Thread: Noticed a re-occurring issue with Magpul AOTC II dvd?!?!

Feedback Score

Noticed a re-occurring issue with Magpul AOTC II dvd?!?!

First DVD set I ordered from Brownells.
    Every disc functioned flawlessly until I selected the drills "16-30" option on the third disc. I noticed that is wher the disc takes a dump and becomes pixelated and choppy. It will not play any drill past 15. It did however play all drills 1-15.

I called Magpul who displayed outstanding customer service and sent a new copy.
    Immediately I took out disc 3 and attempted to play drills 16-30 and the same damn thing happened. I have reason to believe this may be something that happened during editing or an entire batch of disc was somehow compromised???

Just thought I would bring that to your attention. Those are the best drills out of all of them and they dont plat at all...
    "Everyone has been given a gift in life. Some people have a gift for science and some have a flair for art. And warriors have been given the gift of aggression. They would no more misuse this gift than a doctor would misuse his healing arts, but they yearn for the opportunity to use their gift to help others. These people, the ones who have been blessed with the gift of aggression and a love for others, are our sheepdogs. These are our warrior"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BLACK LION View Post
    I have reason to believe this may be something that happened during editing or an entire batch of disc was somehow compromised???

I am watching Drill 16 right now.

Have you tried multiple DVD players / PCs / Macs / whatever other devices will play DVDs to see if it always happens regardless the player?
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Like e-guns, I'd suggest trying a different player. Sounds like therein lies your problem.
    "Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again." - Ronald Wilson Reagan, 40th President of the United States

Feedback Score
    I have, although not on a mac or pc... just dvd players and gaming systems.
    I just wondered if anyone else had this problem so I could rule out all the players as culprits.
    My gaming systems are a little older but my dvd player is brand new and one of those that is compatible with everything. I have not had any problems playing any disc thats not scratched or scuffed up...
    Its just wierd to me that it plays every part of every disc just fine until drill 17... then it gets choppy.
    It could be the player and a return trip to wally world will confirm that.

Thanks guys.
    "Everyone has been given a gift in life. Some people have a gift for science and some have a flair for art. And warriors have been given the gift of aggression. They would no more misuse this gift than a doctor would misuse his healing arts, but they yearn for the opportunity to use their gift to help others. These people, the ones who have been blessed with the gift of aggression and a love for others, are our sheepdogs. These are our warrior"