Page 131 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131
Results 1,301 to 1,303 of 1303

Thread: Gear loadout pics and descriptions

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for the review, I like the camo and I think it works well in your AO. I really dig the SCAR Hvy as well. BTW on the sizing for the shirt, I'm a 2XL depending on the company? Did you feel the shirt was "over sized" as well?
    Cheers

Certified Colt, Glock, REM, Tikka, SIG & S&W Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mildot View Post
    Thanks for the review, I like the camo and I think it works well in your AO. I really dig the SCAR Hvy as well. BTW on the sizing for the shirt, I'm a 2XL depending on the company? Did you feel the shirt was "over sized" as well?
    Cheers
    Slightly, but not to the same extent. I wear size L t-shirts, and size M BDU/ACU tops. I went with a M combat shirt, and it fits fine, though I do like tighter fit on Combat shirts vs t-shirts.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post

As for the gear (ya know, the point of this entire thread), the kit mostly worked as intended. Few points:

The Good
    The plate carrier was as comfy as possible, and played well with the battle belt. I had no issues getting to anything on the kit, or moving around in it. I liked having the option of putting my field top in the AVS zip-on pack when I put on the combat shirt, so that concept seems sound. One thing that I was worried about was the relatively small and thin Tight Chutes sling replacing my V-Tac slings. It worked fine, though I do miss the ability of the V-Tac to be over tightened.

The Bad
    The ACH and my Walker's didn't play well together. I really couldn't stand how tightly compressed my head felt trying to wear both of them. This seems especially odd since I've worn both together before around the house, but no matter what I tried, nothing seemed to make it work. Definitely something to work on, and maybe even consider a high cut helmet. I'm resistant to those, because I don't want to give up the extra side pieces, but may have to consider it. The other issue I ran into was using the zip on pack to hold a CamelBak. It was advertised as holding one, but it would not fit for anything. I'm going to have to figure that issue out, or I'll have to abandon the zip-on panel, or go without a hydration bladder.
    Awesome pics and overview. Thanks for posting them, its motivating to see and get your perspective.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Page 131 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131