Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi Power Experts

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Hi Power Experts

I don't own a single Browning High Power and I have considered it a gap in my safe for a while.

Arms Unlimited has a batch of imports in and I'm considering one of their Pistols to fill the gap.

There are a bunch of options that are meaningless to me. Which would you choose if any and why?

75C Serial Prefix
    GV Serial Range
    245 Serial Range
    215 Serial Range
    Shooter grade mixed - Not interested in shooter grade only.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I was in the same boat many moons ago. Gaijin helped me and can chime in and help you. He knows his BHP guns, as do many others better than myself. .

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I didn't want to miss the boat because I was too slow to pull the trigger.

I did some quick research and I think the 215 serial prefix have a higher chance of being associated with a military contract, so I went with the 215 serial prefix.

Probably not a smoking hot deal, but I've missed the boat on this type of stuff in the past.

Hopefully someone can still chime in with information and let me know if I did ok.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Every time I peek down the Hi Power wormhole I start seeing the comments like. "make sure to get jo schmo's trigger mod, and make sure this spring is changed out for that one".. blah blah blah. I'd love a 9mm blaster, but I don't want a lifesuck project.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Every time I peek down the Hi Power wormhole I start seeing the comments like. "make sure to get jo schmo's trigger mod, and make sure this spring is changed out for that one".. blah blah blah. I'd love a 9mm blaster, but I don't want a lifesuck project.
    This one will stay in its original configuration.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    This thread got me looking at the SA-35 on the youtube machine. (I may be after something different than you) The Springfield out of the box trigger is actually acceptable for a range blaster... and it's a little cheaper than the real FNs.

My thing is I could buy one and not have to modify it to enjoy it.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Arms Unlimited has a batch of imports in and I'm considering one of their Pistols to fill the gap.
    There are a bunch of options that are meaningless to me. Which would you choose if any and why?

75C Serial Prefix
    GV Serial Range
    245 Serial Range
    215 Serial Range
    Shooter grade mixed - Not interested in shooter grade only.
    I'm not sure about the meaning of the serial numbers, but the one they have pictured has an aluminum frame as opposed to the typical steel frame. That's definitely a plus when it comes to desirability.

The ones that Arms Unlimited is selling appear to be the Mk II versions. They typically have to be worked on to get them to 100% reliability. The later Mk III versions are good to go right out of the box plus the sights and safety are better. FN no longer makes them, but you can get the equivalent from Girsan. The quality is on par with the FN's. The MCP35 is imported by EAA. They can be had for about $450 new. They also offer a "detective" version with a shortened slide and barrel if you consider the Hi Power too long.
    https://battlehawkarmory.com/product...kiarmslistings

Feedback Score
    Markm....that shit is so overblown. I've got 6 FN Hi Powers.....all in their original configuration except the Capitan and all I did there was remove the mag disconnect. Mine have been great out of the box. It was never meant to be a race gun.

I've got the Springfield too and highly recommend. Great lower cost option that shoots just like the original.

Heavyweight

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavyweight View Post
    Markm....that shit is so overblown. I've got 6 FN Hi Powers.....all in their original configuration except the Capitan and all I did there was remove the mag disconnect. Mine have been great out of the box. It was never meant to be a race gun.

I've got the Springfield too and highly recommend. Great lower cost option that shoots just like the original.

Heavyweight
    Thanks! The Springfield looks good if I can find one locally. Sportsmans and Scheels can get them, but I'd rather find one in stock if possible.

Feedback Score
    The local gun swapper/buyer/renter at our clay pigeon club brought his newish SA Highpower and loaned it to our pistole connoisseur. He brought it back a week later and pronounced it the equal to his Novak massaged FN.

YMMV But comparing it side by side with my FN was pretty positive.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast