Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Am I "over-buffered"????? H2 Buffers...

Feedback Score
    QS,

If you look at the bottom of the FA BCG when used with a SA notched hammer you will see the bottom of the BCG is beat to hell.

While not a deal breaker, I worry about that energy being transfered into the hammer pin and spring.
    Life is too short to deal with Blonde women, or carbine barrels over 10.5 inches

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Solution use a M16 carrier - and a M16 hammer, or if you want to run a asemi-auto hammer -- don't use a cut Colt one.

regarding Mk262
    From my understanding the .mil is taking ALL the BH Mk262 they can make. The ammo we got via DOS - is marked "Mk262 Mod1 spec" -- and is 50rds white box - as opposed to the 20rds brown box mil stuff.
    Everything else is seconds.

Regarding HSM ammo -- its NOT NATO spec -- I tested several lots of their 77gr loads and it was all 100-225fps slower than the Mk262.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    For AR15 use DPMS makes a non-notched hammer, which is why I like their LPKs. Essentially they are just M16A2/A4 hammers with the sear tail ground off. You can tell this because the disconnector notch on the hammer is very wide for the dual disconnectors of the 3 round burst.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    Regarding HSM ammo -- its NOT NATO spec -- I tested several lots of their 77gr loads and it was all 100-225fps slower than the Mk262.
    Kevin,

I belive that HSM makes a 75gr load that is loaded to NATO spec not a 77gr. It is suppose to be a less expensive version of Hornady TAP 75gr 5.56mm.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeMacGillie View Post
    QS,

If you look at the bottom of the FA BCG when used with a SA notched hammer you will see the bottom of the BCG is beat to hell.

While not a deal breaker, I worry about that energy being transfered into the hammer pin and spring.
    Hm. I examined both of the ones I have, and I don't see it occurring on either of mine. One of them has a slightly beat-up notch on the hammer, but I believe that to be from the original cutaway carrier. Still, your point is well taken, and I think next time I get a chance to pick up a couple of Colt M16 hammers, I'll put them on the mill and make 'em large pin so as to eliminate the issue entirely.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456