Page 2 of 130 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Gear loadout pics and descriptions

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gruntinhusaybah View Post
    Thanks for the answers, I'm pretty sold on this setup now
    Can you give me the specs on your rifle? Specifically bbl and rail length

Congratulations btw
    It's a 14.5" M4 Profile bbl with a LaRue 13.2" Rail.
    On it, I've got the following:
    Troy Front and Rear Flip Up Sights
    Aimpoint M4s in LaRue mount
    Magpul XTM Panels
    Surefire 6p LED in LaRue offset mount
    LaRue FUG vfg
    BFG Redi-Mod
    Magpul Battery Assist Device
    Magpul MIAD grip
    Magpul UBR Stock with Enhanced Buttpad

All given a coat of Rustoleum Camo spray paint.

Since this is a gear thread, here's the pics of my previous Chest Rig and Eagle Duty belt setup, which was replaced by my current belt mounted rig.

Here is my chest rig, which is a Diamondback Tactical RACK system. It's very compact, but the mags are a bit tight, hence the Eagle FB pouch for a speed reload. Some might wonder why the pistol mags are on the right, and that's for a good reason, as I'm only going to reload my pistol when my primary is down, and it lays towards the center of my chest, I keep the mags on right for easier access. And of course, an Emdom mini-medic pouch is for GP storage. This rig worked quite well for a long time, until I finally got some sense and decided 6 mags was a bit much for the range and I needed to keep my reloads and secondary on the same line.

This is the belt rig to accompany the chest rig above, and it also worked well. I used an eagle SAS dump pouch mounted on my thigh for retaining mags, and my trusty 6004 is seen in its pre-Krylon glory. I'd still be using the SAS pouch mounted on my belt if it weren't for the fact I'm only managing 4 mags now instead of 9. A good belt to be sure, just that my requirements and attitudes towards what I wanted out of my gear happened to change.
    Last edited by BushmasterFanBoy; 10-15-09 at 17:30.
    Aimpoint M4S- Because your next Aimpoint battery hasn't been made yet.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Ill be your huckelberry. My current AS/Warrant rig V2. Eagle Ind. PC , ATS triple/triple, BFG Ten-Speed and TQ Now, Surefire Helmet light , CAT. BOK is seperate CSM gear waistpack

It works out well for my needs. It carries the basics that I need for an active shooter, bullets, bangs and bandaids.I dont usually have a need for a a full vest like my RAV so this fills the niche. Although I am really digging the Mayflower vest to maybe replace this in the future. Originally there was a PC TX3 where the ATS rides now but I let another officer use that for his vest.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Training rig

I use the chest rig to back-feed my belt pouch or my Redimod attached to the gun, or both. I prefer to use my regular carry rig for my pistol and add one carbine magazine to the belt. I do not see a chest rig as a fighting loadout for me as a non-LE civilian. Read more about my take on this here.

Left to right

Feedback Score
    hey john,
    i like the way you did your pistol mag pouch, where did you get the panel you have them mounted to?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I like this thread. Get a chance to see what/why folks are running.
    "Buy once, cry once. Or not. Many of you will undoubtedly be zombies one day. I'd prefer if you were zombies with sub-par gear."

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VMI-MO View Post
    Rob,
    Are you using the rescue hook for a tool to deal with malfunctions?

PJ
    No. I have never used it for anything, but the intent is to use it to cut away gear, clothes, etc. if I needed to.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VMI-MO View Post
    Dan from VTAC demonstrated a technique of using it as a lever to create space and to pull a bolt to the rear on certian types of malfunctions.

PJ
    I've done this with the flathead on a Leatherman tool and a stout fixed blade knife like a Strider. In fact it's what initially let me to attaching a Strider to my old rig at one time.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Range Loadout

Rig:

ATS War Belt

ATS War Belt Insert Belt

Component Description (counter-clockwise):

Blade-Tech Single Magazine Pouch with Tek-Lok

Eagle M4 Single + 9mm Double Open Top Pouch Molle (FB)

Eagle M4 Double Mag Pouch Molle

Maxpedition Dump Pouch - Rollypoly

Tactical Tailor Medic Pouch

Blade-Tech Tactical Light Holster w/DOH SR Loop

Maxpedition Double Sheath

Rationale:

I assembled this belt rig to support carbine training at shooting schools and during range practice. It has a secondary role in a high-risk situation if I ever need to arm myself with a carbine. The Blade-Tech mag pouch and holster allow for very smooth, rapid pistol transitions and emergency reloads.

The M4 open top pouch serves as my emergency carbine reload. Additional pistol magazine carriage is available, situation dependent. The dump pouch is sized right (smaller is better for me in this case) and attaches directly to the belt. The medical pouch is large and holds more than the bare bones. The double sheath carries a flashlight and multi-tool, or additional pistol magazines or weapon lubricant.

I may add a fixed blade with a kydex sheath behind the holster, and I may swap the + 9mm Double Open Top Pouch to an M4 Single Mag Pouch Molle (FB) to reduce bulk. The belt is primarily to support my carbine, so pistol mag carriage is a secondary role.

Hat-tip to panzerr for pioneering the "dropped and offset" holster concept: http://m4carbine.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=174

Feedback Score

LE Loadout

Tactical Tailor HEV
    Eagle Triple M4 Mag Pouch
    Emdom BOMB
    Maxpedition Haffafug Admin Panel
    Tactical Tailor Single Pistol Mag Pouches (mag in one, Surefire in another)
    Blue Force Gear Modular Vest Strap

Tactical Tailor Duty Belt
    Safariland 6004 on Tactical Shroud (single strap)
    Sig 229 with TLR-1

Remington 870
    H&K MP5N
    RRA 14.5

The HEV has been great, been running it since May or June of this year. It's a great option if you're not issued BALCS cut armor. We're issued First Choice soft armor and it fits the in the HEV perfectly. Additionally, the ability to add plates is huge. I needed something that I could wear for a long period of time comfortably, yet have the ability to carry all that I would need. This was as close to a CIRAS like setup that we could get and have it work for us.

I just picked up the Haffafug, I was looking for a small admin panel that wouldn't take up much room. This carries what I need (knife, multitool, a few pens and a pad) and allows me to mount pouches on it so I'm not overloading the vest or taking up too much space.

The Emdom BOMB is a great piece of kit. I tried a few other medical pouches and decided this one was the best for me. It has PALS on the outside so it's stackable and the inside was perfect for what I carry in it (Kerlix, gauze, shears, quickclot, some 3x4's and gloves).

The Eagle triple M4 mag pouch is great, it provides good retention (for hands on or tackling if necessary..) and I generally carry 3 mags on entries or for arrest operations.

There's a TT MP5 pouch in the last pic which I switch off to if I'm carrying the MP5 for something, it holds two mags and is really well built. Can add two of those to the vest after removing the Eagle.

I switched over my Safariland to the tactical shroud instead of trying to mod my original Safariland shroud....figured there was less chance I could screw it up this way , and I wouldn't go back. I like that the holster sits higher and still allows for vest clearance and transitions.

Pretty simple, but works well for my needs.

JC

North of the border between the US and Miami
    Feedback Score
    JC, how did you find the sizing on the HEV? I hear it runs VERY large...

Page 2 of 130 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast