Page 19 of 131 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Gear loadout pics and descriptions

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    Basic is the way to go. Buy a small backpack like the ATS Raid pack or one of the mini BFG DAP-style packs and throw all the extra shit in there that you "might" need/want.
    Exactly the route I'm going...basically all my APC will hold is armor and 3 M4 mags. My belt will have 2 more M4 mags and 2 pistol mags with a small med kit and my sidearm...and possibly a dump pouch (though I'm not really sold on the use of one).

I was thinking of going to the Eagle Yote or something similar for hydro and extra gear storage space...I saw a thread you started about the Yote, Dave. Did you ever pick one up?

Also, thanks Cameleox for the quick review of the BFG pouches...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    I was thinking of going to the Eagle Yote or something similar for hydro and extra gear storage space...I saw a thread you started about the Yote, Dave. Did you ever pick one up?
    I never pulled the trigger on the Yote, but I still want one. Right now the features of the ATS RAID II Pack really appeal to me; being able to mount main fighting components (extra ammo/med gear/frags) to the outside of the pack and throw all the "I might need this" shit on the inside.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    I never pulled the trigger on the Yote, but I still want one. Right now the features of the ATS RAID II Pack really appeal to me; being able to mount main fighting components (extra ammo/med gear/frags) to the outside of the pack and throw all the "I might need this" shit on the inside.

Very true. I am kinda back and forth between the Yote and 5.11 Rush 12. The RAID II is interesting, but might be slightly bigger than what I'm looking for. I already have the Rush 24, so I'm looking for a smaller pack for "just the essentials".
    Last edited by Ironman8; 03-10-11 at 14:56.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I have a question about putting together the Eagle PC I have. I am thinking about using a Mayflower 5.56 Triple Mag insert and inserting it into the Kangaroo pouch of my PC instead of a regular Triple Mag shingle attached to the Molle panel outside of the pouch. I'm wondering about the functionality of that setup though. Has anyone done this before and if so how did it work out for you. I know someone is going to ask what is my intended use for the PC before giving an answer. Let's just assume it's for anything you can think of general use. What would the pro's and con's be when making that comparison between the two. Another question would be accessing mags from the insert. I would think pulling mags wouldn't be a problem but putting mags back into the insert while on the move could be a pain. Where as with a shingle it may be easier. Any advice or personal experiences would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Watrdawg; 03-08-11 at 07:37.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watrdawg View Post
    I have a question about putting together the Eagle PC I have. I am thinking about using a Mayflower 5.56 Triple Mag insert and inserting it into the Kangaroo pouch of my PC instead of a regular Triple Mag shingle attached to the Molle panel outside of the pouch. I'm wondering about the functionality of that setup though. Has anyone done this before and if so how did it work out for you. I know someone is going to ask what is my intended use for the PC before giving an answer. Let's just assume it's for anything you can think of general use. What would the pro's and con's be when making that comparison between the two. Another question would be accessing mags from the insert. I would think pulling mags wouldn't be a problem but putting mags back into the insert while on the move could be a pain. Where as with a shingle it may be easier. Any advice or personal experiences would be appreciated.
    TAG or Shellback has a kangaroo pouch designed for that
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -Some guy not brave enough to put his name on it, so he slapped Jefferson's name on it.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    So does Mayflower. I was wondering if anyone had used an insert and what their experiences were with it.

Feedback Score

Hybrid Pouches

What are people's experience with tac-reloads and some of the different M4 mag pouches? I've been looking at the Eagle FB pouches but they command a premium. What about just the regular Eagle AR mag pouches? Do they offer easy reinsertion of the mag for a tac-reload? I plan on having 4 AR mags and 4 pouches on a PC (one mag per). I do tac-reloads from the right side mags and speed reloads from the left (I'm a righty). Would you guys recommend a full set of FBs (shudder)? This is strictly for training, fun, SHTF. Thanks for your input!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    These are an excellent alternative to the FB pouch, especially for the price: http://prostores2.carrierzone.com/se...a/Detail?no=78

In addition to great passive retention, lower comparative profile, and mouths that stay open for one-handed mag insertion, they are height-adjustable. My current favorites. I'll be getting at least 3 more....IF they ever get more stock in Coyote .

US Grunt Gear makes a similar mag pouch for about the same $$$. Well-made kit, and the guy that makes it can be consulted for possible customization, if desired.

The HSGI Taco pouch also works very well, is about $30ea, and can hold all sorts of things sized and shaped differently than mags....but is a stone bitch to mount/remove. One of the points behind MOLLE is that no tools should be required to put pouches on, so their versatility comes at a price that has nothing to do with cash.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    Thank you JSantoro. Those IAPs look awesome. How would you rate the retention? If I take a tumble, will they stay in? I'm digging the price tag though plus the one handed insertion is paramount for me.

BTW, SKD has em in Coyote.
    Last edited by theprofessor; 03-09-11 at 01:15.

Feedback Score
    Crye Gun-Clip. still testing it out, works best on my plate carrier as opossed to riggers belt.

Page 19 of 131 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast