Page 63 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast

Thread: Gear loadout pics and descriptions

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek33 View Post
    Im jealous of alot of the opportunities people in this thread have to train. Unfortunately I cannot afford most training courses or even shooting with the current cost of ammo. Let alone wearing any kind of carrier at a range here in Massachusetts is almost a guarantee to be made fun of.
    That sucks your behind enemy lines. I accidentally wondered into mass the other week when i was following my GPS to go shooting up in maine. Didnt see a sign or anything, just saw a Massachusetts state trooper on the side of the road and almost shit my pants. I had my AR, high cap mags, glocks ext ext. Not to mention i was still ccing my glock cuz i thought i was in NH. Hate it down there.

If you ever get some cash check out NEshooters.com. They bring in instructors to nh like Vickers, Hackathorn, kyle lamb, pincus, shivworks ext. Took a vickers class through them last summer and it was awesome.

About getting made fun of. I'm a pretty good shooter so if anyone at the range makes fun of me for "playing army" or whatever. I just tell them that "I only wear it incase one of you retards accidentally shoots me."
    Quote Originally Posted by skd_tactical View Post
    It's a shot in the dark ... I have a better chance of guessing when my wife will be mad for no reason.
    "If your not using an aimpoint, you need to take a ****ing piss test." -LAV

Feedback Score
    Most of my setup adjustments have been made just from dry fire practice drills in the backyard.
    Dry fire drills in the back yard will get you a long way towards proficiency and understanding your gear- nothing wrog with that.

I have a smooth consistent draw, not because of any class but from practicing dozens of times a week in the living room, same with mag changes from my gear- both CCW and chest rig.
    Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans and must be that of every free state. - T. Jefferson

EVERYCITIZENASOLDIER.org

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I appreciate alot of the advice and criticism in this thread. Im new to plate and armor carriers and can use all the advice available.

My excuse for a mirror shot is my ar500 plates have not come in yet so my carrier has no support to stand up on its own.

Are shemaghs really out of style!? Shucks. I like those! Lol

Im jealous of alot of the opportunities people in this thread have to train. Unfortunately I cannot afford most training courses or even shooting with the current cost of ammo. Let alone wearing any kind of carrier at a range here in Massachusetts is almost a guarantee to be made fun of.

Most of my setup adjustments have been made just from dry fire practice drills in the backyard.
    I think a lot of us are in the same boat as you, or at least us civilians. I have been blessed to have military buddies that take me out and train me, otherwise I'd be on my own and am sometimes. If you don't have ammo to practice with, practice those movements and get them down. Practice each movement at least a thousand times. After that, it starts to become muscle memory. You need not to worry about what other people think. If you still like the shemaghs, use it. You NEED to train with whatever gear you will be using for whatever reason, so you shouldn't worry about being made fun of. When I do go out without my military buddies, in my gear, I do get funny looks and people point and laugh. All I think is, ef them. When shit hits the fan, I'll have some good training with my gear and all of the guys who were too afraid to train with their gear, will be making mistakes and will find flaws in their configurations. All because they were worried about what other people think. The only thing I am worried about, is if I will be effective in protecting my family. Take a buddy with you and loan him a piece of gear. I find you get less laughs when 2 or more are dressed up. I recommend soft armor inserts for the AR500 plates and something els infront that will help lessen the splatter. I know they are coating them these days, but it may help to take more precaution. I wish you luck.

And to keep the thread going, I turned the mags around and plan to head out to the range this weekend to see how I like it. I added 2 pouches. The one on the chest does not obstruct the mags and is not permanent(just a couple of necessities in it). I plan to replace it with a smaller admin pouch. The one on the cummerbund is going to have to do as my IFAK until I can do better. I still need a few other IFAK items to fill it up. The light on the pouch has many uses, but I use it in low light to be easily identified without having to waste my Tomahawk cr123 battery. Don't do much low light shooting, but when I do, it comes in handy.

This is my first PC, so I still have a lot to learn and a lot of training to get it to suit me as well as I have gotten my AK to be exactly how it is now. Looking forward to the challenge. I know a lot of things are going to change when training in the PC.

AMD-65
    Fixed stock conversion Magpul CTR
    Mako Group grip
    Solar Tactical mag well
    TWS Dogleg rail with peep sight
    Aimpoint micro-T1
    Ultimak upper and lower rails
    surefire M600c on a Haley Strategic thorntail mount
    Surefire pressure pad
    Magpul rail covers
    Magpul AFG
    cr2032 battery holder

M&P 9c
    Crimson Trace grip
    Smith & Wesson micro 90
    Apex DCAEK
    Arradondo mag extension- don't settle for the polymer, go with the company that makes aluminum ones

USGG Infidel War Belt
    HSGI Taco pouches
    Maxpedition dump pouch
    GI gloves
    Some "it'll do for now" multi tool
    drop leg panel with built in universal holster/till I get a kydex made
    First Light Tomahawk flashlight

Shellback Banshee
    HSGI Taco pouches
    Tactical Tailor hydration carrier
    Level 4 plates
    Last edited by BoneDaddy; 03-27-13 at 15:28.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Guys this is a "Gear Loadout Pics and Descriptions" thread. Unless you are doing that you are doing it wrong. F2S has already posted a warning so take this as the last one. Infractions go out after that.

All of the useless BS has been removed from this thread so it doesn't get locked. Let keep it cleaned up please.
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Gear loadout pics and descriptions

Will do.

Moved IFAK 1 slot over. Also ordered some pistol pouches from SKD (Esstac Kywi) for the TYR belt. And pads for the shoulder straps.

Last edited by munch520; 03-27-13 at 19:18.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by munch520 View Post
    Will do.

Moved IFAK 1 slot over. Also ordered some pistol pouches from SKD (Esstac Kywi) for the TYR belt. And pads for the shoulder straps.

What IFAK is that and what are some other good ones? Nice setup.
    Last edited by BoneDaddy; 03-27-13 at 23:56.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoneDaddy View Post
    That is a ITS ETA Fatboy. I got one and did a overview and little review on. I got the molle stix and was trying those for a while and need update the review. There is also the ITS ETA Tallboy. It is just a little slimmer and taller.

The HSGI BOK is pretty nice and simple.

I use the Fatboy on my PC and the HSGI BOK on my belt.
    Live FREE don't DIE!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by munch520 View Post
    Also ordered some pistol pouches from SKD (Esstac Kywi) for the TYR belt.
    I've really been kicking the idea around of picking up one of these belts. I'm wanting something a little sleeker and streamlined than my MOLLE belt for some situations. If you get a chance would you mind shooting some detailed pics and a quick write up?
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoneDaddy View Post
    420 got it right...ITS fatboy http://www.skdtac.com/ITS-Tactical-F...-p/its.127.htm

Quote Originally Posted by SWATcop556 View Post
    I've really been kicking the idea around of picking up one of these belts. I'm wanting something a little sleeker and streamlined than my MOLLE belt for some situations. If you get a chance would you mind shooting some detailed pics and a quick write up?
    No problem, I got the belt for the same reasons. Used to have a Brokos and loved the comfort, but hated the bulk. Then went to just the Atlas belt and raven mag carriers, and liked the setup but it took a while to put on. This seems to me like a great happy medium and you're right it is very streamlined and minimalistic. I like that the pad can be moved around so that it hits both hip bones (which is where I need the padding). I was a bit worried about how slim the belt is and how well it would hold magazine carriers and the like, but it is pretty solid. It does move a bit more than a Brokos or other battle belt but that is to be expected since the belt is about half as wide.

Belt setup backside with pad removed

Closeup of webbing

Pad can be velcro'd along belt if needed and positioned as necessary

As setup currently...I'm toying with the idea of changing this a little, adding a single rifle mag carrier and a double pistol.
    Last edited by munch520; 03-28-13 at 08:56.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Munch,

Is the belt stiffened at all? (The Atlas is my EDC belt, so how does it compare to the Atlas in terms of stiffness?)

Does the pad come with the belt?

Also, how secure do your molle pouches mount with only the two slots to weave through?

Page 63 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast