Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this going to come back and bite us in the ass?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Question Is this going to come back and bite us in the ass?

Green Berets training Iraqi special forces in CQB.

first 30 sec is a commercial

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/wor...sion.creep.cnn
    Doing my part to keep malls safe

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No.

It has been going on since the early days. Nothing new here. CQB isn't rocket science, and they need it since they are doing a lot of the door kicking these days.
    ParadigmSRP.com

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraq Ninja View Post
    No.

It has been going on since the early days. Nothing new here. CQB isn't rocket science, and they need it since they are doing a lot of the door kicking these days.
    Agreed, in fact teaching foreign forces is one of their main jobs.
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Feedback Score

Who are the "Students"

A thousand years of hate and tribalism is embedded into the Iraq infrastructure, who is really being trained here?

The American way is not the way of the middle east. How can the stone age in treatment of, for instance females, be changed? Especially when the men do not want it changed?

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    What he said -this has been going on since the beginning.

I have confidence the Iraqis will find a way to **** up what they've learned while trying to prove to each other how mocho they are.
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
    A thousand years of hate and tribalism is embedded into the Iraq infrastructure, who is really being trained here?

The American way is not the way of the middle east. How can the stone age in treatment of, for instance females, be changed? Especially when the men do not want it changed?
    Scouse,

You must of had different experiences with Iraqi females. In fact, they are more liberated than other Arab countries, especially in Baghdad.

We just opened a new grade school in Hilla. The head master is a woman. I have met many Iraqi woman who hold high offices in their government. They tend to be more honest and hard working then their male counterparts.

The problem with Iraq is a deep seated tradition of corruption at all levels.

The only thing that will come back and bite us on the ass is if we do nothing to help the current Iraqi government.
    ParadigmSRP.com

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Isn't the whole point of the 36th that it is made up of men from every area/tribe/militia?

M_P

Feedback Score

Apples to Oranges. This is the teaching of tactics. It is not the mission of the United States, to make or force, a cultural shift. It is their country. We have influenced them to a degree to be more open to allow more freedoms, BUT....change is an evolutionary process and must occur naturally, in order to be most effective, even if it does occur at a snails pace. It will be for a greater good in the long run, if it naturally progresses, with less backlash from traditionalist and hardliners. Regardless of the country.
    Last edited by RogerinTPA; 10-10-09 at 10:55.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraq Ninja View Post
    Scouse,

You must of had different experiences with Iraqi females. In fact, they are more liberated than other Arab countries, especially in Baghdad.

We just opened a new grade school in Hilla. The head master is a woman. I have met many Iraqi woman who hold high offices in their government. They tend to be more honest and hard working then their male counterparts.

The problem with Iraq is a deep seated tradition of corruption at all levels.

The only thing that will come back and bite us on the ass is if we do nothing to help the current Iraqi government.
    Big generalization, I am kind of good at putting foot in mouth!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I know we've been doing it for awhile and F.I.D is a SOCOM mission but I just feel there is something inherently wrong with teaching our potential enemies our tactics and procedures.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast