Page 64 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast

Thread: Gear loadout pics and descriptions

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    Munch,

Is the belt stiffened at all? (The Atlas is my EDC belt, so how does it compare to the Atlas in terms of stiffness?)

Does the pad come with the belt?

Also, how secure do your molle pouches mount with only the two slots to weave through?
    The Atlas is my EDC too, I believe this is about the same stiffness but I'll check.

Yep it does.

It's pretty secure, the carriers don't wobble or move at all when using them. It's obviously not as secure as three rows would be, but I don't think it's a deal breaker.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by munch520 View Post
    The Atlas is my EDC too, I believe this is about the same stiffness but I'll check.

Yep it does.

It's pretty secure, the carriers don't wobble or move at all when using them. It's obviously not as secure as three rows would be, but I don't think it's a deal breaker.
    Thanks Munch.

I hadn't seen this belt before, but really like the look of it (not so much the price tho). It would definitely be a sturdier option (as far as mounting pouches) than what I'm using now. Though, mine is sturdy enough, my OCD just nags at me with the slight movement I do have

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    And I see my bank account dwindling before my eyes. I have the HSGI SureGrip belt and the bulk is my least favorite part about it. With my 29" I need all the real estate I can get however. I wonder how a double decker Taco would handle on your belt Munch? That's my preferred pouch to get the most use of every inch of space on my belt currently.
    http://www.youtube.com/wormydog1724

Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz
    This isn't "Ihuntcoyotes.com.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wormydog1724 View Post
    And I see my bank account dwindling before my eyes. I have the HSGI SureGrip belt and the bulk is my least favorite part about it. With my 29" I need all the real estate I can get however. I wonder how a double decker Taco would handle on your belt Munch? That's my preferred pouch to get the most use of every inch of space on my belt currently.
    It may be a bit heavy when loaded, not sure. I need it for a course weekend of 4/26 but I would be happy to send the belt to you before/after that so you can test it out? PM me your details if you want, and I can get it sent.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Gear loadout pics and descriptions

Munch / Ironman, the Atlas you guys are using as the comparison for the Tyr belt... 1.5 or 1.75? Because there's a difference in stiffness between the two Atlases, correct?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rackham1 View Post
    Munch / Ironman, the Atlas you guys are using as the comparison for the Tyr belt... 1.5 or 1.75? Because there's a difference in stiffness between the two Atlases, correct?
    I didn't know there was a difference in stiffness between the two. I have the 1.5 and the stiffness is perfect IMO. Never handled the 1.75".

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Same, mine's 1.5"

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Rick Taylor Approved!

I've been asked by a bunch of folks to post these so here they are. Sorry it took a while. I guess I have that "average" body type, I dunno.

I'm 6' 1" and 170 +/- 32-33" waist

Medium BFG LMAC Ceradyne / MSA Level IV
    Large VTAC Brokas
    Large VTAC Cobra Rigger
    Raven Phantom G19
    Raven Double Pistol pouch
    Raven Double Pmag pouch
    Raven Multitasker II pouch
    Specter Dump pouch
    BFG TKN is not attached but has a slot on my belt @ 6 O Clock back (I go back and forth between on PC or on belt)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    something is coming out of your butt. lol

On a serious note. You planning on running the front slick or putting some mags up there?

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    He has mag pouches on the front so.....
    http://www.youtube.com/wormydog1724

Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz
    This isn't "Ihuntcoyotes.com.

Page 64 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast