38 (100%)
    Endur,
    What carrier is that?

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    Endur,
    What carrier is that?
    TYR Tactical low vis pico. Check post 1004.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endur View Post
    TYR Tactical low vis pico. Check post 1004.
    Ah my bad. Nice rig! How do you like those SKD plates (comfort-wise)? I believe those are single curve right?

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    Ah my bad. Nice rig! How do you like those SKD plates (comfort-wise)? I believe those are single curve right?
    I have not worn it much except for around the home but with the padding of the carrier they are not too bad. Multicurve would be nicer but for the price I am definitely not complaining. I wish I could get my hands on some of those 3lb velocity plates; holy hell that would be nice.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allah_Snackbah View Post

Entire kit evolves as I do as I'm sure everyone elses does. My next project is a Ronin Tactics belt.

That is one funny patch...is it sold somewhere or personal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    If you are in a fight, and something impedes your ability to adequately project force, correct that problem or remove yourself from the fight.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ledanek View Post

That is one funny patch...is it sold somewhere or personal?
    Personal lol

Ronin tactics task force shooters belt.

Final configuration may vary.
    Last edited by Allah_Snackbah; 12-16-15 at 21:36.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr blasty View Post
    What med kit did you have on the back of your PC?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
    That is an OSOE Compact Tear-Off Med Pouch

Feedback Score
    First go at this. I went for a decidedly old school webbing configuration catered to dismounted light infantry skills. I plan on working up a chest rig and minimalist belt in the future.

The Belt:

- VTAC cobra instructor belt
    - VTAC/Tyr Brokos belt
    - Tactical Tailor Fight Light H-Harness

Pouches from left to right:

- Tactical Tailor Magna Pistol Magazine Carrier
    - 2x HSGI Tacos
    - 2x Tactical Tailor Universal Magazine pouches shingled on top of the Tacos
    - MOLLE Canteen Carrier/General Purpose Pouch
    - ATS Medium Upright general purpose Pouch
    - MOLLE Canteen Carrier/General Purpose Pouch
    - HSGI bleeder IFAK pouch
    - Safariland 3280 mid-ride holster for Beretta with light
    - Space for future expansion

I built this belt with an eye towards flexibility. I currently own several magazine-fed rifles and several pistols. Aside from the ARs, I have M1A mags, 308 PMAGs, and AICS mags for the bolt gun. I also have the M1 Garand and its en bloc clips. In the future, I’m looking at an AK variant (particularly the DDI Magpul edition). I wanted a rig that could sufficiently support all of these weapon systems.

The TT universal pouches can hold up to three AR mags each, though I don't intend to actually run them that way. More realistically, it would be two in each pouch, one in each taco, and one in the gun. Or, one in each taco and a beer in each TT pouch

I know the choice to use canteen covers is odd, since everyone has hydration bladders these days (I also keep one in my pack). But I still like having hard bottles, since they are easier to fill from sources that aren't faucets, work better for purification tabs, and work well for wound irrigation. The use of USGI pattern canteen covers, and USGI pattern canteens (I use Nalgene Oasis bottles) allows for USGI pattern stove and cup (I use an updated version from the Pathfinder School)

The pouches themselves are also multipurpose. If I remove the canteen, the cover works as a passable dump pouch, capable of carrying 5 STANAG magazines, binoculars, or other assorted items.

I had an EMDOM USA dump pouch on this belt where the left canteen cover is. I removed it because I find it just as fast to drop empties down the front of my jacket and let the belt retain them for later.

The HSGI Bleeder/Blowout is brand new and empty (Christmas gift). I plan on filling it with:

(2) Nitrile Glove
    (1) Compressed z-pack gauze
    (1) Israeli Emergency Bandage, 4” (or Olaes bandage)
    (1) NAR Hyfin Compact Vented Chest Seal (2 pack)
    (1) Nasopharyngeal Airway w/ Lube, 28 Fr
    (1) Permanent Marker
    (1) Tactical Combat Casualty Care Card
    (1) Chitogauze (hemostatic agent)
    (1) ARS chest decompression needle
    (1) Small flat roll of duct tape
    (1) Benchmade Rescue 8 Hook instead of shears

On top of this is my pack (SOC 3-Day-Pass, from my local AAFES Exchange, until i can get something better). Once loaded, the pack can rest on the shelf made by the canteens and ATS pouch, which helps transfer the weight of the pack to my hips rather than my shoulder. Works well for long walks.

Limiting Factors

Frankly, this rig is more concept based on observation than anything. I started working on it while I lived in Montana, but now live in California. That means that everything built around 30 rd mags is moot, since I'm stuck with 10 rounders that don't really "fit" in the pouches well. All the photos above are 10 round magazines pulled up a bit to emulate the position of 30 round mags.

California also means that I can't really test how well this works for reloads, due to the bullet button.

The left side is heavier than the right side, but I won't know how much I need to rebalance until I can fully load it up.

Anyway, it's a concept in progress. I'm open to feedback.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    BrigandTwoFour,

Very nice belt kit. Well thought out. I see myself going back and forth on whether to do up a belt kit or stick with chest rigs for my preparedness load out. They both have their place in the gear locker and like The saying goes, mission drives the gear. Maybe something to look at to combine your canteens and GP into one set up would be a TT Enhanced butt pack. You can also go with the same thing from LBT or Eagle but those would have to be found on eBay.

I would like to ask though who makes that jacket. Looks like sort of a SAS smock without all the pockets.

I don't read script, script reads me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrobbierob View Post
    BrigandTwoFour,

Very nice belt kit. Well thought out. I see myself going back and forth on whether to do up a belt kit or stick with chest rigs for my preparedness load out. They both have their place in the gear locker and like The saying goes, mission drives the gear. Maybe something to look at to combine your canteens and GP into one set up would be a TT Enhanced butt pack. You can also go with the same thing from LBT or Eagle but those would have to be found on eBay.

I would like to ask though who makes that jacket. Looks like sort of a SAS smock without all the pockets.
    Thanks!

The jacket is a Vertx Smock in solid Coyote. It is pretty much exactly what you said, a streamlined version of the SAS smock. They also make them in multicam. I picked it up on sale earlier this year on sale.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Page 102 of 131 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast