Page 118 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1291

Thread: Gear loadout pics and descriptions

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    How do you have your holster attached to the belt?
    Sorry for the late response. Been a little busy with a new born lol. The holster is mounted via a SERPA Quick Disconnect Kit, and S.T.R.I.K.E. Platform system. Not a fan of Black hawk holsters but i figured id give this one a try. Found both kits at a army navy store new for like 5 bucks for each kit after buying the base holster. Broke out the epoxy and cut up a old multicam uniform i had and covered the holster. Have to stay I am liking it. Changed out a few things up as well on the plate carrier after making a radio pouch that runs my radio on inside left and just some hydration tube routing from old material i had laying around. Did end up going with First spear tube system as well.
    Untitled by Les b, on Flickr
    Untitled by Les b, on Flickr
    DEATH SMILES AT US ALL, ALL WE CAN DO IS SMILE BACK

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Volund micro battle belt V2 w/ cobra buckle - Atlas G-hook liner belt not shown in picture
    left to right - (bottom to top of belt in pic)
    Safariland low-ride UBL w/ SL 7377 ALS holster for G19 (LH)
    -G19 RTF2 LV Gray
    Dark Angel IFAK LE/FR level with added israeli bandage
    Esstac 1+2 Kywi shorty GAP
    -2 G19 mags and 1 Pmag

One successful shooting weekend made so far. All seems to ride pretty comfortably. I may take the IFAK off and strap it to a backpack and increase the esstac to a 2+2 or just add a kywi shorty single 30rd mag pouch.

The midway pistol mag pouches seen are not part of the belt system. They just happen to be hung on my safe door where I hang my belt.

I think I want to purchase a spare cobra buckle and mount one end in the roof of the safe so I can just clip my belt buckle into it for hanging. That way I won't be wearing out the loop velcro on the safe door.

Sorry for small pic, I have lost my ways of posting normal sized pics.

F8735B59-D562-4736-B5B6-8194B2688EBE_zpsub2obyqb.jpg

I have a cheap vest, not pictured, but it's pretty torn up. And a black wendy brain bucket, that has also seen better days.

Looking into a chect rig next, possibly a plate carrier and plate as well.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    Related questions for folks here... what, if any, bags are you using to transport carriers and belt rigs?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Gear loadout pics and descriptions

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Oh View Post
    Related questions for folks here... what, if any, bags are you using to transport carriers and belt rigs?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/123994439546

Best 60$ you’ll ever spend. Just search for one in good working order. I think I paid 80 for mine with shipping in very good condition. No broken wheels or anything.

You can pack in a belt, helmet, PC, and SBR or broken down rifle no problem with enough extra to keep a small insurrection going.

Also a buddy of mine has a couple of the vertx duffels that are pretty nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jpmuscle; 09-05-20 at 08:52.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

This "load out" is a combination of a lot of the gear I regularly use to shoot matches, supplemented with some 'cool stuff'. I normally won't shoot a match in a plate carrier with plates unless the match specifically has a class for it. The backpack is my normal range bag. I could put on this kit fairly quickly if I ever had to minuteman it up, and I would remain very agile. Light weight gear is a necessity for me since my back injury.

Ferro concepts slikster with basic cummerbund. I actually like the cummerbund a lot and the plate carrier not so much. For an all in price of $150 I can't complain too much, but there are a ton of little features I wish it had. No worries I'll just keep notes. I made my kangaroo pouch myself. I felt like their asking price was insane. With my kangaroo pouch holding 3 mags, the slikster cummerbund can easily hold 2 Israeli bandages and my baofeng. It can even accommodate 2 more AR mags making 5 total mags on the PC. Im running the UHMPE plates from botach. They weigh 3.5 pounds each and change how wearing armor feels. They won't stop M855, but everything else will be stopped. Im thinking about making a ceramic additional plate to add at least to the front one; that ICW will make it LVL 4.

The belt is my EDC belt. I forgot the brand but have been wearing it for more than 2 years. Safariland ALS holster for my Glock 19. Behind the holster I have a TQ pouch I also rolled myself. This holster with the mag pouches is how I shoot steel matches. The AR mag holder is also safari land. I use this mag holder when I shoot black rifle matches. Very fast mag changes. The pants are Kuhl Radikal. Really awesome pants that I wear at matches or just everyday. They don't look super tactical, but they are light weight, pretty durable, and have nice stretch panels. Way nicer to wear than jeans in the heat of the desert.

The carbine is my PSA franken gun. Just got the BRT medium profile 16" barrel. Like it a lot after initial testing. Should be able to handle the heat of multiple stages better than the pencil profile I had before. Love the Steiner P4Xi. Really a great optic. G trigger and ALG rail. Solid as a rock. BCM stock and grip. Magpul mlok rail covers and VFG.

For those that went to public school:

16" carbine with Steiner P4xi LPVO. Good for 0-600 yards with 77gr.
    5-7 AR mags
    Glock 19 (counts as a BUIS for the AR) +2 mags
    2 plates
    2 israeli Bandages
    1 VHF/UHF HT
    1 CAT3 TQ
    Last edited by turnburglar; 09-23-20 at 02:03.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post

Best 60$ you’ll ever spend. Just search for one in good working order. I think I paid 80 for mine with shipping in very good condition. No broken wheels or anything.
    This. I keep my call out gear, aid bag, and misc range supplies in one. Love it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyt16 View Post
    Primary: Daniel Defense M4V7 SLW (Aimpont Pro, Surefire M600, CMC 5.5lb trigger)

Secondary: Glock 17 (older RTF version, Haley Strategic Skimmer trigger)

Gear: HSGI battle belt, Direct Action Dust pack.

In the pack I have a first-aid kit, water bladder, extra ammo, a little bit of food, rain poncho, a few survival items and that's about it. I suppose you could call this my quick reaction bag or "Minuteman" gear if you will. Should I ever actually need this stuff I want to be as light and fast, mobile and agile as possible. I have also forgone the option of a plate carrier/armor and fully accept the ramifications of that decision. And yes, I do train with this gear. Very often.

Just some food for thought....it was written by Randy Barnett and I remember reading it shortly after 9/11. I printed it out back then and its been hanging on my corkboard ever since. Still very much reverberates today -- especially after the recent Texas church tragedy. Well worth a read...

Flight 93 Saved by the Militia: Arming an Army Against Terrorism

By Randy E. Barnett

The next time someone tells you that the militia referred to in the Second Amendment has been "superceded” by the National Guard, ask them who prevented United Airlines Flight 93 from crashing into the White House or Capitol. The National Guard? The regular Army? The D.C. Police Department? None of these had a presence on Flight 93. Terrorists and criminals are well aware that they cannot be everywhere — indeed, they count on it. But the people the Founders referred to as the "general militia" is everywhere. Cell-phone calls from the plane revealed that it was members of the general militia, not law enforcement, who successfully prevented Flight 93 from reaching its target.

The characterization of these heroes as members of the militia is not just the opinion of one law professor. It is clearly stated in Federal statutes: According to Section 311 of US Code Title 10, entitled, "Militia: composition and classes

“(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States.

"(b) The classes of the militia are —
    (1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
    (2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia."

This is not to score political points at a moment of great tragedy. Rather, we must acknowledge that it was militia members who stopped the terrorists' attack at the cost of their lives.

Here is the cold hard fact of the matter: Whether on an airplane, subway, cruise ship, or in school oftentimes only the "unorganized militia" will be available when domestic or foreign terrorists chose their next moment of murder.

Yet if the general militia is now "unorganized" and neutered — if it is not well-regulated — whose fault is it? Article I of the Constitution gives Congress full power "to provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining the Militia." The Second Amendment was included in the Bill of Rights in large part because the Founders feared that Congress would neglect the militia (as it has) and, Congress could not be forced by any constitutional provision to preserve the militia. Therefore the only practical means to ensure its continuance was to protect the right of individual militia members to keep and bear their own private arms. Nonetheless, it is Congress’ responsibility to see to it that the general militia is "well-regulated."

A well-regulated militia does not require a draft or any compulsory training. Nor, as Alexander Hamilton recognized, need training be universal. "To attempt such a thing which would abridge the mass of labor and industry to so considerable extent, would be unwise," he wrote in Federalist 29, "and the experiment, if made, could not succeed, because it would not long be endured." But Congress has the constitutional power to create training programs in effective self-defense including training in small arms — marksmanship, tactics, and gun safety — for any American citizen who volunteers. Any guess how many millions would take weapons training at government expense or even for a modest fee?

All these new airline "security" proposals will merely inconvenience millions of citizens. A way around them will always be open to determined mass murderers. Any realistic response to what is likely to happen in the future must acknowledge that calling 911 will not prevent mass murder. Nor will training our youth to be helpless in the face of an attack, avoiding violence at all costs.

Rather than consider self-defense training, powerful groups will continue to advocate passivity and disarmament. They will shift our focus to restrictions on American liberties. In fact, House Minority Leader Dick Gephart says now is the time to consider adopting a national identity “smart” card.

Rather than make war on liberties of the American people Congress should be looking for ways to empower them to protect themselves. The Founders knew that the individual right to keep and bear arms was the principal means of preserving a militia that was "essential" for personal and collective self-defense against criminals foreign and domestic.

The events of September 11, 2001 have shown that the militia is far from obsolete in a world where war is waged by terrorist cells as well as states. It is long past time we heeded the words of the Founders and end the systematic effort to disarm Americans. Now is the time to consider what it would take in practical terms to well-regulate the now-unorganized militia, so no criminal will feel secure when confronting one or more militia members.

-Randy E. Barnett is a law professor at Boston University

Defend America!
    I love that statement. It’s as true today as it was when it was written. We’re seeing right now of WHY their is the second amendment.

Feedback Score

You can pack in a belt, helmet, PC, and SBR or broken down rifle no problem with enough extra to keep a small insurrection going.

Also a buddy of mine has a couple of the vertx duffels that are pretty nice.

My company guys having been using this bag for their overseas trips. I have one that's close to 6 years old and has made 9 trips trough the Middle East with 80lbs of army issued battle rattle. I keep my personal items in an Ogio 9800 that's was a motocross bag when I was in my 20'a, RC Car hauler bag after that and now a gear hauler and backup gun bag. Can't say enough good from the 9800, and it's a bit less conspicuous being its a black Moto bag

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Ever replace a wheel on one of those things?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Ever replace a wheel on one of those things?
    I personally have not but I haven’t looked at it close enough to see what’s all entailed either

Page 118 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast