Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Project Featherweight

Feedback Score
    FWIW, the mako dust cover and the JP low mass bolt carrier don't play well together. The lump on the inside of this dust cover is shaped for the big scallop on the milspec bolt carrier, and the JP has a very small scallop. Being plastic and all, it won't be rocket surgery to fix, but fix it I must... as it sits, the dust cover will not close.

That rifle has almost all of the V7 kit on it, except for the selector (which I have, and will be installed), and the gas block (which I didn't use because it's not adjustable, and I need to choke down the gas for the low mass BCG and superlight buffer).

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Updates to Project Featherweight:
    10" BCM KMR rail, BCM upper receiver, X7Weapons 57degree safety, titanium takedown pins, aluminum mag catch assy, aluminum castle nut and QD end plate.

Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robb Jensen View Post
    Updates to Project Featherweight:
    10" BCM KMR rail, BCM upper receiver, X7Weapons 57degree safety, titanium takedown pins, aluminum mag catch assy, aluminum castle nut and QD end plate.
    Robb, I have always enjoyed this thread and the the builds progression. But I have to ask, if changing uppers, why the change to another one build for a forward assist? Aero amongst others make a very reasonably priced upper with no forward assist.

Thanks,
    -Theo

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    Robb, I have always enjoyed this thread and the the builds progression. But I have to ask, if changing uppers, why the change to another one build for a forward assist? Aero amongst others make a very reasonably priced upper with no forward assist.

Thanks,
    -Theo
    Just happened to be what I had on hand without buying another receiver.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    Robb, this is one of my favorite threads, ever----not only at M4C, not only about the AR15/M4, but ever. (A long thread on handmade kilts edges it, but hey.) It's great to hear you're still running it.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324