Page 117 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1291

Thread: Gear loadout pics and descriptions

Feedback Score
    I found this on GunBroker for $1800, it came with 4 USGI mags and the 4th gen scope mount. I offered $1500 and he accepted, plus a $40 FFL transfer fee. I put in a BCM foregrip and it gets the support arm in the right shooting position. I will put a Vortex Strike Eagle LPVO when I get rings that fit.

10 years in the Outback and out of focus with new products...bear with me.
    Last edited by Rrotz; 04-19-20 at 23:53.

Feedback Score
    It's been a while since I posted in this one. I built up a new belt for general purpose use at the range or matches. My go-to thus far has been a heavier battle belt, and it's worked great. But I wanted something a bit lower profile and that I could weave through my pants. This was the end result, and it's been working great for me so far.

Belt is a Klik Belts 1.75" two-ply model with a thick bit of SCUBA webbing sandwiched between they outer layers. I didn't want velcro anywhere on this one.

Pouches, left to right:
    • Esstac Kywi Gap double pistol mag pouch
    • HSGI Taco
    • BFG Micro Trauma kit
    • KT Mech Akela for CZ P-07 on a Tek-Lok
    • HSGI Pistol Taco

The last pistol taco gets used for anything from a multi-tool to a flashlight. I haven't settled on whether to not I'm going to keep it in the long run, but it doesn't cause me any problems along the way.

There's a more complete writeup over here.

"Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    Range/training/preparedness/HD/SHTF

Kevlar helmet
    Rucksack with mostly first aid gear.
    Drop leg holster for the Glock.
    Front of the vest has three 60 rd Surefire mags, one in the AR.
    Left to right: Big knife, multitool, radio pouch, IR strobe, cuffs, normal zip ties, escape multitool, mag bag, heavy duty spring loaded lanyard, small knife. Too be added: tourniquets
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Todd00000; 04-28-20 at 11:55.
    Todd
    Colt/BCM

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Range/training/preparedness/HD/SHTF loadout.

2nd line:
    Shellback Banshee w/ RMA 1155's
    BCS skeletal cumber w/ FS tubes-makes this rig 100% better, easy and quick don/doff.
    4 mags in Tac Tailor mag pouches, 3 front, 1 side under generic GP (contains eyepro and plugs, room for other kit if need be)
    BFG single pouch up front, for admin, or scaling up
    Sotech IFAK, shears behind, TQ in front w/shock cord (all accessible by either hand)
    Maxpedition Roly Poly
    Camelback 70 oz. bag in back, in TAG carrier
    Glock knife...love these. Simple, strong, light, fits anywhere. Mounted where it won't get in the way, and is accessible by either hand. Can't help it, I'm an old school 11B, and I love this thing.

1st line:
    BFG SOC-C
    Safariland 7ts for G17/19
    1-2 rifle mags, Tac Tailor single open top on left, double on right (to backfill, over there for balance)
    BFG double pistol mag pouch
    Cool guy tool pouch up front, Gerber multiplier
    Knock-off roly poly type dumper

Attachment 62019

These are set up to be run together, or separately. PC can be thrown on with what I'm normally wearing and I'm good.

Designed to be scalable, might run the PC with only 3 mags, or can go 5, and stuff more in the kangaroo and dump pouch if I had too.

Also often use the belt at the range, or on short walks in the woods. I will carry 1-3 rifle mags in it, depending. That's why I run two dump pouches. And because dump pouches are just great kit, IMO, I carry all kinds of crap in 'em. Love the SOC-C, super comfortable.

PC is green, but at night it looks dark as hell, stands out. Hit it with some tan krylon and it breaks it up somethin' fierce.

The little black buckle on my right side, is a ITW Nexus, between the IFAK pouch and the mag pouch. It brings the pouch "in", towards my front where I want it, over the top of the right side tubes, "bridging the gap", so to speak. Take care of the little things, and the big things take care of themselves, said my TL once.

And I can't say enough good about Beez Combat Systems. That cumberbund is the shit...no more screwing around with the flap up front, the thing is so fast on and off, light, breathable. It can mount side plate pockets, inside or out, but I have no plans to. It's hugely improved the rig.

ETA: damn, that's a crappy little pic, evidence of my technical ineptitude.
    Last edited by ViniVidivici; 04-28-20 at 09:12.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Green Eyes Training/Preparedness Loadout

It's been a while since I posted anything regarding my gear since my first PRC-148 Radio, First Impressions... and that was more specific to the radio, but I did cover some of my chest rig setup. This post will focus on some of the loadouts that I have built and train with.

I've been setting up and refining my kit over the past several years. Where I am today sure seems like a long way from when I built my first chest rig. I've learned a lot. Largely from trial and error. Try something, if it works then keep it if it doesn't then get rid of it, but you won't know that until you TRAIN with it, wearing it in the bedroom won't do it. You need to get it in the dirt and flesh out what works for you and doesn't work. I've also learned from friends like Docsherm. Like my AR's, I believe in purpose-driven gear, and as a result, I have multiple chest rigs, each with a specific application. I've built far more than I have now, some I've sold, others I've parted out, and in a few cases, built chest rigs for others. But this is what I have today. I have trained in all of these chest rigs in one form or the other. That's important to me because I need to be as proficient with my gear as I am my weapons.

My Lightweight Setup
    This is the rig I train most often in. It's lightweight, and with the addition of the MissionSpec Wingits, extended the limited 3 M4 mags to 5-6 M4 mags. I also added a full size MBITR radio pouch to the wingit wings. With this setup my trauma items are held in the dangler, with GP type items (Compass, markers, notepad, protein bars in the WBTactical zipper flap/compartment.
    Spiritus Mk4 Chassis
    - Spiritus 3 mag placard w/ KYWI adapter kit (A must have imo)
    - WBTactical Zippered full flap
    - Dangler pouch from somewhere (Soon to be replaced with a Beez dangler)
    - Thyrm Cell Vault battery tube
    MissionSpec Wingits (These are extended wings w/ PALS webbing that secure into the MK4 chassis and in my opinion are 1000% better than the Spiritus wings, which suck to high heaven. Again IMO)
    - High Ground PRC-148/152 radio pouch (After using many top tier radio pouches the High Ground is hands down the best MBITR radio pouch on the market. If I'm running a PRC-152 on my rig, it's going to be in a High Ground pouch)
    - Tactical Tailor universal mag pouch (This is a multipurpose pouch that I can use for 1-3 M4 mags, 2 308 mags, pistol holster, a TT IFAK insert or whatever else)
    - Direct Action TQ pouch
    On the harness my Garmin Foretrex 401

Common Kit (Usually worn with this setup:
    Brain bucket:
    I wasn't looking for a ballistic helmet when I bought this (Obviously!) I just wanted a reasonably comfortable brain bucket for my nods. I do have plans on getting a ballistic helmet, but it won't be a Team Wendy or Ops-Core, it will likely be a new or in great shape USGI ACH. This works for now. We did pull the existing cheap padding out and used some much better pads docsherm gave me.
    - Emersongear bump helmet
    - OneTigris helmet cover
    - Norotos Rhino II Titanium NV mount
    - Inforce White/IR Gen 2 WML
    - Armasight PVS-14 Gen 3
    - Down Range Gear NOD lanyard

Comms:
    - TCI Liberator II w/ PTT

Plate Carrier:
    I'm a big fan of Beez Combat Systems. They make really solid, durable, and well thought out gear. I like this particular PC because I pull the plates and have an excellent low viz level IIIa PC that I can and have worn under a button-down shirt and/or a jacket. A slick PC also supports my purpose-built chest rig philosophy. I do have on my roadmap a plan putting together a Beez APTUM PC and configure it with their APTUM goodies. That setup in my opinion, will be the ultimate one-all/do-all. I'll still keep my Beez slick PC because it will still have purpose as a low vis PC.
    - Beez Combat Systems NIJ II
    - Second Chance Monarch level IIIa soft body armor
    - SKD Tactical Ceramic Level IV plates x 2

War Belt V4.2
    This is the 4th variant of War Belt I tried before I found what really worked and worked well for me. I won't go into all that I tried, but it wasn't a matter of quality, but a matter of usability.
    G-Code Contractors Belt with velcro inner belt.
    (From the pistol back)
    Safariland 6354 DO ALS holster (The 6354 DO and 6378 USN ALS holsters are the best holster I've ever used.)
    G19 Gen 4 w/ Trijicon RMR RM01
    SOG SEAL Pup
    Tactical Tailor (TT) horizontal (sm) pouch for my IFAK
    - BFG Tourniquet hammock hung off the TT pouch malice clips
    T3 Gear Nalgene Pouch (Currently in test phase to determine if this has a place or not)
    Leatherman MUT Multitool
    G-Code AR mag pouch x 2 (This is a fairly new change on my War Belt. Up until this change I had been using a unload, with an HGSI drop leg and a TT double mag shingle.)
    - TT dump pouch mounted to the exterior of the two G-Code pouches
    TT Triple pistol mag pouch
    D-Ring for gloves
    VTAC suspenders - While I have no issues with my belt staying in place, I think with the sub-load it tended to want to pull my pants down. Since I'm just an average white guy, that wasn't quite my style. The VTAC suspenders corrected that and even more importantly, and unbeknownst to me it also distributed the load a little better across my frame.

Go-To Night Rig (Although not really part of my gear it is part of my loadout and I'll be brief)
    12.5 DD CHF, Vltor MUR-1A, LMT Enh. carrier w/Sionics bolt completion kit, EOTech EXPS-3, Steiner DBAL I2, Surefire Vampire, LaRue rail, MBT-1S, Vltor A5 buffer system, Redi-Mag (CNC'd aluminum version) PRI front sight, DD rear, All LaRue mounts, BFG slang, AAC 762 SDN-6 can with a Cole Tac suppressor cover, with a crap ton of Kevlar string used to try and keep the stupid can cover on. (No I do not recommend Cole Tactical covers if you plan on doing any kind of rapid-fire drills. I shoot that stupid thing off more times than I can count!!)

Pics:

Chest rig w/ Beez PC and brain bucket

War Belt
    Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 04-30-20 at 15:53.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Love the good ol Daisy Dukes!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN TRAINING, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    A bit of an equipment update; I'm not over the moon thrilled with the Slickster but its doing what I need it to do right now which is carry plates and ammo so I can't be too bothered.

- Ferro Concepts slickster gen 2. with standard cummerbund
    - Ferro Concepts turnover elastic insert (this is what I'm not loving, I juts don't like my mags pinned so tightly against my plates, makes for a challenging draw)
    - LTC 26605 lvl4 swimmer cut plates
    - Haley Strategic hanger with med inserts, I love this hanger, in comparison to others on the market, for me this is the winner
    - Team Wendy Exfil Ballistic with Team Wendy cover
    - Peltor Comtac III
    - Unity Tactical Mark, Spark, and Remora on the helmet with a Surefire X300 for admin lighting on the Remora mount
    - DD MK18 upper on a Spikes Tactical SBR lower, Aimpoint T1, Surefire M600DF on a larue mount, AAC SDN-6, Proctor Shooting Sling (the best sling on the planet)

Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post

Plate Carrier:
    I'm a big fan of Beez Combat Systems. They make really solid, durable, and well thought out gear. I like this particular PC because I pull the plates and have an excellent low viz level IIIa PC that I can and have worn under a button-down shirt and/or a jacket. A slick PC also supports my purpose-built chest rig philosophy. I do have on my roadmap a plan putting together a Beez APTUM PC and configure it with their APTUM goodies. That setup in my opinion, will be the ultimate one-all/do-all. I'll still keep my Beez slick PC because it will still have purpose as a low vis PC.
    I think you will like the Aptum. I got one of their "gen 1" versions a few months ago. Couple minor gripes, but... this may be the unsung "one slick/scalable carrier to rule them all". Unless you want zippers, in which case, probably still Spiritus.
    However, FYI, the current gen Aptum plate bags no longer have the full padded backing; it is now slick material with loop velcro strips for either their or other version "pontoon" style pads. I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing.
    That being said, having owned/worn PCs with zero padded backing (APC, 6094, etc, etc) and PCs with a lot of padding (Scarab, AVS)... I suspect it won't matter, especially since the 3D padding they used was hardly the god-tier stuff something like the Scarab plate bags are backed with. It was a nice idea, but honestly kind of flat and underwhelming. Which is why I suspect the pontoon pads they offer won't be that great (neither are the Beez shoulder pads, get the ones from Velocity Systems or SKD PIG), and that SKD may be the way to go there. Or stick the Crye pads to it maybe?
    It will be interesting to get a new version someday and compare which is better.

Also the price on the Aptum has gone up a little (was 170, now 190) so... yay.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by devildogljb View Post
    I used this load out alot when i was living in New Mexico last year now that I'm in Virgina, I don't get out as much as I would like with my job and the lack of area to shoot in my area (currently near Quantico) . Hopefully the move to a much gun friendlier area of West Virgina will change that.

Helmet:
    Gentex ACH modified
    S&S Manta strobe
    Arma Sight Spark Core Night Vision

Plate Carrier:
    Mayflower APC
    HSGI Taco x3
    Baofeng UV5r with PTT & Rope Antenna
    Gadsden dynamics rip away IFAK
    North American Rescue Tourniquet holder
    5.11 12 hour pack with bladder
    AR500 Steel Plates x 2

Rifle:
    Colt 6920
    Troy Industries Rail(for the life of me i can not remember which one)
    Sure Fire Scout with white light and IR light
    Eotech XPS2
    B5 Systems Sopmod Stock

How do you have your holster attached to the belt?
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Page 117 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127 ... LastLast