Page 70 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast

Thread: Gear loadout pics and descriptions

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    This is my off duty and supplement duty rig. Mayflower APC s/m with medium cummerbund in multicam. For plates I have velocity systems lvl V stand alone 10x12 swimmer cuts in it. I run the Mayflower m4 kangaroo pouch insert and then have two BFG ten speed m4 pouches to hold extra mags or other things as needed (once I get some tq's and training on them I will probably run one in one of these and add more to the left side cummerbund for other medical stuff), also there is a double pistol BFG helium whisper ten speed pouch as well. I run a rite int he rain notebook and a pen in the velcro upper kangaroo pocket (there is a non velcro one that is empty right now). In my defense on the lack of medical stuff is because I am mins away from Grady at work which is a level I trauma center, not that I am naive and don't think I need more medical stuff and that I may not always be at my current department.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    nice. but I'd want at least a tourniquet on there...
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ra2bach View Post
    nice. but I'd want at least a tourniquet on there...
    Agreed, it doesn't take much skill to use TQ's or pressure bandages.

Nice rig though. I've got an older model of the APC. I stuff a TQ in the kangaroo pocket since I use outside mag pouches.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I referenced why I don't yet but plan on getting at least two on the rig, in the post.

Feedback Score

General preparedness / training

Great thread, giving me ideas.

I haven't prepped things out yet because I have a question.

Let's say the belt is 1st Line (1L) and the chest rig is 2nd Line (2L)

How do you choose where certain things go?

For example do I put my small IFAK on my belt or my rig?

My flashlight?

Right now I'm thinking those two on a belt. Leaving the 1pc MAV for 3 AR mags and 2 pistol mags.

The other things on the belt would be: one more AR mag, two more pistol mags, Pistol, multi tool.
    Dan Miami, FL

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by danpass View Post
    Great thread, giving me ideas.

I haven't prepped things out yet because I have a question.

Let's say the belt is 1st Line (1L) and the chest rig is 2nd Line (2L)

How do you choose where certain things go?

For example do I put my small IFAK on my belt or my rig?

My flashlight?

Right now I'm thinking those two on a belt. Leaving the 1pc MAV for 3 AR mags and 2 pistol mags.

The other things on the belt would be: one more AR mag, two more pistol mags, Pistol, multi tool.
    Basically, you choose where things go in order of priority and space. If it's a life saving or immediate access item (ie mags, pistol, TQs, ect.), then that needs to go in places that is easiest to access quickly without interfering with anything else. For example, handgun should obviously go strong side with an unobstructed draw, and same with mags on support side. TQ and IFAK goes in a spot that you can reach with both hands...wich usually means close to centerline front/back.

RE: IFAK placement
    I like it on my belt only because I'm more likely to have the belt on than just the PC. If I have the PC on then the belt will be on, not necessarily the other way around.

RE: Flashlight placement
    I don't have much real estate on my belt line, so the only place I could put it that made sense was in front of my handgun on my right side. I can still reach it with my support hand if I need it, while keeping control of my weapon in my strong hand. My multi-tool is there as well, right next to it.

Just pay attention to most of the setups you see here and you'll see trends...that's called a "clue"
    Last edited by Ironman8; 05-08-13 at 14:41.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    My crye jpc should be shipping any day now (after the 4 month wait). Looking forward to comparing it to my mayflower apc. Probably keeping the jpc a more minimalist rig with bfg ten speed ar mag and pistol pouches and probably not much else.
    http://www.youtube.com/wormydog1724

Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz
    This isn't "Ihuntcoyotes.com.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by karmapolice View Post
    I referenced why I don't yet but plan on getting at least two on the rig, in the post.
    you don't need training on a TQ. it's for extremities. place above the wound and tighten till arterial flow stops. if you've had your blood pressure taken you already experienced how tight this has to be.

if the situation dictated I needed armor, I'd want one immediately available even if I was in the parking lot of a trauma center. they don't take up a lot of room.

most of the people who advocate multiple TQs are in danger of explosions like the military. having a spare in a civi setting is not a bad idea but you don't have to festoon yourself like a Christmas tree. a second in your IFAK would be great or, done right, the Israeli/pressure bandage would serve the purpose...
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Gear loadout pics and descriptions

While I second that you don't need "training" per say on a tourniquet. I would caveat that with; you got to know your equipment and how it works. Trying to thread the strap through the loop while your friend is bleeding out isn't the best time for that. Take you're time to become familiar with the TQ and store in the correct condition. I always have mine with the strap looped through buy loose so all anyone would have to do is tighten it down, secure it, and start twisting the windlass.
    US Army Infantry 2008-2012
    LEO 2012 - Current

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ra2bach View Post
    you don't need training on a TQ. it's for extremities. place above the wound and tighten till arterial flow stops. if you've had your blood pressure taken you already experienced how tight this has to be.
    That level is a bit low to seal off deep blood vessels. Some mechanisms and locations of injury can require pretty significant tourniquet pressure, which is why they have a windlass. Blood-pressure cuff pressure is about the amount needed for a pressure bandage.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Page 70 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast