Page 76 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126 ... LastLast

Thread: Gear loadout pics and descriptions

Feedback Score

Gear loadout pics and descriptions

Tacos are one of the most low profile multi-purpose mag pouches out there. Bulky is 2 triple mag Blackhawk pouches + 10 HEDP rounds + NVGs + 2 frags + 3L Camelback + flashbangs everywhere you could strap them. I think you're good.

Feedback Score

LE Loadout

Been running a LBT 6094 for a few months now. Pouches have been added, taken away and moved around. Current set up;

LBT 6094B
    AMI Tac3s Plates front and back
    Velocity Systems IIIA Dyneema in the Cbun
    LBT kangaroo triple m4 pouch
    LBT universal light pouch
    DARK Angel IFAC with SOF T TQ
    Blue Force Gear Admin Pouch

I run a TYR Gunfighter belt with cuffs, pistol mags and Safariland holster. Jury is still out on the belt though. Been training in it since May but I'm not decided on it yet.
    Last edited by msap; 02-19-14 at 09:14.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    In the sense of what you would just put on first or the sense of what gear is most important? It seems like you're saying the primary gear is on your vest and the belt is just for overflow, which I believe is opposite to what most others here would pick, saying that if they had to choose only one, they'd pick belt. Not trying to criticize, I'm just bringing it up because I'm not set on how I want to organize my kit.
    If i had to pick one it would be my vest, any day. Ive got everything that's on my belt- also on my vest albeit in mini versions. However, the vest holds more ammo, and stops bullets! Not having a handgun would suck but Marines do it everyday. Id rather be semi bulletproof then have the ability to switch to a glock if my AR malfunctions. Personal preference i guess. For home defense the order I grab things is rifle, vest, belt, phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by skd_tactical View Post
    It's a shot in the dark ... I have a better chance of guessing when my wife will be mad for no reason.
    "If your not using an aimpoint, you need to take a ****ing piss test." -LAV

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by msap View Post
    I run a TYR Gunfighter belt with cuffs, pistol mags and Safariland holster. Jury is still out on the belt though. Been training in it since May but I'm not decided on it yet.
    Nice looking rig msap. I'm looking at making a sleek rig like that to go over my uniform. What is it about the Tyr belt that gives you pause? I've been running a Brokos and have thought about going lower profile...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boy Scout View Post
    Nice looking rig msap. I'm looking at making a sleek rig like that to go over my uniform. What is it about the Tyr belt that gives you pause? I've been running a Brokos and have thought about going lower profile...
    I run a Safariland drop leg holster and the TYR Gunfighter is a little more flimsy than I expected. I run my drop leg as high as it will go, just enough to clear my PC. I love the low profile of belt, I just wish it was a little heftier. The belt causes my pistol mags to get hung up during reloads due to the sag. I was using old Eagle Industries pistol mag pouch so maybe that added to the problem. I'm not sure.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Can you post a pic of your belt set up?

Feedback Score
    Here ya go. I put a bianchi mag pouch on there but I haven't trained with it yet

I might try som kydex mag pouches
    Last edited by msap; 07-21-13 at 20:22.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thanks. How do you like the TYR Gunfighter belt?

Feedback Score
    I like it but, as I said, it's a little flimsy for my liking. Pistol draw from a drop leg is fine however my pistol mags get hung up during reloads. I think if I had a more rigid mag pouch, that might solve the issue. At the time I was training with an old Eagle Industries mag pouch. I've since replaced that with a Bianchi pouch but I haven't trained with it yet on the range. I'm thinking something more rigid like kydex might work better. Aside from that issue, the belt is very comfortable. No digging into the hips even with a drop leg holster.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My Banshee as I've run it for the past year before I settled for my FirstSpear Strandhogg. Overall the vest fully loaded weighs about 30lbs or so with mags, water, and armor. I still use it from time-to-time. The shoulder strap mod I made helps the vest perform a lot better than the factory buckles on the straps.

This is a mod I did to my Banshee to fix the shouldering problems I encountered with the factory buckles. It was easier and more comfortable to shoulder a rifle with the shoulder straps being as low profile as possible. To accomplish this I cut off the plastic buckles and replaced them with ITW G-hooks. The G-hooks are stamped steel making them the lowest profile hardware available. Adding Banshee shoulder pads, the whole vest feels more comfortable, stable, and practical.
    Last edited by Roecar; 07-29-13 at 17:38.

Page 76 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126 ... LastLast