Page 126 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1291

Thread: Gear loadout pics and descriptions

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    LBT-6094, Eagle MMAC-R and some other bits and pieces.
    PXL_20220308_141418002.jpg

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    If Eagle made a molle-attach version of that CPHAK I'd be all over it....would be an excellent multi-role GP pouch.

Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    Bumping this one in case anyone wants to provide feedback or insights. I've been re-thinking a lot of my gear, and this particular setup is evolving to be my "grab and go" kit for civilian emergencies.

Those Emdom Battle Suspenders were/are a real sleeper item if you're running a mid/full size battle belt.
    Had a pair back before I realized battle belts hate me.
    I thought they'd be a little to light to be comfortable, but they actually spread the weight out on the shoulder quite nicely, without a lot of bulky padding.

Quote Originally Posted by PFran42 View Post
    LBT-6094, Eagle MMAC-R and some other bits and pieces.
    PXL_20220308_141418002.jpg
    You know, about 6-7 years ago all that AOR1/AOR2 LBT (if legit LBT) stuff would have been worth a small fortune on the airsoft market. People were paying stupid money for that stuff. You're living the dream of many a basement operator my friend...
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post

Those Emdom Battle Suspenders were/are a real sleeper item if you're running a mid/full size battle belt.
    Had a pair back before I realized battle belts hate me.
    I thought they'd be a little to light to be comfortable, but they actually spread the weight out on the shoulder quite nicely, without a lot of bulky padding.
    I had to go look up the Emdom suspenders. They look nice, very similar to the Tactical Tailor ones I'm not using. The particular H-Harness in my photo is actually a one-piece unit of belt and suspenders. Mine is the first generation of Beltminus, now up to Version 3: https://www.blueforcegear.com/beltminus-v3

The newer ones include foam padding on the back and hips, as well as laminate stiffeners running around the inside to provide torsional rigidity.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    I had to go look up the Emdom suspenders. They look nice, very similar to the Tactical Tailor ones I'm not using. The particular H-Harness in my photo is actually a one-piece unit of belt and suspenders. Mine is the first generation of Beltminus, now up to Version 3: https://www.blueforcegear.com/beltminus-v3

The newer ones include foam padding on the back and hips, as well as laminate stiffeners running around the inside to provide torsional rigidity.
    Ah, my bad. I forgot about the BFG stuff - pic looked like the old-version Emdom shoulder pads.
    Interesting design for a full belt kit though.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It's been a while since I showed my updated kit, and since I had some fun this weekend walking the back 40 at my In-Laws, figured it was appropriate to share. Last post was in 2020, and it's only been minor changes since then.

Nothing major has been replaced, though not for lack of trying. For a couple of years, I used an HSGI laser-cut slim belt, but recently switched back because I hate now the slim version feels and balances mags. I know there are a lot of advantages to the "slim" or lightweight version of pieces of kit, but for me, the trade-offs are rarely worth it. I dropped a double-decker TACO in favor of a standard TACO on the belt. Figured with the M17's 21rd mags, I probably didn't need to run three of them plus the one in the mag. I also ended up pulling the GP pouch off my kit. It never wanted to sit right and liked to pinch when worn with the belt while moving.

In terms of clothing, I have started investing in Crye uniform items. They're pricey, but I have to say, a superior product to USGI uniform items. Far more comfortable, better pocket layout, and the knee pad adjustment system is outstanding. Since I was going to be picking up a few new items in MC Tropic anyway, it made sense to try out "the good stuff" and boy, am I sold on it. MC Tropic definitely seems like a solid Spring/Early summer pattern for me in KS. In this picture, I'm using a mix of G3 and G4, with the bottoms being G3 Combat pants and the top being a G4 combat shirt. I am slowly phasing out my USGI items in Regular Multicam with Crye items, though it's far from a priority. The one area where I've got "cheap" on is for my boots, in the form of some Bass Pro/Cabela's Redhead brand boots. Oddly enough, they seem to work quite well for me. They're comfortable and snug, and cheap enough I won't mind replacing them here in a few months. I've already put at least 140 miles on them this year from my weekly ruck marches, so they're probably the item seeing the most use here. Event walking through a creek didn't mess them up too badly (that's why they're so dark in the picture)

Future changes: Couple projects in the works. I am tempted to try out the Dark Angel S.P.E.A.R. IFAK, but we'll see. Plenty of good options for IFAKs these days. The SCAR might be getting a makover in the form of a new optic, light, and foregrip soon. Eyeballing the Vortex FFP 1-8x Strike Eagle, as I think its enough of an upgrade from my 3.5x ACOG to be worth the money, and I'd like to move away from Inforce lights on my weapons. That fad seems to have come and gone.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    Future changes: Couple projects in the works. I am tempted to try out the Dark Angel S.P.E.A.R. IFAK, but we'll see. Plenty of good options for IFAKs these days. The SCAR might be getting a makover in the form of a new optic, light, and foregrip soon. Eyeballing the Vortex FFP 1-8x Strike Eagle, as I think its enough of an upgrade from my 3.5x ACOG to be worth the money, and I'd like to move away from Inforce lights on my weapons. That fad seems to have come and gone.
    Thanks for sharing, I like the boots, a cheap gear that works is worth its weight in gold, I have some Soloman boots from a local shoe store that cost $85 and while I don't think they make them anymore, they have been awesome with many miles of hikes and dog walks.

The Vortex SE 1-8 is okay, but my take is that it has a lot of compromises. I just took a class last month at their facility (awesome time, great facility)and got to check it out for a moment. I really like their Razor 1-10, and their Viper 1-6 but the new 1-8 Strike Eagle just isn't as good as the Viper in my opinion.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    I really like their Razor 1-10, and their Viper 1-6 but the new 1-8 Strike Eagle just isn't as good as the Viper in my opinion.
    What makes you say that?

For me, it boils down to the reticle they used; I can't stand crosshair-type reticles for combat rifles. Too many years behind Aimpoints, EOTechs, and Trijicons to accept them. The Strike Eagle's EBR-8 reticle seems like a good compromise between close-range reflexive use and longer-range shooting.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    What makes you say that?

For me, it boils down to the reticle they used; I can't stand crosshair-type reticles for combat rifles. Too many years behind Aimpoints, EOTechs, and Trijicons to accept them. The Strike Eagle's EBR-8 reticle seems like a good compromise between close-range reflexive use and longer-range shooting.
    So at 1x it is clearly more of a 1.25-1.5x and it gives you sort of that fish eye look, 8x had eye box issues that seemed worse than my Razor at 10x, the glass and the reticle were the standouts, but it just felt like they put out a product that was 80% finished and didn't clean up the issues, which in that price range is hard to do. For you with a 762nato, and if your mainly in those outdoor cornfields, you might not see those as an issue, but I want something that I can overlook the cornfield in my backyard and then clear my house with, and this just isn't it.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by graffex View Post
    How are you attaching that 5.11 pack to your PC?
    Im also curious

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by graffex View Post
    How are you attaching that 5.11 pack to your PC?
    Im also curious

Page 126 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128 ... LastLast