Page 15 of 131 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Gear loadout pics and descriptions

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Thanks for the replies, sounds like they could be handy.

Feedback Score

Military Combat Loadout

This was a rig I had put together for clandestine reconnaissance missions. The plates are inside pouches on a modified Point Blank soft armor carrier with soft armor. The base rig is an Eagle RRV, with the chest panel unbuttoned and folded down.
    Pouches R to L:
    Med Kit
    MBITR
    Smoke
    2 Frags
    GPS
    6 M4 Mags

A HSGI 12 Round 40mm bandoleer is attached to the bottom (I never put more than 6 in it unless it was on my pack), and I used the velcro pouch in the RRV for maps.
    Last edited by BCW; 02-10-11 at 15:34.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    If you're attaching to MOLLE, the product you're seeing in a lot of the photos is the ITW Grimlock which works great because it locks shut.
    I'm not so confident in its ability to lock shut. I told one of my troops once to move the lanyard on his NVGs from a Grimlock to his MOLLE loops because the Grimlock wasn't secure enough for my taste. He didn't and sure enough, he lost his NVGs out on a mission at JRTC. A role player returned them to us, fortunately. When the company commander and I called him on the carpet for an ass-chewing and he gave the "it locks shut" excuse, the CO grabbed the lanyard and yanked, ripping open the Grimlock like it wasn't there.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by IZinterrogator View Post
    I'm not so confident in its ability to lock shut. I told one of my troops once to move the lanyard on his NVGs from a Grimlock to his MOLLE loops because the Grimlock wasn't secure enough for my taste. He didn't and sure enough, he lost his NVGs out on a mission at JRTC. A role player returned them to us, fortunately. When the company commander and I called him on the carpet for an ass-chewing and he gave the "it locks shut" excuse, the CO grabbed the lanyard and yanked, ripping open the Grimlock like it wasn't there.
    IIRC Grimlocks are designed to "give" under pressure, I would never use them to secure NODS or anything even close to SI. In fact I only remember using them to secure my camelbak to my ruck, and even then used several.

I used a small carbiner for the PVS-14s and 2 medium carbiners on my IOTV to secure my commo cord/PTT box to my chest on mounted missions.
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yep per the manufactures website the grimlock features a "breakaway" feature. Honestly a good high end locking carabiner is not that expensive or heavy, and will hold anything you want to hook to it.

-Jenrick

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I hang my gloves or goggles on carabiners.
    Low Speed, High Drag Phone Operator

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Here's my PC setup. It is for HD, range and geared toward low level pistol threat. I'm keeping it light, simple, handy and quick to don/doff.

Please keep this spot for my full write up.

Front:
    DBT FAPCII - Coyote Tan - Large
    BDS Tactical basic admin pouch - MC
    TT Triple M4 Mag shingle - MC

Back:
    TAG Small 50oz Hydration Pouch - MC

Armor:
    10x12 Level IIIA Soft Armor panels, front and back

Last edited by Phazuka; 02-21-11 at 15:49.
    Low Speed, High Drag Phone Operator

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Made some mods to my Spartan II setup (Training/SHTF/IRR Recall)

I found that my setup was a little impractical and decided to downgrade it a bit for increased mobility. Switched out the SO Tech IFAK for an HSGI Blowout/Bleeder pouch as it's smaller isn't nearly as bulky. Contains the bare minimum: an Israeli and pressure bandage, trauma sheers, and some latex gloves so I don't get any cooties. I also moved it to my non-dominate side as I freed that up by ditching the BFG Ten Speed Triple pouch. I did add a TT Single Mag pouch so that I have one speed reload available. I also moved my pistol mag pouches down and more central, which combined with slightly longer Glock 17 mags with Magpul Speedplates make for much easier secondary reloads, yet still don't get in the way of primary reloads.
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm not sure if you can call this a "load out" at all. But I plan on using this for training classes and on the range, I just bought it today so I haven't gotten a chance to try it out. I'm merely a civilian, so no hardcore use for me.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Face, How about what it is and why you chose it? It looks like a sub-load.
    -VERITAS VINCIT-

Page 15 of 131 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast