Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My AK

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Beautiful Grant!

I too am going the non purist route. Have a Lancaster AKM RS on the way. I couldn't afford the nicer things for it so I went w/ the UTG rail (I know I know...but it's got good reviews), Aimpoint clone from L33t Tactical....(once again I know but I can only afford one real Aimpoint anyways and once again this thing has gotten good reviews) and then to top it all off I'm getting a CAA G-27 style grip to match my AR's...love that grip. Oh and an ACE side folder....triangular style and cutting the tang to have an internal receiver block. (Not a fan of how the external one sticks out an inch and a half).

Man seeing your pics makes me get stupid excited.
    Professional Babysitter

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fivepointoh View Post
    Beautiful Grant!

I too am going the non purist route. Have a Lancaster AKM RS on the way. I couldn't afford the nicer things for it so I went w/ the UTG rail (I know I know...but it's got good reviews), Aimpoint clone from L33t Tactical....(once again I know but I can only afford one real Aimpoint anyways and once again this thing has gotten good reviews) and then to top it all off I'm getting a CAA G-27 style grip to match my AR's...love that grip. Oh and an ACE side folder....triangular style and cutting the tang to have an internal receiver block. (Not a fan of how the external one sticks out an inch and a half).

Man seeing your pics makes me get stupid excited.

Uh, it doesn't make you excited in your special place does it???

C4

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Grant that Dr. looks like it's just begging to sit up on that lonely goofy piece of rail above the gas tube...

5.0- That 1337 tactical clone gets good reviews because the people that buy it generally haven't seen anything nicer... just food for thought.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Thanks. What I am really after is the ability to mount a Vickers 2 point sling on it. I don't have a sling swivel where the receiver and the stock meet (which is where I like them).

C4
    Just go ahead and mount the BFG/VT sling to the stock SLR-106 sling mounts.

They work just fine.

I just used the front mounting hook that comes with the stock Bulgarian sling. It took me about five minutes to cut it off the sling with a hacksaw.

I was originally looking into alternative ways to mount mine but it ended up being too much of a hassle.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    I have been impressed at how solid the Arsenals feel. They almost feel like a bolt gun, no rattles, no wobbles. Which in comparison to some of the AK platform guns I have shot is a good thing.

Feedback Score
    Grant if you were to sell one like that minus the grip, opticals and lights what would it go for?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideHz View Post
    Grant that Dr. looks like it's just begging to sit up on that lonely goofy piece of rail above the gas tube...

5.0- That 1337 tactical clone gets good reviews because the people that buy it generally haven't seen anything nicer... just food for thought.

I hear ya...If it doesn't work out then oh well...lesson learned. I do have a real M2 and know what I can and can't expect. I got it today however in the mail (the clone) and it's pretty damn solid. I'm gonna swap out the covers for some butler creeks, take out the batteries and throw in a 1/3N and change the mount to an Aimpoint Low mount. So far I'm impressed on the looks of it. Now as far as function...well that will come when I get my AK here.

And no Grant...I don't recall getting excited in that place...but then again I might when I actually let some of the 7.62 goodness fly!

Sorry for the hijack btw.
    Professional Babysitter

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
    Grant if you were to sell one like that minus the grip, opticals and lights what would it go for?

Thanks
    Your looking at about $985 + shipping for the that model AK and the SF rail.

C4

Feedback Score
    She sure is a nice one but I think I may pick up a cheap one as my Old Lady wants to kill me for buying to many toys lately.

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Grant,That is one hell of an AK!Nice job!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast