Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's OK to insult a man's rifle here, right?

Feedback Score
    a lot of people want to hear their bushmaster is every bit as good as a Noveske ?
    Again, I sure it happens. Most people post their low tier rifle and get told how it isnt staked, they put a cheap sight on it, wrong accessories suck, and what ever else the senoir members see unfit. Which leads to the same posting of the BMC middy link to G&R tactical.

There are many members here that are knowledgeable and are great sources of info, a lot of them have an elitist attitude. There are even more that follow their lead like zombies and just repost the same stuff, like it is their first hand info just to fit in.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by perna View Post
    Again, I sure it happens. Most people post their low tier rifle and get told how it isnt staked, they put a cheap sight on it, wrong accessories suck, and what ever else the senoir members see unfit. Which leads to the same posting of the BMC middy link to G&R tactical.

There are many members here that are knowledgeable and are great sources of info, a lot of them have an elitist attitude. There are even more that follow their lead like zombies and just repost the same stuff, like it is their first hand info just to fit in.
    and there are a lot of people that seem to persist in being here JUST to be the contrarian opinion of the "good enough" crowd, yet when pressed about their "fit and finish" posts can't actually provide anything to back up their statements or elaborate on their opinions and give examples of specific brands.

Look, not all sites are for all people. TOS has tried to be all things for all people so that the owners can make a buck and have a celebrity status and look what a mess that is. If M4C is the home of people that have a need (perceived or real) for the best quality firearms and training, and some people that would rather buy a Sportical and shoot 200 rounds a year get offended by that and leave, so what? If they get upset and leave, so what? Better that then staying and taking every opportunity to tell the established membership that they're stupid and mean.

Personally I'd rather see the integrity of the site maintained than have a shiny happy place where all people are welcome. I'm here because we DON'T get a lot of bullshit from the 200-rounds-per-year-from-the-bench crowd.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    and there are a lot of people that seem to persist in being here JUST to be the contrarian opinion of the "good enough" crowd, yet when pressed about their "fit and finish" posts can't actually provide anything to back up their statements or elaborate on their opinions and give examples of specific brands.
    I really dont see how bringing up a locked thread serves any purpose, except to bait me in to continuing it in this thread, and getting me banned.

This just shows that you feel the need to weed out anyone you think might be from the "TOS", I guess you have a personal vendetta since you were banned there.

I was never a member there and only read posts from there when it was linked here or turned up on google. But I will say it like the mods do here, if you have a problem with me, PM me if there is a problem.

I'm here because we DON'T get a lot of bullshit from the 200-rounds-per-year-from-the-bench crowd.
    You run those people away like they tried to give you AIDS. Honestly I dont even want to take a training class if the people in the class are going to act like alot of the senior members here.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thedog View Post
    Because he didn't buy/couldn't afford the "accepted" brand/s? So, have at it? That "extra" $100 is not possible for alot of people, ever. Even subltley, like, well, for another $100 dollars "you could have had..." or whatever. The basic AR is extremely reliable. For MOST applications.
    "So and So" bought a DPMS, Bushmaster, etc. Well, let's point out his rifle's wrongs. Some lend helping hands, stake the bolt carrier etc. Awesome. Others just want to shit on his/her parade, for shits sake. Aren't we all on the same side? Well, supposed to be.? Good helpful comments are, just that. A new AR owner doesn't need a boatload of shit from people he is reaching out to.
    Let's get better about the way we respond to our fellow black rifle owners. Better attitudes. Not insults.

dog
    Well, you could either lead from the front or castigate folks en masse which is what you just did.

Feedback Score
    It seems you know what castigate means, but that is a stretch. I have learned a lot about people that use uncommon words to describe something simple over the years. Most use big words because they can not deal with the argument and try to sound smart by using some big words to gain an advantage. The rest either have no idea what the word actually means and got it from word of the day toilet paper, and still use it because they can not win the argument.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by perna View Post
    It seems you know what castigate means, but that is a stretch. I have learned a lot about people that use uncommon words to describe something simple over the years. Most use big words because they can not deal with the argument and try to sound smart by using some big words to gain an advantage. The rest either have no idea what the word actually means and got it from word of the day toilet paper, and still use it because they can not win the argument.
    perna - Consider this a warning.

This thread is going to go no where but downhill.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12