Quote Originally Posted by SecretNY View Post
JC, how did you find the sizing on the HEV? I hear it runs VERY large...
I didn't think so.

I was issued First Choice 3A panels and I would be a size large in armor. My shirt size is large or XL, so I'm not a really big guy (5'9", 190).

At the time when I ordered mine, the HEV only came in L/XL, now they make a S/M as well. I traced my panels and sent them to TT and they told me I was good to go for the L/XL HEV. My panels fit in there great and I'm able to adjust the HEV to fit nice and snug. If need be, I could leave the vest closed and put it on over my head and be ready to go quickly if I didn't want to undo the velcro and close it back up again....which is nice because I work in plain clothes and don't always wear my vest.

There isn't a tremendous amount of adjustment because you are dealing with a cummerbund type of vest, but you could technically overlap the cummerbund in the front to really pull it tighter, but I would think if that were needed, the size S/M would be the best bet.

Overall, I'm really happy with it and glad I went in that direction. Can't say enough good things about it.

Hope this helps (and makes sense).

JC