Thread: Has anyone actually used the Vertx/Unity Tactical Clutch belt?

Feedback Score

Has anyone actually used the Vertx/Unity Tactical Clutch belt?

Has anyone actually used one for concealed carry or a low vis "battle" belt? I'd want to carry at least a full or compact sized 2011, 2+1 mags, knife, at the minimum through some training/classes. I've seen and read the reviews, they all say it can do this and that, but has this become a staple in anyone's rotation? Why or why not. Thank you in advance.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by heyyouduh View Post
    Has anyone actually used one for concealed carry or a low vis "battle" belt? I'd want to carry at least a full or compact sized 2011, 2+1 mags, knife, at the minimum through some training/classes. I've seen and read the reviews, they all say it can do this and that, but has this become a staple in anyone's rotation? Why or why not. Thank you in advance.
    I have not used this, I ended up going to a fanny pack in the woods with the dog as that's where I mainly need to carry more then my daily edc layout, however I can see this being a nice asset for some, but a niche application for the most part. If you get one, please let me know how it goes
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    I have not used this, I ended up going to a fanny pack in the woods with the dog as that's where I mainly need to carry more then my daily edc layout, however I can see this being a nice asset for some, but a niche application for the most part. If you get one, please let me know how it goes
    I actually found a pretty long thread on pistol forum with good reviews. I havent pulled the trigger yet because as you said it's a pretty niche application.

Feedback Score
    I have used one for quite a while now. I started using it during the pandemic because I was still working at a site away from my home and near daily protests, riots and what have you. When I left work, I would put on the Clutch and throw an over sized cheap hoodie.

In my Clutch I carried a Glock 19, 3 Glock 24 round magazines, a couple protein bars, a small IFAK, and a small pair of binos. I could also shove a couple of water bottles in the back pockets but this was going a bit overboard. I wore this five days a week for about a year. It was not the best set up and in my opinion, no substitute for a good belt set up. However it did hold a lot of stuff in reasonable comfort. With the hoodie, it 100% concealed the entire load. It is a bit difficult to draw from and requires practice to become proficient.

I feel it made me look less of a target than using a backpack and was easier to gain access to my items.

Thankfully I never needed to use it.

Since then I have not used it much. I load it up for road trips but find it too much for EDC.

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by ECVMatt; 04-15-24 at 00:14.