Page 104 of 131 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1304

Thread: Gear loadout pics and descriptions

Feedback Score
    General shooting/SHTF/bug-out load out. Our land is a couple hours away using secondary roads so the ability to wear it while seated in a vehicle was an important consideration. Web gear was pieced together dirt cheap on EBay...

Eagle Industries H-Harness
    Tactical Tailor center adapter
    Eagle Industries Hydration Carrier
    Camelbak Hydration Bladder
    (5) Tactical Tailor 5.56 single mag pouch w/bungee
    Condor single pistol mag pouch w/Soloray 1000 lm tac-light
    Eagle Industries canteen/gp pouch w/IFAK

USGI ALICE type web belt
    Eagle Industries padded War Belt
    Condor pouch w/Leatherman Multi-tool
    Bianchi M9 holster
    Specialty Defense Roll up dump pouch
    HSGI Blowout pouch w/ shears, penlight, Sharpie, CAT and Israeli bandage
    (3) Eagle Industries .45 pistol mag pouch

Thinking about ditching 1 pistol mag and adding a HSGI single rifle taco so I can run off just the belt if necessary

Owner built 5.56 Carbine (Spikes, ALG Defense, BCM, Magpul, ACE) w/Aimpoint PRO & Streamlight TLR-1S
    S&W 645

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    So, I've done quite the 360 with tactical gear. I started wearing an Eagle CIRAS, then moved to a Shelback Banshee. I tried out a FirstSpear Strandhogg, then "upgraded" for a Crye JPC with a Hogg cummerbund. Finally I downgraded to an SKD SOHPC and then came full circle back to an Eagle LE Plate Carrier. Out of all of my vests I've used other than the CIRAS, I really appreciate the simple fit and finish of the EPC.

I've really admired the designs of scalable plate carriers and the modular panels so I decided to design one for my own plate carrier that is considered dated. Using my design my old Eagle Plate Carrier can now accept any aftermarket panel/placard.

Using my universal adapter design, I can easily accommodate both AR15 and AK47 mags without having to switch pouch setups.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Current set-up for general range use/"why the **** not" now that I'm a civilian.

EYES/EARS/HANDS:

Oakley M Frame Strikes, constantly treated with Cat Crap
    MSA Sordin Supremes
    Mechanix Vent gloves (will eventually convert to the PIG FDTs once these shit the bed)

PRIMARY/SECONDARY:

BCM BFH 16" Mid-Length w/ Daniel Defense RIS II
    Colt lower w/ B5 SOPMOD and Geissele SSA
    TangoDown BG-16 and stubby VFG (handstop/barricade anchor)
    Trijicon ACOG ECOS
    Surefire M600U w/ Gear Sector offset mount
    Insight ATPIAL PEQ-15
    Blue Force Gear VCAS

Glock 17 Gen 4
    Trijicon RM01 RMR
    Surefire X300U w/ DG switch
    Vickers mag release

Tape switches for the rifle are white light at 10:30, PEQ at 9:00. Works ambidextrously for me and I have yet to ND my white light with it being lower profile than the rails.

HELMET:

MSA TC-2002
    Ops Core ARC rails + H nape
    Team Wendy Epic Air pads
    Wilcox L4 shroud
    Norotos AKA2 arm (allows closer NODs placement than the Wilcox G24, and very stout)
    Contour Roam 2
    EOG counter weight
    Strobe
    Princeton Tec MPLS Switch (red/white)
    PVS-14 w/ Pinnacle ULT tube + Wilcox J-arm

FIRST LINE:

Crye Precision JPC w/ bigass flag patch
    Notepad, map markers, and batteries in admin pouch
    Velocity Systems 10x12 III/IV ICW plates w/ Velocity VS-13A backers
    4 x PMAGs
    2 x CATs - both for self-aid, both ambi. BFG TKN up front, Mayflower TQ band zip-tied on my back
    Issued Gerber multitool + AA flashlight (had this little light forever. It was $20 at the PX and rotates to red/blue/green/white light), both held in with BFG 10-speed pistol pouches
    Benchmade rescue hook
    Mayflower low-profile IFAK. (I had to elongate the pull tabs to make them easier to reach. From the factory, it's a bitch when you're on your back.)
    ATS small horizontal GP pouch (SAM splint to protect PVS-14 when carried inside)

SECOND LINE:

Velocity Systems Operator Utility Belt
    First Spear Assaulter's Gun Belt
    Safariland 6354DO (mid-ride UBL and single leg strap)
    EGL dump pouch
    Esstac KYWI Short single M4 pouch
    Esstac KYWI double pistol mag pouch

I'm tracking that I need a dedicated hydration setup. I'm spoiled by having the luxury of just sipping on a Nalgene as needed, but will be picking up a canteen/GP pouch to carry it on my cummerbund soon.

Like many guys, I want to keep my PC as clear on the sides as possible to keep access to my belt as clean as I can. I'm still shaking this set up out, but nothing's been moved around for the past two weeks, so now I'm just focusing on continuing to train in it and see what breaks.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    Current set-up for general range use/"why the **** not" now that I'm a civilian.

EYES/EARS/HANDS:

Oakley M Frame Strikes, constantly treated with Cat Crap
    MSA Sordin Supremes
    Mechanix Vent gloves (will eventually convert to the PIG FDTs once these shit the bed)

PRIMARY/SECONDARY:

BCM BFH 16" Mid-Length w/ Daniel Defense RIS II
    Colt lower w/ B5 SOPMOD and Geissele SSA
    TangoDown BG-16 and stubby VFG (handstop/barricade anchor)
    Trijicon ACOG ECOS
    Surefire M600U w/ Gear Sector offset mount
    Insight ATPIAL PEQ-15
    Blue Force Gear VCAS

Glock 17 Gen 4
    Trijicon RM01 RMR
    Surefire X300U w/ DG switch
    Vickers mag release

Tape switches for the rifle are white light at 10:30, PEQ at 9:00. Works ambidextrously for me and I have yet to ND my white light with it being lower profile than the rails.

HELMET:

MSA TC-2002
    Ops Core ARC rails + H nape
    Team Wendy Epic Air pads
    Wilcox L4 shroud
    Norotos AKA2 arm (allows closer NODs placement than the Wilcox G24, and very stout)
    Contour Roam 2
    EOG counter weight
    Strobe
    Princeton Tec MPLS Switch (red/white)
    PVS-14 w/ Pinnacle ULT tube + Wilcox J-arm

FIRST LINE:

Crye Precision JPC w/ bigass flag patch
    Notepad, map markers, and batteries in admin pouch
    Velocity Systems 10x12 III/IV ICW plates w/ Velocity VS-13A backers
    4 x PMAGs
    2 x CATs - both for self-aid, both ambi. BFG TKN up front, Mayflower TQ band zip-tied on my back
    Issued Gerber multitool + AA flashlight (had this little light forever. It was $20 at the PX and rotates to red/blue/green/white light), both held in with BFG 10-speed pistol pouches
    Benchmade rescue hook
    Mayflower low-profile IFAK. (I had to elongate the pull tabs to make them easier to reach. From the factory, it's a bitch when you're on your back.)
    ATS small horizontal GP pouch (SAM splint to protect PVS-14 when carried inside)

SECOND LINE:

Velocity Systems Operator Utility Belt
    First Spear Assaulter's Gun Belt
    Safariland 6354DO (mid-ride UBL and single leg strap)
    EGL dump pouch
    Esstac KYWI Short single M4 pouch
    Esstac KYWI double pistol mag pouch

I'm tracking that I need a dedicated hydration setup. I'm spoiled by having the luxury of just sipping on a Nalgene as needed, but will be picking up a canteen/GP pouch to carry it on my cummerbund soon.

Like many guys, I want to keep my PC as clear on the sides as possible to keep access to my belt as clean as I can. I'm still shaking this set up out, but nothing's been moved around for the past two weeks, so now I'm just focusing on continuing to train in it and see what breaks.
    It's a bit of money but if you get the Mayflower back panel it will replace those two pouches on your back and allow a hydration pouch I believe.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Biggest problem with the assault panel is that I can't remove the IFAK myself. Great within a team, worthless for me now. I had one for a long time before going old school with a MAP.

I'm also pretty anti-Camelbak on a PC. I greatly prefer something like a Nalgene or water bottle.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    Biggest problem with the assault panel is that I can't remove the IFAK myself. Great within a team, worthless for me now. I had one for a long time before going old school with a MAP.

I'm also pretty anti-Camelbak on a PC. I greatly prefer something like a Nalgene or water bottle.
    Ohh yeah good point. Any reason the anti-camelbak?
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    It's more of a matter of form function than anything else. I can toss an assault pack on for sustainment past the immediate fight and keep a bladder there. If I'm riding in a vehicle or moving cross country for a long time, I would prefer to have a pack that can be taken off for comfort purposes.

Also, on my last deployment, I used to keep a water bottle accessible. I could just throw it away when I was done (aka on the ground...**** Afghanistan) and never found myself desperately needing 3L of water or I'd die. Kinda like how my NODs placement slowly moved further and further out of the way as time went on. The sun going down never snuck up on me or happened on accident, so I try to keep those guys as out of the way as possible.

Feedback Score
    GTF425 "ATS small horizontal GP pouch (SAM splint to protect PVS-14 when carried inside)"

What size Sam splint are you using to protect your pvs 14? Can you take a picture of the inside of the pouch with pvs 14 inside?
    Last edited by sesome; 05-13-16 at 08:53.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    I just cut a piece off of a SAM that was short enough to fit.

Feedback Score
    GTF425 thank you for taking the picture. I am trying to find a good spot for my pvs 14. The few times that I have gotten to use it, I was afraid it would get damaged in transit. Does that pouch fit the J arm installed? Also that tourniquet placement is blowing my mind on the back.

Page 104 of 131 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast