Page 17 of 131 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Gear loadout pics and descriptions

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    I like the simplicity in your setup. Are you going to wear soft armor in your cummerbund?
    Eventually with some rifle plates.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sproing View Post
    I'm wondering if you've run this with that tourniquet on there because it looks like your tourniquet is blocking access to your first rifle mag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    I'm willing to bet that his first mag comes from a belt mounted pouch. I would also bet that when he's wearing it, the mag sticks out farther than the tourniquet.

...and if you read his post, he stated he spent 4 days in a shoot house with this setup.
    Dave is pretty much right with all of his points to include the last part. I usually conduct tactical reloads with a mag from the belt and the emergency reloads come off the carrier.

Feedback Score
    Thanks! Would love to see your first line also.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Redacted
    Last edited by Eric D.; 02-03-12 at 17:11.
    B.A.S. Mechanical Engineering Technology

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sproing View Post
    Thanks! Would love to see your first line also.
    It's a CTOMS X-Belt PS.I'm actually getting ready to trim it down to just the pistol and dump pouch. Also in the future I will probably use a smaller and lighter belt.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Now that I know who is who and what is what and who wS where, I am really sorry I missed that class.

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCKMASTER View Post
    I recently purchased some new kit and I thought I would share pictures of it. The new carrier is an SKD PIG and I chose this carrier because of the quality of the carrier and the great reviews it has been receiving. It's carrying Protech 2120 Stand Alone Level III plates. The mag pouches are Eagle FB pouches which are some of the best in the industry hence why I chose them. The larger first aid kit is an ATS small med pouch and the smaller pouch on the left side is a Blue Force Gear BooBoo pouch. I put a boo boo pouch on the carrier so I could put small first aid items in it so I wouldn't have to dig through my larger kit. The knife is a Strider DB-L in a kydex sheath that is velcroed in a pocket on the carrier. Tourniquet carrier is made by BFG and I chose it because of it's quality and versatility. The back of the carrier is slick.

I just spent four days in a shoot house with this kit and I will have to say that it exceeded my expectations. The only changes I plan on making with the carrier is adding a small hydration carrier on the back.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Now that I know who is who and what is what and who wS where, I am really sorry I missed that class.
    Rob you missed a good one. There will be another class probably in September at the same facility.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

My Current Kit Configuration

My current setup:

Velocity Systems LWPC:
    I have been wearing the VS LWPC for four months straight on a daily basis. My requirement for this vest was that I need it to be low profile. The vest needed to be able to carry extra gear while still maintaining a low signature underneath a cover shirt. The quality of the vest is top notch however, I’m not a big fan of the massive amounts of Velcro used for the attachment of the cummerbund in the front and back. Cummerbund size selection is very important when ordering this vest. Grey Group had to order me another cummerbund in a smaller size.

10-Speed Dual Mag Pouch:
    These pouches are the f$ckin heat. I started using two Tactical Tailor Single Mag Shingles and those also worked great but the Malice clips hung down below the cummerbund and would dig into my side while riding in a vehicle. The best part about using the BFG 10-Speed pouches is that when empty they lay flat. This allows me to utilize the option to throw on a chest rig with a heavier fighting load without having to remove the mag pouches or switch out cummerbunds. The mags are held securely but also come out easily.

Med Gear:
    I have two C.A.T. tourniquets(Gen 2) strapped to the cummerbund on my strong side for easy access by both hands and I still maintain my low profile. The LWPC has a small “Admin” pouch with an opening at the top of vest by your neck area. I keep on packet of Quick Clot Gauze in there (you can never have enough of that shit laying around). I keep more med gear in my HSGI Bleeder Pouch and in my go-bag.

Other Gear/Tools:
    I keep a small red-lens LED light clipped on the front for obvious reasons. I also keep a Benchmade Nim Cub II on the front which is a great lightweight fixed-blade knife. The Nim Cub II comes with a sheath that is a complete piece of shit so I ordered a custom Kydex sheath made by Survival Sheath Systems. It’s a good quality sheath but the maker told me it would take two weeks when it actually took two months. I also keep a Multitasker Tube tool on this vest at all times. This tool is awesome because it’s lightweight, low profile, and very versatile. The ability to use ¼ bits of any brand/type is amazing unlike Leatherman which requires you to purchase their own proprietary bits. A Tube should be in everyone’s “tactical tool kit”. There is also a Black Sharpie in the MOLLE on the cummerbund for various uses. I keep a strip of Velcro on the back of my cell phone so I always have it in reach and not buried in a pocket. The Industrial Strength Velcro (hook side) is great, it doesn’t attach to everything in sight and does not have that scratchy feeling. My VCAS sling has caught the phone a few times never tearing it all the way off. It’s a solid connection. They are not show, but if I go out at night I have NODs/IR/Flashlights/Weapon lights.

Armor:
    DBT Plate Backers with either DBT Steel Plates or Ceradyne Multi-hit Plates.

My belt rig*:
    (*Threaded on the belt in order but only to display what’s on the belt)

Belt: Galco Cop Belt 1.5”. I use it because it works, it’s comfortable, and I would never repel from any belt.

Holster: Kaluban Cloak is a quality holster, but I don’t love it enough to deal with their shitty customer service ever again. I have orders in with Personal Security Systems right now because Steve Stamper is a great American who has a pretty good handle on things (he will also help expedite products to dudes who have a need for them). My PSS holster will have room for an X300.

Mag holders: Comp-Tac singles. These are very low-profile and work well. I will be changing them out to Personal Security Systems holders when I get them.

Frag Pouch: Eagle MOLLE Frag Pouch with a Tactical Tailor belt sleeve that slides over the MOLLE turning it into a more stable belt pouch that wont slide around.

AR Mag Holder: ITW Fast Mag. I was using a Blade-Tech for a couple months but I like the Fast Mag much better. It’s slightly lower profile and will not slide around on a belt. What I don’t like is the rubber band that keeps the tension on the mag holder is a complete piece of shit. They should be using nylon covered elastic or elastic bungee cord. I’m going to experiment with this when I get back to the states.

Med Pouch: HSGI Bleeder Pouch. I love this pouch; I have 2 chem-lights threaded on the MOLLE on one side and a Tactical Tailor Multi-tool pouch on the other side holding a Leatherman MUT(which I could have easily lived without). Inside I have a 4” OLAES bandage (which is another badass addition), decompression needle, NPA, all wrapped in a Bolin Chest Seal. The bulk of my med gear is in a go-bag. I also have the Teflon-coated trauma shears in their proper place.

...and the always tactical Lucky Jeans and Carhartt Hoodie:
    Last edited by Dave L.; 03-04-11 at 14:38. Reason: wording
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Dave that is a very clean, low pro concealable setup. You've done your homework and it shows.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GLOCKMASTER View Post
    Dave that is a very clean, low pro concealable setup. You've done your homework and it shows.
    Thanks man, I'm always experimenting with configurations. I would like to run the Crye JPC, but I'm waiting to see if there will be a cummerbund option that will hold soft armor (MM told me there would be something along those lines).
    I may also try the Mayflower/Velocity Cummerbund that holds soft armor to see how far it makes everything else stick out.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Page 17 of 131 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast