Page 26 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast

Thread: Gear loadout pics and descriptions

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by goose71 View Post
    Here's my DIY patrol setup. I got sick of all the OTV carriers for my body armor being so hot and overbuilt, so I busted out the sewing machine, bought some 1000d nylon and some strong-ass webbing and went to town.

Then I threw some Blackhawk mag and admin pouches and a BlueforceGear 10-speed AR pouch.

Sorry for the crappy pics, my wife's iphone is pissed at me.

Nice Job!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Making a change.
    Last edited by Junglist; 05-25-11 at 10:50.

Feedback Score
    My basic chest rig. Primary use is for when I work communications sweep and secondary for emergency responses.

Attachment 8604

5.11 Chest Rig
    5.11 Radio Pouch (w/CCATT Patch)
    5.11 6X6 GP Pouch
    Benchmade Rescue Hook
    Double Mag Pouch (TQ/Flashlight)
    Grimlock
    Flasher

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Military Combat Loadout

First post, long time lurker. Currently deployed to south eastern Afghanistan up in the mountains.

Plate Carrier:
    London Bridge Trading Company 6094B plate carrier in coyote tan

Pouches:
    LBT triple dual mag pouch (1st pic)
    LBT triple mag pouch insert (2nd pic)
    LBT single mag pouch x2 (2nd pic)
    LBT smoke grenade pouch
    LBT Pop Flare Pouch
    LBT Frag Grenade Pouch
    BDS Tactical IFAK pouch
    EMDOM Dump Pouch
    Camel Back Joey Hydration Pouch
    Tactical Command Industries antenna relocation kit
    Wolf Hook

Great Plate Carrier, same one used by seals. Has a nice "shooters" cut and does not interfere with your stock when you shoulder your weapon. Holds 6x8 side plates as well as standard ESAPI plates in the front and back. Has three built in pouches (one kanagroo admin pouch on the front panel, and two side ones on the cumberbun). The two side pouches are excellent, they keep items low profile along your side, so you dont have to have an additional radio pouch. Right now I keep one magazine in there and then my MBITR radio in the other (can also carry a PRC152 tacsat radio, or your M9 in there as well there). IFAK pouch is basic and works well for me, and the smaller hydration pouch is great. Overall the carrier stays tight to your body and doesn't move, and the plates actually sit where they are suppose too! The Emdom dump pouch is the best one i've used, and i just wear it on my riggers belt. Bottom line, it is one of the top notch plate carriers out there, and well priced.

I also carry a Benchmade knife in my right pants pocket, extra torniqet in my lower right leg pocket, and an extra ETB and gauze my lower left pocket

image uploading

post image wordpress
    Last edited by 11am1a; 06-05-11 at 07:39.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Nice! I just started wearing a 6094B and love it too. You're lucky your unit let's you get away with wearing body armor that's actually practical overseas... asshole.
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Feedback Score
    I put this together for LLVI training.

Basics: mags, IFAK, light, multi-tool, folding knife and other miscellaneous stuff. I need an MBITR and AR 8200 pouch and will probably go with 4 bungee mag pouches when it is all said and done. I don't like bulky pouches above my rifle mags, but that is just me. No provisions for pistol mags, because we wont have any.

Velcro'ed on the inside of the carrier is an IR flag for when the sun goes down.

Armor carrier is Evolution armor systems. Bungee pouches are by a local weaver with true Multicam material. Everything else is issue.

Zip ties are PRD-13 related. Chem lights are just in case items if there are any issues on the team during night time training. I also use them to mark where I crap.

Odds are the set up will get more complex as training reveals new needs. Right now it's all about the bare essentials.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by variablebinary; 06-21-11 at 23:29.
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

LE Active Shooter

Long time lurker, first post, glad to be here.

-Eagle LE PC w/ cummerbund: Met personal requirements for quality, price point, ID space, and convertability (w/ or w/o cummerbund)
    -Armor Express 10x12 Aries LVL III+ plates: Weight played a key role in this decision, after selection of appropriate threat level.
    -Eagle double mag pouch: up front in same position as mags on duty belt
    -Tactical Tailor shotgun panel: ergonomic position for reloads
    -Eagle AR pouch: oh S**t! mag (after 60 rds on the gun)
    -Eagle misc. pouches: Stramlight P2TL and multitool.
    -ATS med kit: Easily deployable for myself and can be passed to others due to hook and loop backing. Benchmade rescue hook positioned behind it.
    -CAT tq: on Tourniquet Now strap
    -Eagle admin: snacks, lube, small parts, writing utensils
    -EGL Loppy dump pouch- Personal policy of keeping back slick leads to placement on support side.
    -Flex-cuffs and chemlights also on vest.
    -Rear of vest is slick for vehicle operation
    -Right side kept nearly slick for drawstroke clearance

Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    So I gotta hijack and tell you those pictures look badass, what kind of camera/post processing did you use/do? Could you PM me if you don't want to derail this thread.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Paramedico138 View Post

TAG chest rig
    mixture of TT and TAG pouches
    Gerber LMF II
    HK USP 40
    black hawk serpa
    marconi h455 radio coms and head set
    blow out kit
    Are you in LE? If so, is this a mission specific setup or something you wear regularly?

I'm LE myself and I'd imagine having a gun right there on my chest would be a really good way to have it come into play during a scuffle. Especially if you carry one on your belt too. If you're not LE or use it for a specific mission, this may not be an issue.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by J8127 View Post
    So I gotta hijack and tell you those pictures look badass, what kind of camera/post processing did you use/do? Could you PM me if you don't want to derail this thread.
    Thanks! I used a 12.1mp Canon PowerShot SX200IS I picked up at Costco. Photos were taken on one of our many overcast days we have in PNW so there were no shadows or washout from the sun.

I don't use flash in favor of natural light and that is really the key, I think. After the pics were taken I ran them through Paint Shop Pro X2 and played with each option under the "Enhance Photo" tab until I found the look I wanted.

I've taken maybe 100 "artistic" photos so that shows you it ain't too hard to make something out of a once boring photo with a few clicks of the mouse.
    Last edited by nadler20; 06-22-11 at 01:59.
    Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.

Page 26 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast