Page 3 of 130 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Gear loadout pics and descriptions

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretNY View Post
    JC, how did you find the sizing on the HEV? I hear it runs VERY large...
    I didn't think so.

I was issued First Choice 3A panels and I would be a size large in armor. My shirt size is large or XL, so I'm not a really big guy (5'9", 190).

At the time when I ordered mine, the HEV only came in L/XL, now they make a S/M as well. I traced my panels and sent them to TT and they told me I was good to go for the L/XL HEV. My panels fit in there great and I'm able to adjust the HEV to fit nice and snug. If need be, I could leave the vest closed and put it on over my head and be ready to go quickly if I didn't want to undo the velcro and close it back up again....which is nice because I work in plain clothes and don't always wear my vest.

There isn't a tremendous amount of adjustment because you are dealing with a cummerbund type of vest, but you could technically overlap the cummerbund in the front to really pull it tighter, but I would think if that were needed, the size S/M would be the best bet.

Overall, I'm really happy with it and glad I went in that direction. Can't say enough good things about it.

Hope this helps (and makes sense).

JC

Feedback Score
    Blue Force Gear Belt and suspenders
    Kershaw Responder Rescue Knife
    VooDoo Tactical 3 mag M-4 Pouch
    VooDoo Tactical Pistol Mag Pouches (2)
    Dump Bag
    First Aid Kit
    General Purpose Pouch
    Kydex Glock Holster on a home made MOLLE holder

Carolina Smoke and Guns
    Licensed Class 3 Firearms Dealer
    Consulting on NFA Items

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Interesting choice of fixed blade!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Katar View Post
    Interesting choice of fixed blade!
    it is an awesome knife, stays super sharp has a nice hook on it for cutting webbing, just no point. Use it for climbing too.
    Carolina Smoke and Guns
    Licensed Class 3 Firearms Dealer
    Consulting on NFA Items

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have two questions.

Bushmasterfanboy, does the Eagle duty belt require the use of a velcro inner belt and belt keepers? Will the Eagle duty belt fit through the loops on common pants such as jeans?

JC5611, do you happen to know if the HEV is available to non LE? I am in fact LE, but it won't be an agency or work purchase.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CGSteve View Post
    I have two questions.

Bushmasterfanboy, does the Eagle duty belt require the use of a velcro inner belt and belt keepers? Will the Eagle duty belt fit through the loops on common pants such as jeans?

JC5611, do you happen to know if the HEV is available to non LE? I am in fact LE, but it won't be an agency or work purchase.

Thanks
    CGSteve.....the HEV is available for individual purchase. TT only restricts the sale of the armor to LE, but the HEV carrier is good to go for civilian purchase.

Stay safe

JC

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JC5611 View Post
    CGSteve.....the HEV is available for individual purchase. TT only restricts the sale of the armor to LE, but the HEV carrier is good to go for civilian purchase.

Stay safe

JC
    Thanks for the quick response. I am going to check out the description on their site, but ask you also since you own and use it.

How does it don and doff? I'd prefer it to don similar to a Point Blank vest like the mil issue. And does it have MOLLE webbing all around?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CGSteve View Post
    Thanks for the quick response. I am going to check out the description on their site, but ask you also since you own and use it.

How does it don and doff? I'd prefer it to don similar to a Point Blank vest like the mil issue. And does it have MOLLE webbing all around?
    The molle goes all the way around, plenty of real estate for pouches. I removed the internal cummerbund and set it up so that I can throw it on over my head without opening up the sides and re-cinching everything up. I'm plain clothes, so I like to be able to throw it on quickly if necessary.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    How do you like the quality of the ATS belt? I figured for my non-LE self that it would be more than adequate vs. A BFG belt. Does it hold up well for what you're using it for?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Katar View Post

Rig:

ATS War Belt

ATS War Belt Insert Belt

Component Description (counter-clockwise):

Blade-Tech Single Magazine Pouch with Tek-Lok

Eagle M4 Single + 9mm Double Open Top Pouch Molle (FB)

Eagle M4 Double Mag Pouch Molle

Maxpedition Dump Pouch - Rollypoly

Tactical Tailor Medic Pouch

Blade-Tech Tactical Light Holster w/DOH SR Loop

Maxpedition Double Sheath

Rationale:

I assembled this belt rig to support carbine training at shooting schools and during range practice. It has a secondary role in a high-risk situation if I ever need to arm myself with a carbine. The Blade-Tech mag pouch and holster allow for very smooth, rapid pistol transitions and emergency reloads.

The M4 open top pouch serves as my emergency carbine reload. Additional pistol magazine carriage is available, situation dependent. The dump pouch is sized right (smaller is better for me in this case) and attaches directly to the belt. The medical pouch is large and holds more than the bare bones. The double sheath carries a flashlight and multi-tool, or additional pistol magazines or weapon lubricant.

I may add a fixed blade with a kydex sheath behind the holster, and I may swap the + 9mm Double Open Top Pouch to an M4 Single Mag Pouch Molle (FB) to reduce bulk. The belt is primarily to support my carbine, so pistol mag carriage is a secondary role.

Hat-tip to panzerr for pioneering the "dropped and offset" holster concept: http://m4carbine.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=174

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Here is my current setup. I originally was running an Eagle Ciras and found it to be a little too big and restrictive. I recently picked up an Eagle quick release Plate carrier and found it to be a cross between the MARCIRAS and Eagle plate carrier. The release system is the exact same as the MARCIRAS and allows for easy adjustment. The Release system allows you to route the cable through the front top like the ciras or off to the right or left side, out of the way. All an all another win for Eagle, I’m not sure if this will become a production model or was just a demo but this would have been a great alternative to the Army’s KDH plate carrier (just sayin).

1st Line
    -TAG padded MOLLE patrol belt
    - ICE double quick draw pouch
    - Khaki unknown dump pouch

2nd Line
    - Eagle industries Quick Release plate carrier S/M with Small ESAPI’s
    - 2X Eagle FB M4 mag pouch
    - 3X Eagle open top mag pouch
    - 1X Eagle double M4 mag pouch
    - 1X S.O. Tech IFAK
    - 1X Eagle Canteen/GP pouch
    - 1X TT 1V pouch
    - PACA Low Vis armor carrier w/ small BALCS armor.

Last edited by texas12; 01-01-11 at 17:28.

Page 3 of 130 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast