Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Woohoo! Got a new lens for my camera!

Feedback Score
    love my Nikon IS as well

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Congrats on the new toy/accessory. Photography is a very expensive hobby, I use to have a Canon Rebel XT w/ a Tamron lens. Needless to say I gave up photography to pursue scuba and class III
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." — Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Awesome!

I have a Sigma 70-300mm for my Canon T1i and it's fun to shoot longer distances. I've rounded it out on the end of the spectrum with a Sigma 10-20mm for some cool ass wide angle stuff too.

Feedback Score
    I got to shoot some pictures with my buddies DSLR while we were flying american flags over the palace. It was so fun and makes me want to buy one to play with. I am looking at getting a Canon EOS 50D
    Last edited by littleshoe; 10-16-09 at 00:31.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bulbvivid View Post
    So I keep telling myself I need the 70-200 2.8 L.

Jason

The 70-200 2.8 IS L is a workhorse for me. I can't think of any lens that could replace it, but you are correct, its not a cheap lens.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    The 70-200 2.8 IS L is a workhorse for me. I can't think of any lens that could replace it, but you are correct, its not a cheap lens.
    Stick
    The 70-200 2.8 IS L and the 17-40 F4L are my two favorite lenses. I use those two set ups to shoot about 90 percent of my photos.

Everyone else.
    My 4 year old 28-135 IS USM has more clicks through it than I can remember. It was my very first lens. I had to send it back for a Err 99 issue once about a year ago after some HARD use. Hopefully Canon hasn't cut corners on it since its now a "kit" lens.

Grant
    Congrats on the new lens. The next telephoto lens I am aiming for is the 100-400 L with IS for airshows!

45R

Feedback Score

Nice Lenses

I use to shoot a Canon 35mm SLR and my all time favorite lens for that camera was a 70-210mm Macro Zoom. I loved the versatility this lens offered for close up to distance. I also had a 100-300mm Telephoto that just never did get much camera time.
    Have fun with your new toy.
    "Get yourself a Glock, Lose that Nickle plated sissy pistol." Sam Gerard (Tommy Lee Jones)

Ignorance is Defensible, Stupidity is Not!

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Is anyone running a Polarizing filter on their lens? I bought one to play with to see what it would do (or not do).

Below are two pics I took. I cannot really tell too much of a difference.

C4

Filter not used

Filter used

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I'll have one someday, it's just a bit down on the list. And though I've never used one, I have a feeling it is, for the most part, worth the money.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 45r View Post
    Stick
    The 70-200 2.8 IS L and the 17-40 F4L are my two favorite lenses. I use those two set ups to shoot about 90 percent of my photos.

Everyone else.
    My 4 year old 28-135 IS USM has more clicks through it than I can remember. It was my very first lens. I had to send it back for a Err 99 issue once about a year ago after some HARD use. Hopefully Canon hasn't cut corners on it since its now a "kit" lens.

Grant
    Congrats on the new lens. The next telephoto lens I am aiming for is the 100-400 L with IS for airshows!

45R

Thanks.

Something I found interesting is that there were two options for the lense I bought. You could get one made in the US or one made overseas. The US one was more money.

Mine was made in Japan.

C4

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast