Page 22 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Gear loadout pics and descriptions

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Nice set up Steve-oh, now all you've gotta do is Krylon that NODS base plate...
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kchen986 View Post

Put the pistol mags higher up. I had the pistol mags in front of my carbine mags, but during emergency pistol reloads I kept on grabbing the carbine mags (major Herp Derp).

Put the admin pouch on my strong side with a couple of loose knick-knacks in there. 9-line cards, etc. are in there. The pouch is nice and thin so it won't interfere with my pistol draw.

Rig has built in MBITR pouches at the 10 & 2 o clock positions (in the cumberbund.)

Small bleeder kit in a double mag pouch mounted on the chest (including TQ and israeli bandage).

The padded GP pouch is empty.

The double mag pouch in front is empty for use as a GP pouch, or to plus up to 7 mags on chest, if necessary.

Hydro carrier on rear.

I should probably lighten it even more, but I'll leave it as is, for now.

Any feedback greatly appreciated.
    Who makes the PC??

Feedback Score
    Looks like an LBT 6094

Feedback Score
    Kchen that's a nice rig, looks very new tho

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogfish View Post
    Those secondary mags in the Tacos? If so, they appear to be oriented rounds facing back. Do what works for you, but I believe they ought to be the other way around.

Feedback Score
    If I move naturally to insert the mag with forward facing rounds I will insert the mag backwards. grabbing the mag with forward facing rounds to insert it properly forces my to grab my mag at an awkward angle. With them facing back I can just manhandel them.

Also keeping the end of the mag not directly in my control out and away from my body keeps it from getting caught on anything on my person like my primary, sling, or PC.
    Last edited by Frogfish; 04-04-11 at 12:31.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Also keeping the end of the mag not directly in my control out and away from my body keeps it from getting caught on anything on my person like my primary, sling, or PC.
    Dont understand. What end of the mag are you talking about, baseplate or lips? And is this while it is in the pouch or live in your hand?

I would advise against beercanning secondary mags, or manhandling them, as you put it. Again, do what works for you, but I think you will find that indexing a rounds-forward mag will allow you to more reliably find your magwell. You can place your index finger tip right on the front of the magwell and drive it up. This grip is also more consistent with and prevalent in common CCW setups. I have never heard anyone call it awkward until today.

Feedback Score
    I mean the lips, how would I not have control over the base of the mag?

I do beer can it because I've never had an issue getting my mag into my weapon, but then again I've never shot in stressful situations. If I were to beer can my mags, it would make me twist my wrist in a very odd manner with forward facing rounds.

I can see how indexing would work better with forward facing rounds, but I have never tried it, no-one has suggested I do. I will next time I go to the range.
    Last edited by Frogfish; 04-04-11 at 12:46.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I can see how indexing would work better with forward facing rounds, but I have never tried it, no-one has suggested I do. I will next time I go to the range.
    Out of curiosity, who trained you to carry your pistol mags that way?

Feedback Score
    No-one, I've just been trying things and so far this has been the way that worked the best for me.

I just go to the range with friends and we run drills, mostly they comment on where I should go and how to take shots, not really ever addressed my mag changes except for when I was learning how to use my AR.
    Last edited by Frogfish; 04-04-11 at 12:55.

Page 22 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast