Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Limbaugh Out

Feedback Score

Limbaugh Out

Just when I was gettiing excited about watching football in Denver, looks like I'll work in the yard on Sundays.

Limbaugh is out after all the ninny's worried about his negative impact about how people might feel about him being a minority owner. Love Limbaugh or hate Limbaugh, if you have conservative leanings this is a very dark day. We have a president that admits to a 'little blow' and spent most of his time with ACORN. He's OK to have as president, but a radio talk show host is too radical to own a football team?

I was watching Mike&Mike this morning and the skinny Mike was talking about how Limaugh had to be bounced since there was not upside to having him as an owner. Well I'll tell you there is a downside to shunning someone that is a bit right of center and a lifelong NFL fan. I'm not watching anymore games this year, and I'm thinking about finding some local and national NFL advertisers and tell them that I'm not happy.

I don't want to hear any happy horseshit about how the NFL didn't do this, they stood bye and let it happen. I guess they don't like conservative money, so boom, they don't get any of mine.

An ACORN President and we are 'redlining' who can own a NFL franchise.

I guess they don't like my kind. Screw'm.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I know,that friggin crazy right?!? Count one more who wont be watching nfl games.
    Good point too that we can have such a radical left POTUS but people are making a big deal about who owns an nfl team???

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The guy knows & loves the game too...I think he would have been an asset on his passion alone. The NFL comish should be ashamed as should the owner of the Colts for their comments.

I expected as much from the left to pull the race card.

It's no wonder college ball continues to grow.....I miss the old days of the nfl.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I, for one, find it curious how a league that has let how many felons back on the field suddenly finds a sense of morality when it comes to a radio talkshow host buying into a team.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    NFL = National Felons League

Feedback Score
    You are really faulting the NFL for not wanting a drug addict to own a team?
    It is a business, what other business would want a branch of their company to be run buy a drug addict?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by perna View Post
    It is a business, what other business would want a branch of their company to be run buy a drug addict?
    Ah. So it's his past drug problems that are the deal breaker. I suppose that's fair since the NFL has made a tremendous effort to rid themselves of all the players with substance abuse problems....
    Last edited by John_Wayne777; 10-15-09 at 08:35.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Wayne777 View Post
    Ah. So it's his past drug problems that are the deal breaker. I suppose that's fair since the NFL has made a tremendous effort to rid themselves of all the players with substance abuse problems....
    Imagine what the roster would look like...

I have not heard one mention of his drug history in regards to this and I suspect it is because of it being thrown back in their face in regards to the players as you mention.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Wayne777 View Post
    I, for one, find it curious how a league that has let how many felons back on the field suddenly finds a sense of morality when it comes to a radio talkshow host buying into a team.
    mm-hmm, isn't that something.

for awhile there, I thought the NFL stood the Nat'l. Felons League.

or wait... wasn't that basketball?...
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by perna View Post
    He was an investor in a consortium trying to buy a team. What did his past problems have to do with the fungability of his money?

M_P

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast