Thread: Colt Sear Block Removal

Feedback Score

Colt Sear Block Removal

How difficult is it to remove the sear block from a Colt 6601? I was considering using this rifle for DCM but my main hang up is that I cannot install the Geissele trigger in a sear blocked Colt.

Can it simply be cut out? If so, that will leave a hole in the right side of the receiver. Is there any way to plug that? And... is this cost efficient?

I googled this, but didn't find very much info.

Thanks for the help.
    “Fixed fortifications are monuments to man's stupidity,” George S. Patton, Jr.

Feedback Score
    Is Geissele making a large pin trigger now for a Colt?

Feedback Score
    Yes,

If you go to their website:

http://www.geissele.com/

When you select the type of trigger you want, Match, Service, or DMR, in the purchase options it has a drop down for pin size.

Also, at the bottum of the page, it states:

*NOTE: Colt receivers with large pins (.169" dia) require our Large Pin Trigger. Our Large Pin Trigger will not work in a lower that has a Sear Block.
    “Fixed fortifications are monuments to man's stupidity,” George S. Patton, Jr.

Feedback Score
    If you search the Web you should find instructions to do it. I'd read some a long time ago. I think that there are two or three different sear block styles out there. Some or all of them have blind pins to retain the parts.

John
    Good shooting!