Page 29 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: Gear loadout pics and descriptions

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BearClaw Bigsby View Post
    well of course it is going to sag when that idiot has 2 triple mag pouches set up on top of each other. It would not sag like that if that jackass has any common sense when it comes to setting up his kit, and disperse the weight around.

not only that, he has the weight of his M4 resting on the mag pouches as well, adding another 8ish lbs
    Well yeah, the front fabric is sagging from that. But you can also see how bad the "cummerbund" is sagging as well from the use of the buckles and not a more secure method like just about every single other PC out there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    well of course it is going to sag when that idiot has 2 triple mag pouches set up on top of each other. It would not sag like that if that jackass has any common sense when it comes to setting up his kit, and disperse the weight around.

not only that, he has the weight of his M4 resting on the mag pouches as well, adding another 8ish lbs
    Real classy there guy, who are you?

He's talking about the side plates, which sag below the belt sometimes without anything attached. The Army's PC is a horrible piece of shit no matter what you do with it.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    It would not sag like that if that jackass has any common sense when it comes to setting up his kit, and disperse the weight around.
    If it's the KDH plate carrier (I'm guessing, since there's no photo posted in the quoted post) without something like the Mayflower add-on c-bunn....yes, yes it would.

The plate pockets are too far back...making the sag they exhibit under the load of what they're supposed to carry (i.e., the side SAPIs) alone an academic "huh, how about THAT?" since they don't protect the organs they're supposed to..., and the buckle closure/adjust isn't rigid enough to keep things where they should be (were they not already too far back), in addition to that titanic gap with no soft or hard armor.

The kid in question is not the jackass.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    The rig does look rather bodged up, but photo is kinda small and not expandable so it's not too clear on my computer.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    If it's the KDH plate carrier (I'm guessing, since there's no photo posted in the quoted post) without something like the Mayflower add-on c-bunn....yes, yes it would.

The plate pockets are too far back...making the sag they exhibit under the load of what they're supposed to carry (i.e., the side SAPIs) alone an academic "huh, how about THAT?" since they don't protect the organs they're supposed to..., and the buckle closure/adjust isn't rigid enough to keep things where they should be (were they not already too far back), in addition to that titanic gap with no soft or hard armor.

of course the side straps aren't going to get tight enough when they are trying to hold his beer belly in as well. I agree it is a poor design to begin with, but the fact that the guy is overweight and has 20lbs resting on the front just exacerbates the problem.
    "Make friends with pain, and you will never be alone."

Feedback Score

This guy. No lateral coverage at all. The KDH carrier is pretty horrific compared to the other options out there. Why not the BAE RBAV for example or Eagle MBAV?

Last edited by variablebinary; 07-07-11 at 21:43.
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Thanks, V. Uh-huh, as I thought.

Conceding that that carrier is WAY out of adjustment and being worn wrong (the front plate alone is about 3-4" below the notch at the base of the throat, where it's supposed to be...screw comfort levels, NONE of that shit is comfortable, only varying degrees of UNcomfortable for the sake of protection), Isaak Newton is now clawing at the top of his coffin, trying to get out and lay waste to people that can't assimilate middle-school science. Who knew that the zombie apocalypse would begin with the Natural Philosophers shambling about grandma-stomping those with a glaring misunderstanding of physics?

Weight on the FRONT plate pocket and the dubious inclusion of a food-blister that may or may not exist does not make the SIDE plate pockets sag. If the howevermanypounds of stuff (apparently, 6 magazines = 20#, these days...) on the front is making anything sag, it'd put the front plate BELOW the sides.

I apologize to all who are distressed by this in advance, BUT...gravity just doesn't work that way. It doesn't arbitrarily transfer its effects to another mass. As a theoretical construct and the basis of an argumentative point, it makes about as much sense as claiming to be able to make it to the moon by squatting, putting your head between your knees and spitting real, real hard. THINK!

Put an add-on c-bunn on that thing, the plate sag goes away (by putting the side plates in the c-bunn so they can be put where they should be in the first damned place) and you have the option of putting soft armor in it to kinda-sorta make up for any gaps that exist immediately behind the front plate pocket. Even THAT presupposes that one isn't hemmed in by a "uniformity for the sake of uniformity" CoC and the ridiculous appearance-based SOPs they hand down.

The jackass is STILL whomever it was that signed off on that design. Bloody appalling, especially given the plethora of far better options that are COTS available.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    Thanks, V. Uh-huh, as I thought.

Conceding that that carrier is WAY out of adjustment and being worn wrong (the front plate alone is about 3-4" below the notch at the base of the throat, where it's supposed to be...screw comfort levels, NONE of that shit is comfortable, only varying degrees of UNcomfortable for the sake of protection), Isaak Newton is now clawing at the top of his coffin, trying to get out and lay waste to people that can't assimilate middle-school science. Who knew that the zombie apocalypse would begin with the Natural Philosophers shambling about grandma-stomping those with a glaring misunderstanding of physics?
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Here are some pictures of my work in progress loadout. I'm a Forward Observer so I've been tailoring my gear to that role, I intend to use this for carbine classes as well once I have the funds.

So far I have: PIG PC, I plan on getting the side plate pouches for at least soft armor panels, or just swap cummerbunds.
    Tactical Tailor 3 mag 20round mag shingle, I wanted a better grip on the mags than the other pouches offer.
    Fastmag for my speed reload.
    TT multi-purpose pouch to hold binos, compass, protractor, and all the other odds n ends of the job
    all mounted to a TT MAP

I also have a TT dump pouch that will go on the infidel belt once I get that along with a blade tech holster, grayman suenami knife, two pistol mag pouches and my IFAK.

I also plan on getting an ARES Armor combat pack that will hold my water, ASIP radio, LRF, and everything else I may need. I also plan on getting some soft armor panels and plates for the rig, again, as funds become available.

I used the PIG for some CLS training at drill this past weekend and was picked up and carried by the shoulder straps of the PC and it didn't even creak or anything under my weight (not that its a lot)

Overall, I went with the MAP so I could run the PC free of any pouches if the situation calls for it, early spring of '07 we had to wear our IBAs and helmets at all times outdoors on the FOB I was stationed on and it was so much easier without the extra weight of the ammo and other gear. I decided on the MAP over the MAV as it attaches more secure to the PC and doesn't move around on me.

So far I'm like the set up, I may change things once I get some plates into it and actually run some drills, but I don't forsee and major changes. I'm running less ammo than before, the least amount I'd feel comfortable going out on patrol with, but I wouldn't be doing my job if I have to use my rifle this time around pretty much.

Here is a pic of my old setup, what I used on my last deployment, minus the IBA with pistol mounted just below the name tape.
    Last edited by rero360; 07-26-11 at 13:16.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 29 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast