Thread: Gear loadout pics and descriptions

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My current belt line
    First spear AGB
    Esstac
    BFG mini ifak
    Phantom gear roly poly
    Safariland for my Roland Special and any Glock I own.

I'm going to do basically the same thing for my woodland kit but I think I will try esstac's belt because I can get it in woodland.

For the chest rig it's an hsgi AO
    Shellback dangler(shit)
    Esstac triple
    BFG tq holder
    Hsgi ifak pouch for a radio

I really want to swap out the dangler because it's really bad and freaking huge and I'm just using for an ifak pouch.

Overall I despise everything hsgi and will at some point sell it all away at a loss.

BFG and their "elastic" I don't trust at all so it will never be on my go to gear setups at this point.

I hate my mayflower APC so much so that I contacted a company to build me a carrier and a chest rig.

At this point that carrier is holding my hesco lvl4 plates fo easier moving around if I need to get in my bag.

Last edited by Sidneyious; 05-25-23 at 19:44.

Feedback Score
    I like it, I've been wanting an Esstac triple pistol magazine pouch for a while. Whats the problem with the shellback dangler? I have a couple of Beez danglers and I like them, might be worth a look.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CRJ3723 View Post
    Thank you, I'd like to see that eagle rig.
    [IMG]2023-05-25_10-54-00 by Hank Henry, on Flickr[/IMG]

The following is what I want to eventually bring to a One Shepherd semester, but fills in for a long term sustainment patrol, or can fill in for a scout or Wait For It... REECE patrol.

-OD Eagle Industries H harness
    -on the back is a Eagle 3L hydration pouch (holds Camelbak 3L pouch, signal panel)
    From Left to right pouches
    -Beez 1 fastmag pouch
    -Beez double mag pouch (can also carry smoke)
    -Spiritus Mutant Pouch (holds Beofang radio, PVS14, neck gaiter/ camo veil, lens cleaning, signal kit)
    -North American Mini IFAK
    -Rothco Buttpack(cold weather beanie, fleece, extra socks, rifle cleaning kit, fire kit, pocket stove,550 cord, 1 chow, sawyer filter, more baby wipes, booboo kit)
    -Unknown Canteen pouch (canteen and canteen cup, purification tablets, EmergenC vitamin C pouches)
    -Redrocks Large Gp Pouch (Batteries, write in rain, map pens, compass, map gear, Leatherman, headlamp, caffeine gum, power bars, baby wipes, camo face paint)
    -knife (Gerber Prodigy for now)
    -T3 double mag pouch (can fit 4 AR mags)
    Note: Need to ad more tourniquets, maybe outside Leatherman pouch on GP pouch, I would have a pair of Mechanix or Pig gloves on me, plus ranger beads on the kit

Pack is a Eberlestock F65 Little Big top (discontinued)
    -Sleeping System(Woobie, bivy cover, sleeping bag)
    -Gortex Top, Extra coldweather gear (long johns, gloves)
    -Extra Camies (top and pants, tshirt and Socks socks socks)
    -USMC willy peter bag
    - Hygiene kit
    -3 Chows
    -3L of Water
    -E Tool
    -foldable brush Saw
    -Poncho
    -Camo tarp
    -Extra 550 cord, tie downs, tent stakes
    - Pack rain cover

Rifle, Upper is DDM4V7 14.5 on ADM lower with PA red dot, and Inforce 800 light

Boots are Bates USMC hot weather

Shout out to Everyday Marksman, Brent0331 and Adam from Spiritus who basically thought out the needs and necessities and nice to haves
    Last edited by Hank6046; 09-28-23 at 15:58. Reason: Clarification
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    That is definitely a fighting set up, the folding saw especially can come in handy. I'm surprised you were able to find so much in ODG. I've helped a few friends who were beginners set up gear very close to what you have, but more surplus gear and in coyote instead of ODG. It's tough to beat a classic harness or belt and suspenders kit. I started out using M1956 gear with ALICE M16 magazine pouches and a ALICE Large pack. Functionally that set was very similar to what you're running. For unarmored, dismounted operations, some things never go out of style, I still use the ALICE large pack.

I agree that you can never have too many torniquets, but I was a medic so I like to carry as much of that sort of stuff as I can. Don't over look your cargo pockets, in Iraq I always had kerlix, Israelis, and CAT's in my pockets. I will sometimes when space allows run bilateral IFAKs, I've gotten laughed at, but who cares.

Feedback Score
    That is definitely a fighting set up, the folding saw especially can come in handy. I'm surprised you were able to find so much in ODG. I've helped a few friends who were beginners set up gear very close to what you have, but more surplus gear and in coyote instead of ODG. It's tough to beat a classic harness or belt and suspenders kit. I started out using M1956 gear with ALICE M16 magazine pouches and a ALICE Large pack. Functionally that set was very similar to what you're running. For unarmored, dismounted operations, some things never go out of style, I still use the ALICE large pack.

I agree that you can never have too many torniquets, but I was a medic so I like to carry as much of that sort of stuff as I can. Don't over look your cargo pockets, in Iraq I always had kerlix, Israelis, and CAT's in my pockets. I will sometimes when space allows run bilateral IFAKs, I've gotten laughed at, but who cares.
    The OD aspect wasn't super hard to find, I originally was going to go with a Tactical Tailor Rudder RAC, but they seemed to only have Multicam Tropic or Coyote, and have now discontinued them. The Eagle in OD was all over EBay when I started looking a few years ago, the pouches were either super cheap but functional or expensive but multipurpose. The oldschool alice gear still works, but I'm the first to admit that there is much better out there for not much more money, you can get a used Army mainpack or USMC pack for around $80 to $120 more for a really decent setup and that doesn't even include some aftermarket and foreign made gear/ packs that you can get at really good prices.

As a civilian I realize that I'm not going to be trying to get into a gun fight, I don't have the logistics or support to continue sustained operations for very long which means that a Salute Report is incredibly important, and the ability to "get out in front of a threat is very important". I am have also been certified in EMS in Minnesota and have Advanced First Aid, Causality Care Certification in Wisconsin. This setup was setup mainly for training, but I'll probably need to figure out a way to carry more medical on this kit in the future for actual use.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like it, I've been wanting an Esstac triple pistol magazine pouch for a while. Whats the problem with the shellback dangler? I have a couple of Beez danglers and I like them, might be worth a look.
    It's overly large for a stop the bleed kits.

The laser cut is all but useless

It has 3 pockets, one on the backside, the only way to access is to make everything in it fall out because you have to flip it up to even get to the zipper.

Just to say how big this thing is it's almost as large as the chest rig panel itself.

Feedback Score
    Have any of you tried the Javlin AJAC plate carrier?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjBui1qQYt0

Feedback Score
    I've dubbed this one the "Junkyard Rig"

Basically, through all of my experimentation I've ended up with enough spare pouches and stuff that I could put together an entire new setup. It's not built with any particular use in mine other than general load carriage for training or civil defense kind of work. Coincidentally, though, it also ends up being the best suited rig for running a large frame AR. This is fairly slapped together, so I haven't cleaned up the strap tails or balanced everything- but it gets the point across.

• VTAC Battle Belt
    • 2 x MVT Small GP Pouches
    • 2 x TT Universal Mag Pouches
    • 1 x BAE Eclipse Double Mag Pouch
    • 1 x ATS Slimline IFAK
    • 4 x TT Canteen/Utility Pouch
    • TT Fight Light Suspenders

The BAE pouch can be used for 5.56 mags, but I've also been using double mag pouches like this for lots of things- like a radio in this case. The 4 TT Canteen/Utility pouches along the back were a bit inspired by British kit styles, and I like it. However, the suspender attachment points on the rear of the belt are a little too close together for my liking, so there's a definite upward pull in the middle of the back and a bit of sagging on the sides.

As configured, this can support either 8+1 5.56 magazines or 4+1 7.62 magazines. I would probably trend towards the latter because I'm not a huge fan of triple mag pouches due to bulk.

"Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    ^
    ^
    ^

My very first impression was that it resembled 1990s pattern British field rigs. That comparison breaks down when you look at the details, but that was my first thought. All you have to do is roll around in some motor oil, then roll in the local dirt and you are on your way to a SAS-style outfit. Well, kinda.

How are you liking the TA110?
    'That whole effort was held together by sweat, shame, and a tiny bit of pride.' -- Son of Commander Paisley

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Amicus View Post
    ^
    ^
    ^

My very first impression was that it resembled 1990s pattern British field rigs. That comparison breaks down when you look at the details, but that was my first thought. All you have to do is roll around in some motor oil, then roll in the local dirt and you are on your way to a SAS-style outfit. Well, kinda.

How are you liking the TA110?
    I like British kit a lot, TBH. It's influential on me, but nothing I have really competes (except for maybe the Velsys Jungle kit).

I really like the TA110. It's a little heavy, but so damn functional. My only regret is that I got it with the horseshoe dot reticle, and in hindsight I think I would have preferred the crosshair.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Page 129 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131 LastLast