Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I wonder if he denies the license for backwoods trash white couples that come in? Not like their kids are going to be in an easy ride, either.
    Speaking from personal experience as a guy involved with the church for a long time....

The kind of people you would really like to deny a marriage license to generally have already procreated.

You need a license to drive a car and a background check to buy a gun...but any moron can have a child.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Wayne777 View Post
    The kind of people you would really like to deny a marriage license to generally have already procreated.
    No doubt....Sad but true
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    I find it disgraceful that one has to get a "license" to be married in the first place.

If that "power" was removed from the states I suspect that would bypass much of the retributional punishment that is coming when it comes to "legalizing" gay marriage. It would also prevent a stooge from denying a "license" to somebody on the basis of race.
    Last edited by Redmanfms; 10-17-09 at 19:10. Reason: I don't want to be accused of being something I'm not, again......

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmanfms View Post
    I find it disgraceful that one has to get a "license" to be married in the first place.
    It's just another tax IMO.
    Last edited by Irish; 10-17-09 at 18:22.

Feedback Score
    Sad that this kinda thing still goes on. Sadder still, that there are those, on both sides, who have this train of thought. That they are doing this form of discrimination for other peoples benefit, out of "pity" for the children. Racism is still alive and well.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

ToddG Guest
    I'm in LA this weekend teaching a class, and this has come up a couple of times. Unanimous consensus is that the JotP who did this is going to get tarred & feathered.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Wayne777 View Post
    Speaking from personal experience as a guy involved with the church for a long time....

You need a license to drive a car and a background check to buy a gun...but any moron can have a child.
    My thought is you should have to have to pass an IQ test to vote and reproduce in this society. I think many of our problems would cease to exist in this country.

Pretty bad this has to happen today with even getting married...what year is it again??

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    "He came to the conclusion that most of black society does not readily accept offspring of such relationships, and neither does white society, he said."

Whether true or not, it's none of his f-ing business and way out of his authority. He's a racist POS. My GFs grandparents had to be married in 3 separate states because each state they went to would not honor their marriage. They had 14 kids (yes 14!), some of whom went onto good things, some not, and were married 'till they died of old age.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

LA JOP

It sounds like this JOP needs to resign. It is ridiculous to think this way. It is even more outrageous for this person to be in a position to deny a couple the right to marry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12