Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Thanks for the info.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    First go at this. I went for a decidedly old school webbing configuration catered to dismounted light infantry skills. I plan on working up a chest rig and minimalist belt in the future.

The Belt:

- VTAC cobra instructor belt
    - VTAC/Tyr Brokos belt
    - Tactical Tailor Fight Light H-Harness

Pouches from left to right:

- Tactical Tailor Magna Pistol Magazine Carrier
    - 2x HSGI Tacos
    - 2x Tactical Tailor Universal Magazine pouches shingled on top of the Tacos
    - MOLLE Canteen Carrier/General Purpose Pouch
    - ATS Medium Upright general purpose Pouch
    - MOLLE Canteen Carrier/General Purpose Pouch
    - HSGI bleeder IFAK pouch
    - Safariland 3280 mid-ride holster for Beretta with light
    - Space for future expansion

I built this belt with an eye towards flexibility. I currently own several magazine-fed rifles and several pistols. Aside from the ARs, I have M1A mags, 308 PMAGs, and AICS mags for the bolt gun. I also have the M1 Garand and its en bloc clips. In the future, I’m looking at an AK variant (particularly the DDI Magpul edition). I wanted a rig that could sufficiently support all of these weapon systems.

The TT universal pouches can hold up to three AR mags each, though I don't intend to actually run them that way. More realistically, it would be two in each pouch, one in each taco, and one in the gun. Or, one in each taco and a beer in each TT pouch

I know the choice to use canteen covers is odd, since everyone has hydration bladders these days (I also keep one in my pack). But I still like having hard bottles, since they are easier to fill from sources that aren't faucets, work better for purification tabs, and work well for wound irrigation. The use of USGI pattern canteen covers, and USGI pattern canteens (I use Nalgene Oasis bottles) allows for USGI pattern stove and cup (I use an updated version from the Pathfinder School)

The pouches themselves are also multipurpose. If I remove the canteen, the cover works as a passable dump pouch, capable of carrying 5 STANAG magazines, binoculars, or other assorted items.

I had an EMDOM USA dump pouch on this belt where the left canteen cover is. I removed it because I find it just as fast to drop empties down the front of my jacket and let the belt retain them for later.

The HSGI Bleeder/Blowout is brand new and empty (Christmas gift). I plan on filling it with:

(2) Nitrile Glove
    (1) Compressed z-pack gauze
    (1) Israeli Emergency Bandage, 4” (or Olaes bandage)
    (1) NAR Hyfin Compact Vented Chest Seal (2 pack)
    (1) Nasopharyngeal Airway w/ Lube, 28 Fr
    (1) Permanent Marker
    (1) Tactical Combat Casualty Care Card
    (1) Chitogauze (hemostatic agent)
    (1) ARS chest decompression needle
    (1) Small flat roll of duct tape
    (1) Benchmade Rescue 8 Hook instead of shears

On top of this is my pack (SOC 3-Day-Pass, from my local AAFES Exchange, until i can get something better). Once loaded, the pack can rest on the shelf made by the canteens and ATS pouch, which helps transfer the weight of the pack to my hips rather than my shoulder. Works well for long walks.

Limiting Factors

Frankly, this rig is more concept based on observation than anything. I started working on it while I lived in Montana, but now live in California. That means that everything built around 30 rd mags is moot, since I'm stuck with 10 rounders that don't really "fit" in the pouches well. All the photos above are 10 round magazines pulled up a bit to emulate the position of 30 round mags.

California also means that I can't really test how well this works for reloads, due to the bullet button.

The left side is heavier than the right side, but I won't know how much I need to rebalance until I can fully load it up.

Anyway, it's a concept in progress. I'm open to feedback.
    I found that on a belt I need to keep it streamlined. Bulky pouches that stick out far interfere with everything. I would slim down the rifle mag pouches myself.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr blasty View Post
    I found that on a belt I need to keep it streamlined. Bulky pouches that stick out far interfere with everything. I would slim down the rifle mag pouches myself.

That is certainly on my radar. If I feel like it doesn't work well this way, then my next path is to delete the second taco and put one TT pouch in its place. The second TT pouch may end up on the right side, next to the pistol, or be removed from the belt entirely. I totally understand the streamlined belt preference, though.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    That is certainly on my radar. If I feel like it doesn't work well this way, then my next path is to delete the second taco and put one TT pouch in its place. The second TT pouch may end up on the right side, next to the pistol, or be removed from the belt entirely. I totally understand the streamlined belt preference, though.
    As long as you don't intend to use it in a vehicle I didn't find rear bulk to matter much. The sides I found catch on everything if they stick out much.

Feedback Score
    Brigand,
    Will the bleeder pouch interfere with drawing your pistol once its filled? I understand it will fit differently when worn vs laid flat, but its hard to tell from the pics. I like the rig though, especially the integration with a pack.
    "We are told that the pen is mightier than the sword, but I know which of these weapons I would choose" - Sir Carton de Wiert, VC

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by E_Johnson View Post
    Brigand,
    Will the bleeder pouch interfere with drawing your pistol once its filled? I understand it will fit differently when worn vs laid flat, but its hard to tell from the pics. I like the rig though, especially the integration with a pack.
    That's a good point. Those hsgi blowouts get hard as a rock when crammed full. Mine sure is. That's why I don't wear mine on the chest. Stacked mags feel less solid than it does in the prone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by E_Johnson View Post
    Brigand,
    For now, with the empty pouch, it definitely does not. I do no think it will interfere with items in it, either, I stuffed it with some loose rags to get a feel for it. When worn, the belt wraps around and the pistol grip angles out far enough that it should clear. If it causes problems, then I think I can readdress with a lower or higher ride on the holster itself. Keep in mind that I'm not looking for IDPA/USPSA style quick draws. I know the cool-guy trend these days is the quick transition from primary to secondary weapon, but that's not my intent. In this context, I look at the sidearm more as a tool to be drawn as needed for specific circumstances rather than an emergency backup- that affords more time for the draw (though, to be clear, I still practice drawing quickly- you just never know). Another possibility is moving it in front of the pistol.

And thank you for the feedback!
    Last edited by BrigandTwoFour; 12-30-15 at 09:30.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score

My current gear.

Colt LE6920 SOCOM
    16 - 1.jpg

Marlin X7 .30-06 with Nikon Prostaff 4-12x40 BDC Reticle & a Acid Tactical buttstock ammo holder.
    Marlin X7 .30-06.jpg

Condor Exo Plate Carrier with AR500 Level III plates front and back, Condor triple magazine insert for front pocket, and Condor magazine pouch on left side of cumberbun.
    tyu.jpg

5.11 ATAC 8" boots (EDC)
    0001.jpg
    Full Kit.jpg

Might not be the most elite operator gear that your favorite SF group uses, but it will get the job done for me.

Feedback Score

Peltor 6s ear defenders with homemade band cover
    Smith Optics Aegis ARC w/ Rx inserts
    OR iron sight gloves in FDE (not shown)

Rifle:
    Bushmaster XM15E2S
    Smith Vortex flash hider
    KAC URXII rail
    Tango Down Stubby grip
    BFG vickers combat application sling (acetal)
    Larue index clips
    Surefire M300A Scout
    Aimpoint CompM3
    KAC 200-600 micro rear sight
    BCM Gunfighter charging handle
    Magpul MIAD
    Magpul MOE
    Magpul Pmags x8

Pistol:
    Glock 17 OD
    ALG flared magwell
    Magpul baseplate
    Surefire X300U (not shown waiting on G-codes new cowling for the SOC line of holsters

1st line:
    CTOMS X-belt PS with regular duty belt inside
    Grimlock carabiner for gloves
    HSGI double decker x2
    HSGI rifle Taco
    Gerber Strong-arm
    G-Code SOC holster on RTI Wheel
    BFG BooBoo pouch (contains: extra ear plugs, hand sanitizer, band-aids, etc)

2nd line:
    Mayflower APC
    HSGI Rifle Taco's x2
    HSGI Pistol Taco's x2
    HSGI Blow out kit (contains: shears, one field dressing, a glowstick and a black sharpie)
    CAT Tourniquet
    Pew Pew

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Page 103 of 130 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast