finally got some sense and decided 6 mags was a bit much for the range and I needed to keep my reloads and secondary on the same line.

This is the belt rig to accompany the chest rig above, and it also worked well. I used an eagle SAS dump pouch mounted on my thigh for retaining mags, and my trusty 6004 is seen in its pre-Krylon glory. I'd still be using the SAS pouch mounted on my belt if it weren't for the fact I'm only managing 4 mags now instead of 9. A good belt to be sure, just that my requirements and attitudes towards what I wanted out of my gear happened to change.
    Last edited by BushmasterFanBoy; 10-15-09 at 17:30.
    Aimpoint M4S- Because your next Aimpoint battery hasn't been made yet.