Page 119 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1303

Thread: Gear loadout pics and descriptions

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by abailey2112 View Post
    My company guys having been using this bag for their overseas trips. I have one that's close to 6 years old and has made 9 trips trough the Middle East with 80lbs of army issued battle rattle. I keep my personal items in an Ogio 9800 that's was a motocross bag when I was in my 20'a, RC Car hauler bag after that and now a gear hauler and backup gun bag. Can't say enough good from the 9800, and it's a bit less conspicuous being its a black Moto bag
    That Ogio looks really nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    That Ogio looks really nice

Been swearing by my Ogios for years. Watched almost every friend and colleague replace their bags multiple times and I'm still on an almost 15 year old bag now...well one of them at least lol

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    If anyone is near Toledo, someone has an Ogio 9800 there for $100. Not worth driving three hours for me.

Feedback Score

Gear loadout pics and descriptions

My lowly addition.
    Banshee pc
    Shellback lvl IV plates
    X2r taco mag carrier
    Taco radio pouch
    Anytone radio
    Hsgi dump pouch.

Going to run a coax from the radio to an antenna and run the antenna up the back of the pc. Not sure if I like the dump pouch either. It eats up a lot of room it feels like and I’m not sure if I want a different kind or not. Still need to add a med pouch, probably off the front before the mag carrier and shove what I can of it, up inside with the front plate.

Any other recommendations?

Last edited by ubet; 12-06-20 at 16:02.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Rather than coax and relocating the antenna, just put a good 1/4 wave whip on it.

How big is that dump pouch? Max Roly Poly medium on mine, don't even know it's there when rolled up.

For an IFAK, gp pouch with an insert, up front toward side, so you can get to it with either hand, and a TQ front/center, same reason.

Some water on the back, maybe, depending on what you're up to, mission-wise.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    Rather than coax and relocating the antenna, just put a good 1/4 wave whip on it.

How big is that dump pouch? Max Roly Poly medium on mine, don't even know it's there when rolled up.

For an IFAK, gp pouch with an insert, up front toward side, so you can get to it with either hand, and a TQ front/center, same reason.

Some water on the back, maybe, depending on what you're up to, mission-wise.
    I finally got the pic to upload. I wanted to run a whip, but didn’t want all that under my arm. Figured a short cable from radio to antenna would fix that problem.
    I didn’t think about water. I don’t know she’s there, the dump pouch, but I’m not sure if I’m a fan. Just have to see.
    I just got the armor a few weeks ago and stuff is just starting to get put together

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well I'll tell ya what I do, radio is on my left, up front, where cumber meets front plate, so I can screw with volume, yank it out and change freqs, etc. Whip antenna (Nagoya NA24-j) goes up and is routed through PALS on left shoulder, next to the hand mic.

The antenna is out of the way, no matter what, and has good reception. If reception becomes spotty, I just yank it out of the webbing. Works great, and out of the way.

On the subject, you'll want a hand mic, so the radio can stay in a pouch, protected.

Me, I like a dump pouch not only for emptys/partials, but also to carry extra things on the fly, pogey bait, extra water, whatever the need. I run one on the belt, for the same reason, and that way the PC and belt can be run together, or seperately.

If you spend much time with it on, you'll want water on back, as you'll sweat alot. I've seen a man almost die from simple lack of water. That ain't happenin' to me.

I have a TAG hydro carrier on mine. It can accommodate a 70oz. bag for hot weather or long walks, but usually I have a Source 1 liter Kangaroo bag in.

The TAG carrier can lay totally flat when empty, for carrying a ruck or assault pack.

I also use a Banshee, with a BCS skeletal cumber w/FS tubes for coolness and quick don/doff. I think the Banshee is great.

ETA: you don't need a hand mic if you're connected to a commo headset w/PTT' obviously.
    Last edited by ViniVidivici; 12-06-20 at 18:28.

Feedback Score
    Ok, I might have to try that with the antenna.
    I was thinking a throat mic with earpiece but don’t know much about any of that stuff.

The water is something I’m going to look into soon. I do pretty good in heat without water for long periods. But I know I’ll want hydration eventually.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    Ok, I might have to try that with the antenna.
    I was thinking a throat mic with earpiece but don’t know much about any of that stuff.

The water is something I’m going to look into soon. I do pretty good in heat without water for long periods. But I know I’ll want hydration eventually.

No offense, but nobody does well without water. Plan to have it.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I’d recommend one of the dangler pouches for your med kit. Also a separate TQ pouch that goes on the end of the cummerbund that buts up to the front plate. Or a TQ pouch on both sides so either hand can reach easily.

ETA: get a fully enclosed TQ pouch if you plan to actually use your rig and have it outside in the sun for any length of time.
    Last edited by Ironman8; 12-06-20 at 19:49.

Page 119 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129 ... LastLast