Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Special Ops Mission" on the Military Channel

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

"Special Ops Mission" on the Military Channel

Anyone else watch "Special Ops Mission" on the Military Channel? It's on right now, and I've been watching it for the past couple of weeks.

Basically it's one guy completing a mission against an opfor of usually 4 or 5 operators, using simunitions. In this particular episode he's infiltrating an enemy camp that houses weapons of mass destruction. He's supposed to document and/or destroy the WMD then get out without getting killed.

Being strictly a chairborne ranger, I don't know how realistic it is or how good the tactics are, but I do find the show to be entertaining, and the host's creds (Wil Willis) seem to be authentic. I've noticed a couple of scenes that seemed staged or maybe re-filmed, but overall like the show. Better than watching Dancing With the Stars anyway.

So what say you?

Feedback Score
    I have watched every episode so far. Its kinda of a mixed somethings are ok others like the sniper shoot I think were staged. My main complaint the opfor never have anytime to set up patrols by the time they do he has already inside the patrol perimeter.

Feedback Score
    I've seen it, I was never Spec-op either but it was better than man versus wild. I liked the one where it concluded with him escaping in an ultralite aircraft.
    Good points Thomas. It is very cat/mouse.
    Last edited by geminidglocker; 10-15-09 at 21:55.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by geminidglocker View Post
    I've seen it, I was never Spec-op either but it was better than man versus wild. I liked the one where it concluded with him escaping in an ultralite aircraft.
    Good points Thomas. It is very cat/mouse.
    Are you talking about Andy Maknab the British SAS because I don't remember MR Whisky \Whisky evacing with a ultralight. I remember Andy evacing with an ultralight on one of his episodes. Andy was good at setting bobytraps I don't remember him ever getting into a firefight .

Feedback Score
    I've seen it and thought it was a pretty descent series.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    I was never special ops, but I will say the tactics Whiskey Whiskey uses sucks at times and I especially hate the dumb ass comments he makes too.

I like the show that was on USA Network that was on a few years ago better.

Feedback Score
    I think you are right, I am talking about a different show, sorry, havent seen this one.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    for me, i will tune in, but not good enough to dvr. scripted seems to be an understatement. some of the opfor that they recruit come from TOS I think. but yes, better than dancing with the stars.
    Last edited by sadmin; 10-15-09 at 22:47.
    Matthew 10:28

Feedback Score
    geminidglocker

I think what you are talking about was an escape and evasion show wasn't it. Like man tracker or something like that? A bunch of middle aged guys trying to track down a guy before he made it out to a pick up area.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MSP "Sarge" View Post
    geminidglocker

I think what you are talking about was an escape and evasion show wasn't it. Like man tracker or something like that? A bunch of middle aged guys trying to track down a guy before he made it out to a pick up area.
    i think he means Mark Burnett's Combat Missions.
    Matthew 10:28

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast