Page 12 of 131 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Gear loadout pics and descriptions

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by neo9710 View Post
    Thanks. Today, I decided to do another trial run of my loadout..This time, I was using a building with narrower hallways. Couple things bothered me. SO, I changed it a little..My TT mag pouches are single pouches. I wanted them that way so I had flexibility of moving them around for circumstances like this. I moved one magazine from the front and put it on my left side and moved my IFAK over. If I was down to my last mag, since I have 6, I need to get the hell out of there and regroup! I did this for a couple of reasons: 1) I realized that I didn't like my IFAK right underneath my armpit. 2) If anything happened to me, I wanted to be able to get to it easy! Under my armpit wasn't the best location of it if I was on the ground. I don't have any room for it on my belt. Another thing that I noticed I was missing was spare batteries for my flashlight. They are in there now.

Lemme apologize for the pics - late night and I'm tired. Im wearing my soft armor underneath the carrier. The one thing I did notice when you use sideplates is that you have to get used to drawing your sidearm a little more angled towards the outside. My thumb rubs against the cummerbund. I leave one side attached and un-velcro the other side to don on/off. I forgot to add, that If the dogs and I need to go hunting for someone, I have a Rat Cutlery Mil-3 that comes with me..

I am going to post a little review on the Pig Plate Carrier...BTW - SKD...You guys are ALL RIGHT IN MY BOOK!! (Have any stickers so I can put it on my race bike?!)

I have to say, that the leg rig looks like it really screws up your duty belt, at least in my view it looks like you have had to change stuff around to deal w/ it.

I use the female end of a QD buckle on my trouser belt ot attach a thigh rig w/ two mags. this enables me to set up my duty belt in a manner that benefits me in my everyday activites and doesn't require me to alter the arrangement of my gear to accomodate it.

I can just grab my thigh rig and go do battle.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 11B101ABN View Post
    I have to say, that the leg rig looks like it really screws up your duty belt, at least in my view it looks like you have had to change stuff around to deal w/ it.

I use the female end of a QD buckle on my trouser belt ot attach a thigh rig w/ two mags. this enables me to set up my duty belt in a manner that benefits me in my everyday activites and doesn't require me to alter the arrangement of my gear to accomodate it.

I can just grab my thigh rig and go do battle.
    Our G.O. dictates where our stuff goes on the belt. But since the leg rig is new to us, they haven't mentioned anything. I want to put a QD in b ut just haven't done it yet. I just threw I together for the photo.

Feedback Score
    I don't see that the drop leg is messing up the duty belt, as my pouches that have been at those locations did the same tilt. My subload was worn under the duty belt for a couple of other reasons though, to include comfort.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)

My civi rig. A Blue Force Gear 10 Speed. Holds 6 Mags and goes on quickly. Behind it is my battle belt with 2 AR mag holders, 2 glock pistol mag holders and a drop pouch. I wear this over my G19 on my belt. Its simple, lightweight, and easy.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by neo9710 View Post
    The one thing I did notice when you use sideplates is that you have to get used to drawing your sidearm a little more angled towards the outside. My thumb rubs against the cummerbund.
    Not sure if you've considered it but you can drop your holster 1.5" with the Safariland 6075 adapter, third one down on this page: http://www.copquest.com/23-2400.htm#...er_-_UBL_Style

Feedback Score

my load out

TAG chest rig
    mixture of TT and TAG pouches
    Gerber LMF II
    HK USP 40
    black hawk serpa
    marconi h455 radio coms and head set
    blow out kit
    Ride to the sound of the guns

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Paramedico,

How do you like having your USP high on your chest? Ive been toying with throwing my G19 on my Eagle in that fashion but Im just not sure.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Paramedico,

How do you like having your USP high on your chest? Ive been toying with throwing my G19 on my Eagle in that fashion but Im just not sure.
    It takes practice on the draw but I like it I can let go of my carbine and my hand is naturally already there to draw my usp so it defiantly shortens my draw process.. I also carry my 1911 on my belt so depending on the position or situation I'm in I can allways draw a secondary weapon.. I played around with placement on my chest rig and that felt most natural.. Hope this helps
    Last edited by Paramedico138; 12-09-10 at 00:59.
    Ride to the sound of the guns

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Just updated the gear load-out. I'd like to replace all the pouches with the single/single's from TAG as I really like them. The PC is an Eagle, Plates are CD. This is my GP load-out and closely mimics my MIL load-out.

Feedback Score

magazines make great christmas ornaments

here we go. re-configured, again. thanks to the good sir who switched emdom admin pouches with me on this forum. pics arent of the best quality as all i have is a small canon digital camera. gets the job done though.

the paraclete vest, tho not to popular on this forum, is a pretty well built vest despite the fact that it can get a little hot in the summer but not too bad, but keeps you warm in the winter hah, and can be bulky if loaded to the gills hah.. IFAK pouch needs a couple key ingredients (quick clot, CAT). works out that i can also stuff a little 20rnd mag in the front little pouch. overall i this setup. feel free to share your thoughts, criticize, i would love some input on it.

Page 12 of 131 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast