Page 123 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1291

Thread: Gear loadout pics and descriptions

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    Got a question.
    Mags in the front of the plate carrier; it seems like it god forbid you ever do need your pc and end up getting shot in the front, the mags on the front would be all but certainly dead if they got struck. Anyone ever worry about that?

That being said, where else do you carry rifle mags?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can get cummerbunds with either molle or, like the one I have has 3 pockets down each side for mags or whatever you want to stick in them.

Edit to add pic. Here I have 3 on the front and could do another 3 diwn each side. Although I think the rear most ones would be a little hard to reach...

This set up is new to me, so I'm still wirking on how I want everything laid out.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by vandal5; 06-08-21 at 05:37.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Carry a mag or two on the belt as well. Good way to distribute the load too.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    Carry a mag or two on the belt as well. Good way to distribute the load too.
    And as soon as one of those are moved to the gun it’s back filled by one from the PC or chest rig when you have the opportunity.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Got a question.
    Mags in the front of the plate carrier; it seems like it god forbid you ever do need your pc and end up getting shot in the front, the mags on the front would be all but certainly dead if they got struck. Anyone ever worry about that?

I can't remember who it was off the top of my head, but somewhere on the internet someone did a test of this. Long story short, they might not be as dead as you think.
    Considering in the 'dudes who do this for a living" community I don't see a concerted drive to get away from front mounted mags (except for the Brits, and that was for IED issues), I'm guessing it's less of an issue than other things...
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    I can't remember who it was off the top of my head, but somewhere on the internet someone did a test of this. Long story short, they might not be as dead as you think.
    Considering in the 'dudes who do this for a living" community I don't see a concerted drive to get away from front mounted mags (except for the Brits, and that was for IED issues), I'm guessing it's less of an issue than other things...
    That crossed my mind after I asked the question, on people who get paid to carry guns. I know it’s not something I’d seen talked about, and was curious if it’s a non starter or not. So thank you for your answer

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I knew a member of the 75th that claimed to have taken a russian 30 cal through a mag and into his ESAPI while doing a raid. He said he just pulled the mag out of the pouch and dumped it; so that he wouldn't grab it later in the fire fight.

It's still worthwhile to front mount magazines if that what your into even if they can take a round. I have seen a trend in people wearing slick front plates; but it is not for this reason. The main reason they (I) do this is because of vehicle work, and getting prone/moving around cover is a lot easier without mags infront of you. I carry 4 mags in my CB. Two on each side. Then one mag on my belt and one in the gun for a total of 6 mags with a completely slick front.
    Last edited by turnburglar; 06-11-21 at 14:02.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Got a question.

You’re not wrong for having that thought at all. However, the plate isn’t there to be a ballistic shield. It’s there to help protect the vital organs. The idea isn’t “I’ll be taking rounds here and nowhere else”. Tons of dudes get shot where the plates aren’t (I’d say probably most); so there is risk of mag damage anywhere they are carried. The actual concern is where ordinance might get hit with a round (initiators, grenades, bangs, smoke etc).

So to answer your question, I recommend carrying your mags in multiple locations. Some on the carrier (wherever it suits your needs best), some on the belt, some in a pack etc. I usually keep 3 on the front, one on the belt, and depending on the situation; a few more in the cummerbund.

There are tons of reasons to have them up front or have a slick front.
    Last edited by norbis; 07-18-21 at 11:26. Reason: Add quote

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thought I would throw a quick update in the thread.

I have made a few more plate carriers for buddies of mine. Im actually really liking how these are turning out, but I think I am gonna change the design of the front plate pocket to make it easier to manufacture as well as add new features. My main inspiration for this carrier was a ultra light weight carrier that was still full of features.

Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    Thought I would throw a quick update in the thread.

I have made a few more plate carriers for buddies of mine. Im actually really liking how these are turning out, but I think I am gonna change the design of the front plate pocket to make it easier to manufacture as well as add new features. My main inspiration for this carrier was a ultra light weight carrier that was still full of features.

That is awesome, nice job. How does it feel compared to any others you have tried?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Very nice TB!
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Page 123 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125 ... LastLast