Page 125 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1291

Thread: Gear loadout pics and descriptions

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    Interesting thanks for sharing, I haven't heard of the Ferro IFAK before but looks easier to deal with than a dangler pouch (my Multi-Mission Hanger from Haley)
    If you haven't seen it, the Eagle Center Pull Hanging Aid Kit is a sleeper in the IFAK world. I've only had mine for ~3 months but it's something I didn't know was missing from my life until I got it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    If you haven't seen it, the Eagle Center Pull Hanging Aid Kit is a sleeper in the IFAK world. I've only had mine for ~3 months but it's something I didn't know was missing from my life until I got it.
    I will have to look into that, thanks for the info, I wanted to do a scout course of some kind this year, and wanted to build a decent chestrig for good mobility as I am still rocking an old Haley Strategic with a smoke pouch and a dangler, not saying it doesn't work but there seem to be better options out there now
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just looked at it, very innovative.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    To qualify this statement-

Being able to open the pouch with a single hand and also securely close it without having to fumble with zippers really separates it from other dangler pouches that kinda-sorta do the IFAK thing.

You can open it with either hand, set up the interior however needed with the shock cord matrix (which are removable...hint to breachers). Outer elastic can retain CAT TQs with similar tension to a BFG 10-speed holding an M4 mag, and you can fit a 6x6 soft armor panel behind the pouch if desired.

NICO bangers (the BTV-ELs) will fit in the elastic slots.

Drain grommets are on the bottom to route shock cord through if desired.

It will also interface with the velcro backing of any of the current chest rigs that have male velcro backings to help secure to the front of a plate carrier. Can confirm it mates to a Mayflower UW Gen IV as well as a Spiritus Mk4, so anything in that vain will work.

Also, mine is made in the USA, which was a nice surprise.
    Last edited by GTF425; 02-24-22 at 17:32.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    To qualify this statement-

Being able to open the pouch with a single hand and also securely close it without having to fumble with zippers really separates it from other dangler pouches that kinda-sorta do the IFAK thing.

You can open it with either hand, set up the interior however needed with the shock cord matrix (which are removable...hint to breachers). Outer elastic can retain CAT TQs with similar tension to a BFG 10-speed holding an M4 mag, and you can fit a 6x6 soft armor panel behind the pouch if desired.

NICO bangers (the BTV-ELs) will fit in the elastic slots.

Drain grommets are on the bottom to route shock cord through if desired.

It will also interface with the velcro backing of any of the current chest rigs that have male velcro backings to help secure to the front of a plate carrier. Can confirm it mates to a Mayflower UW Gen IV as well as a Spiritus Mk4, so anything in that vain will work.

Also, mine is made in the USA, which was a nice surprise.
    https://eagleindustries.com/center-p...aid-kit-cphak/

It's this right?
    Do you happen to have the dimensions, similar to other danglers? Not seeing them listed.
    Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vandal5 View Post
    https://eagleindustries.com/center-p...aid-kit-cphak/

It's this right?
    Do you happen to have the dimensions, similar to other danglers? Not seeing them listed.
    Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    That's it. Not sure on dimensions, I'll measure it tomorrow and edit this post.

And by "tomorrow" I mean in 40 minutes, apparently.
    Last edited by GTF425; 02-24-22 at 19:44.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Pouch is 10.5" tall by 7.5" wide. Width is not including the side elastic which is stretchable to whatever width object you throw in it. Male velcro on the backside is 2.5" tall.

Pitchers for reference.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by devildogljb View Post
    I used this load out alot when i was living in New Mexico last year now that I'm in Virgina, I don't get out as much as I would like with my job and the lack of area to shoot in my area (currently near Quantico) . Hopefully the move to a much gun friendlier area of West Virgina will change that.

Helmet:
    Gentex ACH modified
    S&S Manta strobe
    Arma Sight Spark Core Night Vision

Plate Carrier:
    Mayflower APC
    HSGI Taco x3
    Baofeng UV5r with PTT & Rope Antenna
    Gadsden dynamics rip away IFAK
    North American Rescue Tourniquet holder
    5.11 12 hour pack with bladder
    AR500 Steel Plates x 2

Rifle:
    Colt 6920
    Troy Industries Rail(for the life of me i can not remember which one)
    Sure Fire Scout with white light and IR light
    Eotech XPS2
    B5 Systems Sopmod Stock

How are you attaching that 5.11 pack to your PC?

Feedback Score
    Bumping this one in case anyone wants to provide feedback or insights. I've been re-thinking a lot of my gear, and this particular setup is evolving to be my "grab and go" kit for civilian emergencies.

I dub the whole thing (LBE and rifle) as the "Minuteman Loadout." Now, that's not actually supposed to be a reference to colonial minutemen, but rather a tribute to my time as a Minuteman III ICBM officer. That weapon system is a hodgepodge of old and new technology mashed together. The rifle, for example, is a facsimile of an M16A1, but using some modern thinking around 18" rifle gassed barrels, modern furniture, flat top upper, and red dot. The harness is a throwback to M1956 ILCS (predecessor to ALICE), using modern materials and pouches.

The LBE itself is built on a Blue Force Gear Beltminus V1 I picked up on closeout years ago.

Left to right:
    • Esstac Kywi Mid-Height for speed reload
    • BAE ECLiPSE double mag pouch
    • Tactical Tailor Small Radio Pouch
    • BAE ECLiPse Canteen Pouch
    • SO Tech Viper A1 IFAK
    • BAE ECLiPSE Canteen Pouch
    • BAE ECLiPSE double mag pouch
    • T3 Gear Platoon Sergeant Admin Pouch
    • T3 Gear TQ Pouch (on top of the admin pouch)

In all, this allows me to carry five mags on the harness plus one in the gun (180 rounds). The LBE, fully loaded with water and ammo, weighs 14.6 lbs.

My intent here is an all-in-one piece of gear for carbine training, civil unrest, run-and-gun competitions, etc. I expect it would work standalone for most short to mid-duration activities. I can add a small assault pack to the whole thing to bring along extra ammunition and other equipment if needed.

Obviously, there's no handgun here. The V1 harness doesn't have the torsional rigidity to support it (they fixed that in the V2 and V3 versions). If I really wanted a pistol, i could do it on a drop leg, and remove the strong side mag pouch to make a clear drawing path. I could then replace the radio pouch with another mag pouch to keep the ammo count up.

I had a lot of the BAE ECLiPSE stuff on hand simply because it was inexpensive. That gave me a lot of leeway to buy a bunch of it and experiment with different configurations. It's a bit "old school" as far as MOLLE attachment goes, but it's still good quality and well thought out.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    Bumping this one in case anyone wants to provide feedback or insights. I've been re-thinking a lot of my gear, and this particular setup is evolving to be my "grab and go" kit for civilian emergencies.
    Thanks for posting this.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Page 125 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127 ... LastLast