Page 52 of 131 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: Gear loadout pics and descriptions

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I went from a loaded Eagle PC, simply because it mirrored my military load out, to the current low pro loadout now. The chest rig is rarely worn as I can supplement magazines to my belt. Generally, 2-3 magazines are enough for me, but in my SHTF fantasies I see myself donning the chest rig. The chest rig is an Ares Armor Atalanta light in ATACS, I cant see myself needing much more.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Good simple setup. Curious how the BFG TQ Now is holding up on the HSGI Bleeder? Since I couldn't fully weave it to the pouch mine is held on with rubber bands and the two BFG TQ Now are mounted on my PC.

Just curious how well it's staying in place.

Thanks.
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Had one for about 3 years, now, on a HSGI Bleeder mounted to a PC. Rolled around in a bunch of stuff for the first 2, lots of abuse, not so much for the last year. The thing's staying in place.

The only thing I'd say to look out for is to put the thingamabob that holds the windlass directly within one of the two elastic bands to keep it from being totally open to the environment. Otherwise, the velcro on the TK can get fouled by silty mud, powdery dust, etc.

Given the choice, I'll keep a TK in a pouch (a Ten-Speed AR single is great for this), OR make a habit of inspecting/replacing the TK as needed if it's exposed. Not such a big deal if it's not prone to getting particularly dirty....
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SWATcop556 View Post
    Good simple setup. Curious how the BFG TQ Now is holding up on the HSGI Bleeder? Since I couldn't fully weave it to the pouch mine is held on with rubber bands and the two BFG TQ Now are mounted on my PC.

Just curious how well it's staying in place.

Thanks.
    I have no experience with it as of yet. The TQ holder will stay in place, but will actually come out when you draw the TQ, otherwise I cant imagine it budging. HSGI uses the 3 throw Molle webbing that mirrors the dimensions of 2 row Eagle Molle webbing. The BFG TQ NOW! was designed for the spaced out 3 row webbing similar to the Eagle style.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    I went from a loaded Eagle PC, simply because it mirrored my military load out, to the current low pro loadout now. The chest rig is rarely worn as I can supplement magazines to my belt. Generally, 2-3 magazines are enough for me, but in my SHTF fantasies I see myself donning the chest rig. The chest rig is an Ares Armor Atalanta light in ATACS, I cant see myself needing much more.

That's my exact setup only in atacs(belt), raven holster (about to get a gcode mule) and the addition of a ares dump bag
    Last edited by mikeith; 01-14-13 at 16:18.

Feedback Score
    MIL gear with personal gear, for training, camping, SHTF anything.

RIG: TAG Marine Gladiator chest rig in ranger green, (Tourniquet, TAG double pistol mag pouch, admin rampage pouch, ATS medical pouch, TAG mini pouch)

BAG: CamelBak BFM in foliage green (Blackhawk double M4 mag pouch and Double pistol mag pouch)

OTHER: Blackhawk drop leg holster, ESEE 5 with molle sheath.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Just a group photo
    [IMG][/IMG]

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    I have read quite a bit through this thread, other than that my research has been limited. Awhile back I decided to go with a 'battle belt'. My goal with the battle belt was to be able to put it on quickly and have enough ammunition for two weapons, my main AR-15 and my secondary M&P40. Finding a holster was a challenge as I had to have a WML, Surefire X300. I went with a Armordillo Concealment. The muzzle is cut out because I practice with my M&P22 which has a threaded barrel and I often use my suppressor on it. I went with the HSGI SureGrip belt and two rifle TACOs and three pistol TACOs. Instead of going with the double decker TACOs, I just made them double decker. Also on the belt are two HSGI universal pistol mag pouches, one holds an extra mag in front of the pistol and the other holds a multitool, MultiTasker. This belt holds what I think I would need in a grab and go quick defense scenario. I have thought about adding a knife, SOG Seal Pup is what I have also a Brous Triple Threat, but placement has been challenging. I want to have the things on my belt not impede my maneuverability or ability to drive a vehicle. Also, I should add some sort of blowout ifak kit. I haven't the proper training to use one yet, but not having one is worse than having and not knowing how to use it IMO. I'll learn someday, until then I am shopping around.
    The plate carrier I wanted as a protective measure in case I ever took a class that required one, USSA in Tulsa has a shoot house and they may offer training that requires a PC. The PC is the Mayflower Assault Plate Carrier (APC). Inside are two Velocity Systems Shooters Cut Ceramic Level IV Stand Alone plates purchased from Appalachian Training. On the APC is a BFG Ten Speed double pistol mag pouch and a BFG Ten Speed double rifle mag pouch. Also an Esstac KYWI Single M4/12 gauge pouch. Inserted in the APC's kangaroo pouch is a Mayflower Kangaroo mag pouch that holds an additional three rifle mags.
    This should fit my 'needs' while being affordable, durable, fairly lightweight, and able to carry enough ammunition to fulfill any troubles I might encounter. six pistol mags, eight rifle mags.

Last edited by Wormydog1724; 01-19-13 at 17:11.
    http://www.youtube.com/wormydog1724

Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz
    This isn't "Ihuntcoyotes.com.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Minuteman loadout

Thought I would post an update on my loadout. I ordered three tall KYWI's to replace the shorty's that were on my PC, because I loved the everything about the KYWI design but wanted something more solid. I wanted to get a battle belt because I didn't want to be PC dependent, and I wanted something very quick to put on that would have extra mags and a trauma kit for HD. Ended up getting a HSGI suregrip padded belt and inner belt with the cobra buckle and putting my shorty's on the battle belt. I also decided to include a PIG drop-slider one-point bungee sling with my order, because I found my VTAC padded two-point, although a great sling, to be a pretty restrictive when wearing armor. I must say, this sling is the bomb! It works exactly as advertised, bringing the rifle down to your side during a secondary transition, instead of thwackin' you right in the dangling participles. Anyway, back to the belt, admittedly I don't have a ton of experience with battle belts, but this thing is FANTASTIC. The neoprene material on the inside has an almost gel-like feel to it (think wrist supporting mouse pad) and it is also VERY grippy on fabric, as in "for the love of God, I couldn't get this thing to shift around if I wanted to!" grippy. Other things I love about this belt are that it has a removable plastic stiffener, tree rows of webbing, and hook and loop lining so the inner belt doesn't shift around.

Over all I'm 100% more happy with my loadout post changes.

From left to right on the belt: pistol KYWI x2, shorty AR KYWI x2, trauma kit, Trojan Tactical holster, Letherman MUT.
    Last edited by HaydenB; 01-19-13 at 21:01.

Feedback Score
    66 (100%)
    HaydenB, I think you just made me spend some money. I really like your belt set up.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    - Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoveskeFan View Post
    HaydenB, I think you just made me spend some money. I really like your belt set up.
    Haha thanks.

Page 52 of 131 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast