Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ford 351W vs chevy 350---how do they compare?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I drive like a grandma.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I drive like a grandma.
    It all really depends on what you want you can get it built if you have $$$$$$$$$$

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Nothing is wrong. It is just old. The truck has about 3.5 inch lift and mild tires. Nothing crazy. I am going to have it painted gunmetal (of course!) gray and I figured I might as well rebuild the motor while I was at it. I think I am going to rebuild it.
    Those Early Broncos are really neat classics- how content have you been with the performance of the original engine? Maybe a good quality rebuild of the original is all you'd really need. Depending on the condition of the rest of the Bronco and what you've done to it I'd think that retaining the original engine might be an advantage in the long run. It might not be as much fun as a 351 or big block swap or a Cummins 4bt or something neato but it would be a sensible choice.

Feedback Score
    351 Cleveland FTW!

Feedback Score
    The stroker kits ford the small block ford have been very reliable. Personally I have a late model Bronco with a 351. For an older Bronco like what you have I would source an injection system off of a 89-93 mustang with mass air. I would run an e-303 cam, 1.7 rocker arms, and advance the cam timing by two degrees, a set of iron gt 40 heads (cheap power) or go with a set of aluminum elebrock 1.94 heads for a truck. I have run tfs head with the 2.02 valve and they have pulled like a raped ape but I imagine you would look for more torque. I would skip the stroker idea and put my money into these parts and have a soild performer that will pull from 1500 - 6000 rpm. The later model injection set up is cheap to come by, starts all the time, and idles well with a cam.
    Last edited by PrarieDog; 10-14-09 at 22:33. Reason: misspellings

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Last edited by Don Robison; 10-14-09 at 22:48.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345